Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadian_legend said:
All respectful members, I do have one request, this discussion (thread) is for PGP 2016 applications where people like Rossie and some others have done tons of work to keep us updated.
People like me who were nervous, tense and like to see our beloved, near and dear ones close to us as soon as possible, this is a very critical time for us.
Just a humble request with all due respect to all senior and junior members and all those who are happy or not happy with PGP program, May I request them to please start another thread?
There are many people who are coming to this thread looking for status and info and so many other people coming here just to encourage people like me to be patient ;D. Thank you!!!
Agree. We have our own understanding and conjecture about the process but let us keep in mind that the title of this thread is "Tips for 2016 (future) PGP Applicants"

Peace and good luck to those who are stil waiting to be charged. Stay positive. ;D :) :)

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mirushka said:
Me too. Thank you for your response. I started panicking yesterday seeing so many people being charged. But when I read the whole thread and realized that UPS-senders hadn`t been charged yet, I got my hopes back.
seems much slower today...effect of the newspaper reports ??

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
planningtogo said:
Agree. We have our own understanding and conjecture about the process but let us keep in mind that the title of this thread is "Tips for 2016 (future) PGP Applicants"

Peace and good luck to those who are stil waiting to be charged. Stay positive. ;D :) :)
I agree

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
thecoolguysam said:
True. But thinking on the other hand that our parents/grand parents need us during their old age. They have done their since we were born till we got independent and now it's our time to make sure that we take care of them during their old age. Basically, we are wanting our parents/grand parents to unite here in Canada so that we can take care of them during their old age.

Healthcare, and other tax-funded things are separate concerns.
If healthcare and tax funded things are separate concerns to you, then you should have no issues in flying back to your parents to look after them. You can tell yourself anything you want, whatever help you sleep at night, but you aren't fooling anyone.

We all know that PGP is popular only because the sponsors want their parents on canada health care on other tax payers' dime. My wife would want her parents here too so that they can get health care coverage without worrying about going bankrupt in their country.

How else can you explain the high demand for PGP and the willing to fork over extra dollars to get their applications in first? While the courier are exploiting the cost, they know that sponsors are desperate to get their parents in Canada on health care. It's called supply and demand.

Taking a closer look at the articles and see who are the ones complaining about the cap. Many of them are the ones who's parents are in countries that probably have substandard health care and they want their parents here for obvious reasons.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
screech339 said:
If healthcare and tax funded things are separate concerns to you, then you should have no issues in flying back to your parents to look after them. You can tell yourself anything you want, whatever help you sleep at night.

But we all know that PGP is popular only because the sponsors want their parents on canada health care on other tax payers' dime. My wife would want her parents here too so that they can get health care coverage without worrying about going bankrupt in their country.

How else can you explain the high demand for PGP and the willing to fork over extra dollars to get their applications in first? While the courier are exploiting the cost, they know that sponsors are desperate to get their parents in Canada on health care.

Taking a closer look at the articles and see who are the ones complaining about the cap. Many of them are the ones who's parents are in countries that probably have substandard health care and they want their parents here for obvious reasons.

Other people might have various reasons including healthcare to bring their parents to Canada healthcare etc.

I want my parents here not because of the healthcare but because I want them to stay with me and my family. Its because of their efforts because of which I am here in Canada. If they are getting healthcare here after they immigrate, then it is an added asset which I appreciate a lot but I am not just asking them to come here just exclusively to avail healthcare. Also, in my home country we have affordable health care and my parents earn enough to cover themselves from any future medical problems. I want my parents to be here so that we all can unite and live together as a family.
Also, my father is willing to work here and pay taxes.
Going back to home country and taking care of them is not easy because I have my job, home, my family and everything setup here.
When the person gets old, that person requires physical and emotional support as they can't live independent once they are old. I am just trying to perform my duties as a obedient child.

On a positive note, these are just my emotional words nothing else. I don't want to argue on this please!

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
screech339 said:
If healthcare and tax funded things are separate concerns to you, then you should have no issues in flying back to your parents to look after them. You can tell yourself anything you want, whatever help you sleep at night, but you aren't fooling anyone.

We all know that PGP is popular only because the sponsors want their parents on canada health care on other tax payers' dime. My wife would want her parents here too so that they can get health care coverage without worrying about going bankrupt in their country.

How else can you explain the high demand for PGP and the willing to fork over extra dollars to get their applications in first? While the courier are exploiting the cost, they know that sponsors are desperate to get their parents in Canada on health care. It's called supply and demand.

Oh you try to speak for EVERYONE again :)

jesa

Star Member
Dec 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emceemouli said:
seems much slower today...effect of the newspaper reports ??
Yes its seems....maybe those charged today are so buzzy , they forgot to share. ;D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
We all know that PGP is popular only because the sponsors want their parents on canada health care on other tax payers' dime.
Free lunch in a wonderful thing as long as you don't have to travel 7,000 miles for it...

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
vnexpress said:
Oh you try to speak for EVERYONE again :)
I don't speak for everyone but I tell the truth in why PGP is so popular. If everyone truly feel the way coolguysam feels, then PGP would be not be so popular, if health care isn't a concern. They would fly home to look after their parents or have their siblings look after them.

I can understand coolguysam's wanting to look after the parents if he was an only child. But if looking after his parents' welfare is important, his siblings can look after them for him.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Rossei said:
Free lunch in a wonderful thing as long as you don't have to travel 7,000 miles for it...
Did you freely move 7000 miles to migrate to Canada to find work for yourself and your own family (by family, your spouse and kids only) or did you come to Canada with the intention to get your parents to Canada. These are two different intentions and would again explain why PGP is popular.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Come on, everybody. Donate $5-$10 per person to Rossei for his/her hard working. He has done everything for us for free. Not to say it is even hard to pay somebody to do up a spreadsheet that good.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
screech339 said:
I don't speak for everyone but I tell the truth in why PGP is so popular. If everyone truly feel the way coolguysam feels, then PGP would be not be so popular, if health care isn't a concern. They would fly home to look after their parents or have their siblings look after them.

I can understand coolguysam's wanting to look after the parents if he was an only child. But if looking after his parents' welfare is important, his siblings can look after them for him.
I have a sibling and my sibling is employed and my father is employed too. My sibling is looking after my parent's welfare too but there is an own emotional attachment too with my parents which I can only express myself with them.
I am not saying that my sibling does not have any emotional attachment however, it's person's individual attachment towards his/her parents.

My sibling may immigrate to Canada too in next few years and if I don't sponsor my parents, they would be alone. So basically, I want my family (my family, my parents, my sibling & his family) to all together live together here in Canada and live a better life in Canada.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
screech339 said:
Did you freely move 7000 miles to migrate to Canada to find work for yourself and your own family (by family, your spouse and kids only) or did you come to Canada with the intention to get your parents to Canada. These are two different intentions and would again explain why PGP is popular.
Seriously?

I came to Canada to study when I was 19. And I don't have siblings, moreover, my father passed away while I was student.

I paid 3x tuition a Canadian pays at a university
I paid income taxes on my co-op salary from age 20 (even Canadians don't do that)
This is my 11th year in Canada and my mom is still not a PR, what's so wrong if I want to bring her here to live with me permanently especially when she has a grandchild.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
thecoolguysam said:
I have a sibling and my sibling is employed and my father is employed too. My sibling is looking after my parent's welfare too but there is an own emotional attachment too with my parents which I can only express myself with them.
I am not saying that my sibling does not have any emotional attachment however, it's person's individual attachment towards his/her parents.

My sibling may immigrate to Canada too in next few years and if I don't sponsor my parents, they would be alone. So basically, I want my family (my family, my parents, my sibling & his family) to all together unite here in Canada and live a better life in Canada.
I completely understand where you are coming from. You don't want your parents to be alone. My parents are living alone as well, but I can't always fly home as it is too expensive. But I made a conscious decision to move away from home for work. If I could find work where my parents live, I would consider it. But it is what it is.

I am only telling people why PGP is so popular without the political correctness BS. I tell it for what it is.

It is no difference from the real reasons why french immersion program is so popular as well.

prashr

Mar 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ya61x said:
Come on, everybody. Donate $5-$10 per person to Rossei for his/her hard working. He has done everything for us for free. Not to say it is even hard to pay somebody to do up a spreadsheet that good.
People - there have been more than 2000 posts on this topic and a great number of views (54 thousand and counting). Yet, only 12 people have stepped up to the plate and contributed to Rossei's fund. If we can spend hundreds of dollars on courier fees, I'm sure we can spend a fraction of that amount to appreciate the person who made it so convenient for us to have our questions answered in one place.

Click to contribute --> Rossei's PGP Admin Fund