+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dbss said:
Does anyone know how we can track certified cheque payments?

In 2015, when were the AOR's issued for successfully processed payments?
I asked the same question, a member said last year AORs were received around March or so.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
rajparvez87 said:
Some key points:
1) According to the Ontario Council for Agencies Serving Immigrants, there is no evidence showing that parents with permanent residency in Canada are a burden on the health-care system. Dont forget parents sponsorship is not a new thing but has been going on for more than 10 years (at least) and they issue at least 20k visas every year, so there are more 200k parents/grandparents came in Canada in past 10 years but Canada's healthcare system is still solid and one of the best in the world.
2) As for pension holders, sponsored parents withdraw the lowest amounts given their short residency and employment record.
3) While some parents and grandparents may turn to social assistance after the sponsorship period has elapsed, the vast majority are cared for by their loved ones long into the future.
4) Family reunification means that income earned by Canadian immigrants stays here in Canada instead of being sent abroad as remittances. Parents often bring savings with them when they immigrate, at times financially assisting their children as they find their foothold. Others continue working; a 2009 Dalhousie study found that more than 40 per cent of parents and grandparents found employment with 30 per cent working at home as child-care providers.
5) For Chinese immigrants in particular, the one-child policy has meant there is often no one else to care for one’s parents so its a moral concern for them.
6) CIC has increased the income requirement to LICO + 30% (for 3 years) and processing time is 4 years so by the time parents arrive you would have paid 7 years worth of taxes ( I am sure that additional 30% income makes you pay enough taxes so that government can cover your parents' health care, they are not stupid :D).

Super Visa

Its a great alternative but it has limitations like
1) parents can't work on super visa. e.g. My dad is not that old and speaks good English but when he visited me he got bored out of his mind because he had nothing to do all day when I was at work.
2) Health insurance is not tax deductible (as far as I know). Technically parents are your dependents for 2 years so there should be some tax incentives.

Overall I think the capped approach to PGP sponsorship is the most practical and win-win option. Shutting it down is not an option.
Point 1) I take any studies with a grain of salt. I would not believe the study issued by them as it benefits them. Why would they release a study that makes them look bad. That is like a tobacco company releasing a study that tobacco has no burden on ontario health care. It all comes down to who funds the study and who releases it. There are other studies / statisitcs that says otherwise.

Point 6. You are dreaming if you think 30% more income tax requirement will cover your parent health care. Your income tax covers yourself and your family. Not your parents. The government is not that stupid. There was a reason a cap was introduced.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
screech339 said:
Point 1) I take any studies with a grain of salt. I would not believe the study issued by them as it benefits them. Why would they release a study that makes them look bad. That is like a tobacco company releasing a study that tobacco has no burden on ontario health care. It all comes down to who funds the study and who releases it. There are other studies / statisitcs that says otherwise.

Point 6. You are dreaming if you think 30% more income tax requirement will cover your parent health care. Your income tax covers yourself and your family. Not your parents. The government is not that stupid. There was a reason a cap was introduced.
and again
GUYS PLEASE!!!

mamaburger

Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:

[size=10pt]Guys, stop feeding the troll[/size]

alfi

Jan 13, 2016
I just registered here since I got pissed off at all the negative comments from some bigots here who ignore the purpose of this thread and keep on B.Sing about how bad this program is (despite the fact that everyone is telling them to S#$# the F#$ up and leave already. In my case ( and I am sure lot of people here are on the same boat here) , my parents worked hard and gave me every penny they had to come to this country and get education. Now as a successful Canadian I make good money and pay good taxes too (close to 100,000G a year!) so you are damn right that i will bring them to this country to enjoy living here and some of the benefits Canada provides AND I PAY FOR! much better than my taxes going to some stoned head living in a s@#@ hole living on my taxes. So as I said S#%$ the F#$#$ bigots and good luck to everyone else!

hoveran

Jun 21, 2014
screech339 said:
Oh you know what? My income tax covers much more than that. There was a reason that PGP exists, to attract immigrants who generate lots of income tax.

Ya feel free to scrap PGP, then maybe what you said will become true: Canada will only attract immigrants whose income tax can only cover themselves and kids, just like average Canadians.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
mamaburger said:
[size=10pt]Guys, stop feeding the troll[/size]
:eek: lol... it doesn't help :'(. It looks like those guys can type but (unfortunately) are not able to read. Like monkeys and type writing machine :D.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
alfi said:
I just registered here since I got pissed off at all the negative comments from some bigots here who ignore the purpose of this thread and keep on B.Sing about how bad this program is (despite the fact that everyone is telling them to S#$# the F#$ up and leave already. In my case ( and I am sure lot of people here are on the same boat here) , my parents worked hard and gave me every penny they had to come to this country and get education. Now as a successful Canadian I make good money and pay good taxes too (close to 100,000G a year!) so you are damn right that i will bring them to this country to enjoy living here and some of the benefits Canada provides AND I PAY FOR! much better than my taxes going to some stoned head living in a s@# @ hole living on my taxes. So as I said S#%$ the F#$#$ bigots and good luck to everyone else!
;D ;D ;D ;D

Eluka80

Star Member
Mar 6, 2014
Hello ,please let me know if anyone with UPS got cc,thank u
i am soooooo worried :(
congratulation to all who already got cc and good luck to those who are waiting ;)

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
Eluka80 said:
Hello ,please let me know if anyone with UPS got cc,thank u
i am soooooo worried :(
congratulation to all who already got cc and good luck to those who are waiting ;)
According to spreadsheet only few credit cards have been charged on Jan 13. It seems to me there is a kind of break in CIC's work today.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Anyway I apologized to everyone for going off topic of the thread. I said my piece and made my points.
Carry on, my friends.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
alfi said:
I just registered here since I got pissed off at all the negative comments from some bigots here who ignore the purpose of this thread and keep on B.Sing about how bad this program is (despite the fact that everyone is telling them to S#$# the F#$ up and leave already. In my case ( and I am sure lot of people here are on the same boat here) , my parents worked hard and gave me every penny they had to come to this country and get education. Now as a successful Canadian I make good money and pay good taxes too (close to 100,000G a year!) so you are damn right that i will bring them to this country to enjoy living here and some of the benefits Canada provides AND I PAY FOR! much better than my taxes going to some stoned head living in a s@# @ hole living on my taxes. So as I said S#%$ the F#$#$ bigots and good luck to everyone else!
Are you paying 100,000 GRAND (that's 100,000,000, lol) taxes a year? I only make like 100k a year gross :-\

alfi

Jan 13, 2016
ya61x said:
Are you paying 100,000 GRAND (that's 100,000,000, lol) taxes a year? I only make like 100k a year gross :-\
The 'G' was a mistake, either way, 100k or 100,000K, of 10,000$ doesn't matter , the point is we all pay taxes and nobody owes nobody nothing!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
hoveran said:
Oh you know what? My income tax covers much more than that. There was a reason that PGP exists, to attract immigrants who generate lots of income tax.

Ya feel free to scrap PGP, then maybe what you said will become true: Canada will only attract immigrants whose income tax can only cover themselves and kids, just like average Canadians.
I didn't say PGP should be strapped. Just saying there is a reason a cap was introduced and why it's popular. Nothing more.

If the PGP was strapped, immigrants will still come to Canada regardless. We didn't see any drop in immigration to Canada when PGP was frozen with no indication on when it will reopens.

Immigrants will still come to Canada knowing that health care is covered, with or without PGP. There are other factors like protection from discrimination, and freedom of choice and speech, be seen as an equal among people, etc etc.

Anyway as mentioned, I have said my piece. Back on topic. Again sorry.

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009