+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

tulipo4ka

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
Century said:
She also told me there was more than 3000 applications - so it was not possible to specify when an individual package was delivered. She confirmed me it was delivered in between 8AM and 11AM.
UPS had over 3000? Wow... that sucks... screws up everyone after them :((
Let's hope the cap will be doubled as promised...

ainpfamily

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i also used purolator and the delivery time shows 9:43 with the appointment line for 8:58.

assuming that everyone is telling the truth, this is one logical scenario

1. Purolator did went before 9AM ~8.58 or connect with mail room staff at that time.
2. Were told by mail room staff that the wait is 45 minutes now and we can hold your spot in the queue if you want to come back afternoon
3. mail room confirmed to purolator that we will mark packages as received for that time after 45 minutes which comes to 9:43.
4. Purolator cameback again afternoon (like some posts are saying) and delivered the packages.
5. they put the time as 9:43 as it was their hold spot in the queue as confirmed by mail room staff.

it's fair to assumed that purolator delivery people work with CIC mail room staff quite frequently so they will have some kind of relationship where they can be more flexible.

purolator is a decent size company, they can't just lie on the tracking as delivery time as 9:43 when they actually deliver in afternoon unless they have some explanation or trail behind it.

tulipo4ka

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
rupesh said:
Some one need to correct spreadsheet of projection ... Please consider factors like time it takes to stamp one file and putting stamp on another.. based on forum member feedback consider 3 tables.. I highly doubt that formula in place is vaild.. either it should be appropriate or should be removed from file as it will put more stress on applicants..
Agree. the formula there is based on last year experience - with single table, therefore irrelevant to what happened this year.

tulipo4ka

Star Member
Oct 18, 2015
tulipo4ka said:

Also I wonder if all 3K UPS packages went to one table, so the other 2 were accepting from other curriers at the same time, or UPS had more than 1 guy and they occupied all 3 tables at the same time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ainpfamily said:
purolator is a decent size company, they can't just lie on the tracking as delivery time as 9:43 when they actually deliver in afternoon unless they have some explanation or trail behind it.
FYI - I get courier packages all of the time from many different companies (including purolater). You would be surprised how often the time is wrong by hours. Sometimes even the day is wrong (i.e. their records show they delivered a day earlier than they actually did). I've always felt that tracking and delivery times can't be relied upon at all.

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next year, choose local courier who is ALREADY standing in line as top 3. Do not go by this year names.
That spot will go away from 1 week before starting date ie 2nd Jan 2017 unlike this year when it goes away 1 day before.
So one should have ample time to decide who is standing in top 3 line before handing the package

shivash

Feb 17, 2012
tulipo4ka said:
Number of apps don't make sense anymore. According to MMC, there were 3000 before big guys. The first big guy was UPS with reportedly 3000 apps himself. Then Purelator comes with 1500 according to Current Express, which earlier was reported to be 700! If as people say there was no lineup after 10 or maybe 11 (?), 7500+ was delivered in only 2-2.5 hrs. That makes it 2500+ per station, less than 36 seconds for 10 apps. However, MCC said he, being fast, delivered his 197 apps in 20 minutes, 10 per minute. Also note that there should be some time considered for greetings, start of delivering of apps for each courier guy (50-70 of them!!), etc. I have never seen any government process going that fast and efficient and smooth. Number of apps can't be that many IMO. I'll go with the 1200-1800 apps per hour, from 8 to 10:30 and a lower rate for after that.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Good day Guys.

Anybody here knows about the change of format of SCHEDULE A FORM.. They both version 2012-12 but if you open the form on CIC website it is totally different from the form I downloaded 1st week of December. IS THIS A LAST MINUTE CHANGES ON FORMS? Why is it that CIC didn't changes the version number from 2012-12 to 2015-12.. Any thoughts on this? Did you guys used the newer form?

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iluvbaguio said:
Good day Guys.

Anybody here knows about the change of format of SCHEDULE A FORM.. They both version 2012-12 but if you open the form on CIC website it is totally different from the form I downloaded 1st week of December. IS THIS A LAST MINUTE CHANGES ON FORMS? Why is it that CIC didn't changes the version number from 2012-12 to 2015-12.. Any thoughts on this? Did you guys used the newer form?
version used is different is one of cunning ways to reject app as I see in last 2 years. Don't tell me they make any last minute change after 1st week of december.

emceemouli

Aug 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhutti said:
version used is different is one of cunning ways to reject app as I see in last 2 years. Don't tell me they make any last minute change after 1st week of december.
I still see it is 2012 Dec

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
it's fair to assumed that purolator delivery people work with CIC mail room staff quite frequently so they will have some kind of relationship where they can be more flexible.

Absolutely not true. I know this for a fact.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
jhutti said:
If you check Schedule A before (1st week of December 2015) the information is the same but the arrangement of form is totally different. My question is, that why is it that CIC didn't change the Rev number, but changes the format of the form.

I was force to redo schedule A and did some last minute work. Luckily we have a friend that will take our form back here from our native land on time.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
iluvbaguio said:
Good day Guys.

Although it says 2012-12, the form was most probably updated in Nov, 2015.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
emceemouli said:
I still see it is 2012 Dec
Yes. That is my question. Why CIC didn't change the version number if they change the look of the form (Schedule A). Hope the format with same revision number still okay to use.

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Number of apps don't make sense anymore. According to MMC, there were 3000 before big guys. The first big guy was UPS with reportedly 3000 apps himself. Then Purelator comes with 1500 according to Current Express, which earlier was reported to be 700! If as people say there was no lineup after 10 or maybe 11 (?), 7500+ was delivered in only 2-2.5 hrs. That makes it 2500+ per station, less than 36 seconds for 10 apps. However, MCC said he, being fast, delivered his 197 apps in 20 minutes, 10 per minute. Also note that there should be some time considered for greetings, start of delivering of apps for each courier guy (50-70 of them!!), etc. I have never seen any government process going that fast and efficient and smooth. Number of apps can't be that many IMO. I'll go with the 1200-1800 apps per hour, from 8 to 10:30 and a lower rate for after that.

Who was there. you or I?
If its true that there were no line ups after a set time. that only shows there was no reason to be there. or people felt it was useless to be there. but I cant beleive there was no line up till the end but then I can't attest to the fact since I was not there.