Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

desi2

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
Seriously?

I came to Canada to study when I was 19. And I don't have siblings, moreover, my father passed away while I was student.

I paid 3x tuition a Canadian pays at a university
I paid income taxes on my co-op salary from age 20 (even Canadians don't do that)
This is my 11th year in Canada and my mom is still not a PR, what's so wrong if I want to bring her here to live with me permanently especially when she has a grandchild.
Makes perfect sense, I am in similar boat and would like to add that we were not burden on Canadian health care and education sector like Canadian born or raised people.
I wish there are some stats about how much it cost the government to raise a children from birth to high school (probably 100's of thousands). And here we were fully raised with triple the tuition fee in hand for university/college and paying tax from the day we started working.
Lot of non-sense going around in this forum, all I can say is that we are not wrong anywhere in sponsoring our parents and don't feel like that they will depend on your tax money. We already contributed lot more than our share and will keep on doing that for another 30-40 years. Also eventually all that property that our parents own backhome will be sold one day, means millions of dollar coming in Canada.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
kilamans said:
hey guys...

I got my CC charged just now, I got the SMS Alert from scotia bank saying "There was an authorization for $1,100 on account xxxx*****xxx**** at CIC CPR - CIC RTC. If unrecognized, call ...."

I had sent the application through Sprinting Local Couriers, was very much worried
1. whether the person really delivered it or not; whether its a fake WB or the stamp;
2. also I did not write the names in native language
3. used old version of the Family Background details form
4. Marriage certificate issued in India was for 13 pages
5. issued two credit card forms;

one in my dad's name which is an Add On, got it when he was here in Supervisa, another form was Scotia in my name, luckily this formula worked, don't know why they did not charge on the CanadianTire Option CC in which my Dad was Authorized user... anyways its done...

Courier Name: Sprinting Local Courier
Time delivered in office: 8.30 or 8.40am on 4th jan
Courier charge: 80cad

this was my second time, in 2015 it got returned due to quota... huf! all stress solved, now wait for Ecase & AOR

one thing, I had mentioned UCI# as my parents have Supervisa and they were here for 3 months last summer, not sure whether this helps in anyways that they have sometype of Canadian visa, where the govt has verified their details...
Congrats!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Rossei said:
This is my 11th year in Canada and my mom is still not a PR, what's so wrong if I want to bring her here to live with me permanently especially when she has a grandchild.
Absolutely nothing is wrong with that. Nobody is saying the PGP program should be cancelled. Just that it needs to be monitored carefully with quotas kept in place on how many PGP PRs are issued each year.

Letting in unlimited PGP applicants at the age where statistically people are retired and use 50% of all Canada's healthcare costs, would be too much of a burden for Canadians in terms of cost and waiting times for medical services, which are already struggling. Stopping the program altogether would be bad due to the compassionate reasons and family reunification PGP brings. There needs to be a reasonable middle ground. Perhaps the current plan of 10K apps (around 20K people) per year is the ideal amount, who knows.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
desi2 said:
Makes perfect sense, I am in similar boat and would like to add that we were not burden on Canadian health care and education sector like Canadian born or raised people.
I wish there are some stats about how much it cost the government to raise a children from birth to high school (probably 100's of thousands). And here we were fully raised with triple the tuition fee in hand for university/college and paying tax from the day we started working.
Lot of non-sense going around in this forum, all I can say is that we are not wrong anywhere in sponsoring our parents and don't feel like that they will depend on your tax money. We already contributed lot more than our share and will keep on doing that for another 30-40 years. Also eventually all that property that our parents own backhome will be sold one day, means millions of dollar coming in Canada.

Also, it is not that people sponsoring their parents to come here can just do it automatically. The main reason why most if not all of us chose Canada is because of this option, to be able to bring our parents here.

Family matters, the government appreciates and understands that that's why PGP was established.

I think it's better for everyone to calm down and stop arguing about this. Applicants who are still waiting to be charged are checking this thread to see some updates and at least look for encouragement not to read opposing opinions about the PGP process.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
planningtogo said:
Also, it is not that people sponsoring their parents to come here can just do it automatically. The main reason why most if not all of us chose Canada is because of this option, to be able to bring our parents here.

Family matters, the government appreciates and understands that that's why PGP was established.

I think it's better for everyone to calm down and stop arguing about this. Applicants who are still waiting to be charged are checking this thread to see some updates and at least look for encouragement not to read opposing opinions about the PGP process.
I agree, please don't divert the main reason of this forum

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
planningtogo said:
I find this a better read than those ones posted above.

Congrats! :)
The reason you read this better; 2 things people like you and rossei are contributing so much of time in sharing details, why not be clear when sharing details and as much as details, so that its clear and answers many questions across the world...

Learn as your read other messages...
All the best to everyone

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
kilamans said:
thank you!
Hello, Congrats!!!!

Could you clarify what you meant Old Family Background Form? is schedule A IMM5669 or Additional Family Information IMM 5406? Thanks a lot..

ShiftyTinCan

Jan 11, 2016
screech339 said:
People like use excuses like yours "I have a grandchild here" to bring their parents over here. So taxpayers have to pay for your parent's health care because you have a child?
one of those, or few of those grandchildren's tax money will be sponsoring your pension, healthcare and even if necessary, your kids' education loan when you retire. consider this as an investment for generations to come. lets look at a bigger picture, happy families will bring more prosperity in this great country.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rob_TO said:
Absolutely nothing is wrong with that. Nobody is saying the PGP program should be cancelled. Just that it needs to be monitored carefully with quotas kept in place on how many PGP PRs are issued each year.

Letting in unlimited PGP applicants at the age where statistically people use 50% of all Canada's healthcare costs, would be too much of a burden for Canadians in terms of cost and waiting times for medical services, which are already struggling. Stopping the program altogether would be bad due to the compassionate reasons and family reunification PGP brings. There needs to be a reasonable middle ground. Perhaps the current plan of 10K apps (around 20K people) per year is the ideal amount, who knows.
20K would be closer to the 24K CIC usually gets under the old PGP program. So as you increase the cap to the usual 24K per year, the cap becomes pointless. The 24K under the old pgp far extends CIC ability to handle it. So increasing the cap only increases the problems that lead to backlog.

I have no problem with the cap increasing so long as it doesnt extend CIC's capability to handle it. If CIC can handle increase of 10K without increasing backlog, then go for it. If it does, then 10K is too much.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Everyone has their own reasons/motivations to want to bring their parents here. Please dont judge others and dont attack other posters. Keep the messages clean.

Skype is not the same as face to face interaction.

My opinion:
Free healthcare makes PGP very attractive. Most parents being sponsored are likely still quite healthy at this point. You might not be thinking of healthcare as your number 1 reason but just imagine your parents here on PR but with no healthcare. You will have to pay around 4k(~2k for each parent) at least every year for private insurance and a lot of people will struggle to afford it. I am sure a lot of us will still do it. I know I will. But it does make it tougher financially especially if you have a couple of growing kids to take care of as well.

And would you even risk keeping them here if no health insurance(even private) is an option?
A couple of years ago I was looking at costs to do "check-up" for my parents privately. It costs $2500+ just to see a doctor and get the report before any treatment/drugs.

I know a bunch of people who immigrated to the US and sponsored their parents after many years. In the end, their parents moved back to home country in their old age since healthcare cost was getting out of hand.

This is why I will be very grateful if I can successfully sponsor my parents and have them stay with me.
This is definitely a privilege.
Most parents, even if they work for a few years, will have negligible income overall compared to the benefit. However hopefully we will earn enough in our lifetime to offset it.

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
desi2 said:
very nicely said. wish you all the best.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Stop arguing, guys.
Blame those fake refugee who contribute nothing to the community. Our parents have sons and daughters here paying taxes to the government. Especial us who are eligible to sponsor, we are paying higher taxes than average Canadians.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
One of the possible options I would like to suggest Liberal to consider is to require a special fee from PGP applicants, for extra $5000 each application so they can increase their operating funds by 50 million dollars dedicated to this stream (at 10,000 applications a year). The extra fund will help keep the backlog manageable in terms of staffing resources. Also that would be looked at as down payment from sponsors to financially commit to look after their parents. The fee can be required retroactively to all files in the inventory if the Liberal government can commit to clear all this backlog by a certain date and run this program seamlessly from now on.

We need to admit $5000 is a small amount compared to the benefits of having parents here and we should be fair to the social welfare system.