+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Rossei said:
Seriously?

I came to Canada to study when I was 19. And I don't have siblings, moreover, my father passed away while I was student.

I paid 3x tuition a Canadian pays at a university
I paid income taxes on my co-op salary from age 20 (even Canadians don't do that)
This is my 11th year in Canada and my mom is still not a PR, what's so wrong if I want to bring her here to live with me permanently especially when she has a grandchild.
You speak for me, thank you. The most important reason I try to bring my single mom here is because my family is all living here as taxpayers, why should I leave her back home alone or give up everything I build up in Canada myself to go back? She's not coming here to line up for hospital services that was never the first nor only intention. She's here, as the government names it, for family reunification just as many thousand other families that want parents to come. Some Canadians think they are doing a huge favor to their fellow Canadians by allowing foreign parents to be here. Quick judgements are not helping.

aks706

Jan 5, 2016
screech339 said:
I completely understand where you are coming from. You don't want your parents to be alone. My parents are living alone as well, but I can't always fly home as it is too expensive. But I made a conscious decision to move away from home for work. If I could find work where my parents live, I would consider it. But it is what it is.

I am only telling people why PGP is so popular without the political correctness BS. I tell it for what it is.

It is no difference from the real reasons why french immersion program is so popular as well.
The one problem that I have with this line of thought is to think one can sum up motivation into one single factor. Not everyone thinks as far in life with what happens when you immigrate to a different country and Rossie's is a good example. The reason why PGP is popular is because it ensures that parents can stay in Canada with their kids and grandkids without a legal timer. Super visa helps but still has a timer. You would probably think that if Super visa didn't have a time limit, then folks applying for PGP would never apply for Super Visa. And that's where you are wrong.

Of course Health care matters, but Canada is not the only country providing free health care. Folks from many such country who migrated here still want their parents to be with them, specially as they are growing old.

But then again you have the right to form your own opinion :D

blurryface236

Jan 4, 2016
Something doesn't add up. Judging my the Spreadsheet CIC is apparently only charging the Credit cards of Local Companies ?

Even tho there are plenty of entries in the Spreadsheet showing UPS delivered around 08:30 ?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
Seriously?

I came to Canada to study when I was 19. And I don't have siblings, moreover, my father passed away while I was student.

I paid 3x tuition a Canadian pays at a university
I paid income taxes on my co-op salary from age 20 (even Canadians don't do that)
This is my 11th year in Canada and my mom is still not a PR, what's so wrong if I want to bring her here to live with me permanently especially when she has a grandchild.
Your sense of entitlement is showing. So what you stayed in Canada for 11 years. There is skype that allow your parents to see their grandchild.

People like use excuses like yours "I have a grandchild here" to bring their parents over here. So taxpayers have to pay for your parent's health care because you have a child? Again avoid real reasons why PGP is popular. It is cheaper on health care for you to fly with your child to let your mom see her grandchild than to have your parent here.

How does my wife feel about our children not seeing their grandparents in another country in person. They get by well using skype everyday. Visiting them may be expensive but at least it is cheaper than taxpayers paying for our grandparents's health care.

aks706

Jan 5, 2016
screech339 said:
Your sense of entitlement is showing. So what you stayed in Canada for 11 years. There is skype that allow your parents to see their grandchild.

People like use excuses like yours "I have a grandchild here" to bring their parents over here. So taxpayers have to pay for your parent's health care because you have a child? Again avoid real reasons why PGP is popular. It is cheaper on health care for you to fly with your child to let your mom see her grandchild than to have your parent here.

How does my wife feel about our children not seeing their grandparents in another country in person. They get by well using skype everyday. Visiting them may be expensive but at least it is cheaper than taxpayers paying for our grandparents's health care.
Its best to avoid judging others motivation!

I know of a person who doesn't want her husband to sponsor his parents since she fears that it would burden her family and may cause stress in her relationships. Skype is her answer too.

So you see it cuts both ways!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
aks706 said:
The one problem that I have with this line of thought is to think one can sum up motivation into one single factor. Not everyone thinks as far in life with what happens when you immigrate to a different country and Rossie's is a good example. The reason why PGP is popular is because it ensures that parents can stay in Canada with their kids and grandkids without a legal timer. Super visa helps but still has a timer. You would probably think that if Super visa didn't have a time limit, then folks applying for PGP would never apply for Super Visa. And that's where you are wrong.

Of course Health care matters, but Canada is not the only country providing free health care. Folks from many such country who migrated here still want their parents to be with them, specially as they are growing old.

But then again you have the right to form your own opinion :D
So what that supervisa has a 2 year window. They can come back for another 2 year after they return. They can stay up to 10 years by coming back and forth. There is no time limit as to when they can re-enter Canada after they leave. They can keep coming back up to 10 years. The only reason supervisa is not so popular is because sponsor have to actually look after the parents health care by private insurance. If every sponsor truly feel that they have an obiligation to look after the parents if health care is not a concern, supervisa is for them.

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
The only reason supervisa is not so popular is because sponsor have to actually look after the parents health care by private insurance.
not the only reason.... they can not work here as well so that they can pay for their own expenses and stuff....

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
ainpfamily said:
not the only reason.... they can not work here as well so that they can pay for their own expenses and stuff....
Do you honestly think that every parents in their senior years will be able to find a job? Statistics don't lie.

It is tough enough as it is for young able-bodied immigrants to find a job here, and you think the senior immigrants will fare better?

randebutler

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
Vancouver Island, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
screech339 said:

Comparing skype to being able to spend the day with grandma making cookies or with grandpa learning to shoot? Apples to oranges.

I am very sorry that you aren't able/willing to bring your parents here to Canada. I hope that if you do want to bring them here, that you do not face as much judgement as others for your decision.

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
If we never asked any Canadians on the streets to look after our aging parents while they are back home or after they get here, I don't know why some would come up with their very own reasons to oppose families to be reunited?

Can we protest to send aging parents living in Canada to somewhere else so that the health care system bears no further burdens on taxpayers?

The PGP program is operated by government. The government distributes tax revenues as they see fit. They also set quota and requirements and these families just follow whatever protocols needed to get the papers approved. What is the big deal here? The government never intend to import unlimited number of aging immigrants to this country. :)

aks706

Jan 5, 2016
screech339 said:
So what that supervisa has a 2 year window. They can come back for another 2 year after they return. They can stay up to 10 years by coming back and forth. There is no time limit as to when they can re-enter Canada after they leave. They can keep coming back up to 10 years. The only reason supervisa is not so popular is because sponsor have to actually look after the parents health care by private insurance. If every sponsor truly feel that they have an obiligation to look after the parents if health care is not a concern, supervisa is for them.
Looks like you are completely out of touch. Super visa is popular and I for one am thankful for this option. What you are completely ignoring (purposefully or not) is the fact that it's not easy to ship in and ship out elderly even if it is once every two years.

May be you should help petition to make Super visa with no time limit and close PGP.

My advise:
Once in a while it's not a bad idea to have faith in public policy that stays across government formed by different parties. There's a reason why conservatives let PGP stay. Go figure!

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
hey guys...

I got my CC charged just now(3.10pm), I got the SMS Alert from scotia bank saying "There was an authorization for $1,100 on account xxxx*****xxx**** at CIC CPR - CIC RTC. If unrecognized, call ...."

I had sent the application through Sprinting Local Couriers, was very much worried
1. whether the person really delivered it or not; whether its a fake WB or the stamp;
2. also I did not write the names in native language
3. used old version of the Family Background details form
4. Marriage certificate issued in India was for 13 pages
5. issued two credit card forms;

one in my dad's name which is an Add On, got it when he was here in Supervisa, another form was Scotia in my name, luckily this formula worked, don't know why they did not charge on the CanadianTire Option CC in which my Dad was Authorized user... anyways its done...

Courier Name: Sprinting Local Courier
Time delivered in office: 8.30 or 8.40am on 4th jan
Courier charge: 80cad
Bank confirmed: charges in Pending status, CIC has 3 business till Monday to finalize on this charge or decline it; based on that it will be posted online... however your credit limit is decreased of the amount charged

this was my second time, in 2015 it got returned due to quota... huf! all stress solved, now wait for Ecase & AOR

one thing, I had mentioned UCI# as my parents have Supervisa and they were here for 3 months last summer, not sure whether this helps in anyways that they have sometype of Canadian visa, where the govt has verified their details...

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
screech339 said:
Do you honestly think that every parents in their senior years will be able to find a job? Statistics don't lie.

It is tough enough as it is for young able-bodied immigrants to find a job here, and you think the senior immigrants will fare better?
Then show us statistics. Show us evidence of how many parents come to Canada that quickly end up in hospital beds without any contribution to Canadian society. Show us the net loss or gain to Canada with concrete evidence from Statistics Canada, if there is any. Everything we say or you say here is all speculations based on biased views without proof, my mate.

oceanslands

Dec 7, 2015
aks706 said:
Its best to avoid judging others motivation!

I know of a person who doesn't want her husband to sponsor his parents since she fears that it would burden her family and may cause stress in her relationships. Skype is her answer too.

So you see it cuts both ways!
Yes, I can totally see that being one of the reasons, actually more or less my wife has the same worry.

It's never about the benefit as there is no benefit, health care wise, back in my home country, we have the same thing, it actually costs less back home as medication will be included vs here medication is most expensive. All in all, my parents supported me for all those years, and I want to be able to take care of them since they can only grow older. Think about it, how sad is it to be away from your children and/or grandchildren, Skype is never the same.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kilamans said:
hey guys...

I got my CC charged just now, I got the SMS Alert from scotia bank saying "There was an authorization for $1,100 on account xxxx*****xxx**** at CIC CPR - CIC RTC. If unrecognized, call ...."

I had sent the application through Sprinting Local Couriers, was very much worried
1. whether the person really delivered it or not; whether its a fake WB or the stamp;
2. also I did not write the names in native language
3. used old version of the Background form
4. Marriage certificate issued in India was for 13 pages
5. issued two credit card forms;

one in my dad's name which is an Add On, got it when he was here in Supervisa, another form was Scotia in my name, luckily this formula worked, don't know why they did not charge on the CanadianTire Option CC in which my Dad was Authorized user... anyways its done...

Courier Name: Sprinting Local Courier
Time delivered in office: 8.30 or 8.40am on 4th jan
Courier charge: 80cad

this was my second time, in 2015 it got returned due to quota... huf! all stress solved, now wait for Ecase & AOR

one thing, I had mentioned UCI# as my parents have Supervisa and they were here for 3 months last summer, not sure whether this helps in anyways that they have sometype of Canadian visa, where the govt has verified their details...
I find this a better read than those ones posted above.

Congrats! :)