+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
TA_Hoss said:
Hi Thanks shinningstar . I meant to say this two following documents i don't need to send to CIC right? I want to make sure I am correct or not.Please let me.

1) Financial Evaluation for Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship
(IMM 5768)
To be completed by you and your co-signer, if applicable

2)
Option C print out or Notice of Assessment(NOA) issued by the Canada Revenue Agency for each of the three most recent taxation years
Note:
If your spouse or common-law partner is a co-signer, provide the same document.
NOA is to support the financial evaluation. since federal has nothing to do with the financial evaluation of Quebec residents, The NOA or Option C is also not required. Atleast that's my understanding and I am not sending it with my application unless someone convinces me otherwise.

I am not gonna go through the hassle of providing unnecessary documentation which is not required.

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shinningstar said:
TA_Hoss and mustu521, It is mentioned in the document checklist "if applicable" (not sure which checklist you guys are referring to) Also in the instruction guide it is mentioned that "Quebec residents do not need to fill this form"
Hi thanks a lot to clarify . yes u r right .In the instruction guide it is mentioned that "Quebec residents do not need to fill this form( IMM5768). i didn't notice it before.

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shinningstar said:
NOA is to support the financial evaluation. since federal has nothing to do with the financial evaluation of Quebec residents, The NOA or Option C is also not required. Atleast that's my understanding and I am not sending it with my application unless someone convinces me otherwise.

I am not gonna go through the hassle of providing unnecessary documentation which is not required.

Yup you are right. As i don't need to send IMM5768 therefore i don't need to send any NOA too.

mustu521

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
09-04-2015
Med's Done....
25-04-2015
Interview........
07-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
TA_Hoss said:
Yup you are right. As i don't need to send IMM5768 therefore i don't need to send any NOA too.
Yes it is mentioned in the guide that you don't need to fill IMM5768 if you are a Quebec resident. My question was that in the document check list too item no. 5 they should have mentioned that Option C printout or NOA is not applicable for Quebec residents to make it very clear :)

I am using the following document checklist from the http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp (it is updated in May-2015)

Ddii

Dec 13, 2015
Has anyone heard of CIC Couriers / Secure Immigration Couriers Ltd. or used them in the past for PGP applications? I am sending docs from Alberta, Calgary and was wondering if CIC Couriers are a good service to use and they guarantee on time delivery?

Thanks and sorry if I have posted my question in the wrong thread.

rg1234

Jan 24, 2014
I have a question on the form IMM5409. Actually, my wife is not a co signer then in that case when I am filling the form, do I need to provide her details and get it signed in front of the Notary or Commissioner of Oath or Commissioner of Taking Affidavit.

Thanks in advance!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
dadaum said:
Hi Rossei,
May I request you to create a Timeline Excel Sheet for 2016 applicants?It seems reading this forum you will be the right person to create this Informative and most analytical TimeLine sheet.Please spare some of your precious time to start this.
As few other requested the same, I will create one (similar to 2015) very soon and share it here. If someone else has already made one or is willing to make one; please let me know by Wednesday.

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Rossei said:
As few other requested the same, I will create one (similar to 2015) very soon and share it here. If someone else has already made one or is willing to make one; please let me know by Wednesday.
Hi Rossei,

I have another question regarding the Financial Evaluation Form, item 13, every other family member not listed above, and dependent on your financially, whether live with you or not:

In this case, should I just list my children, not my parents right? My parents do not dependent on us financially while living in China. But they will be while living with us in Canada. I am confused, should I list my parents under item 13 or not? If I do, there isn't enough space...

Thank you!

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Hi Need your help answering the following questions.

Situation: sponsoring Mother in Law
Wife: was sponsored by me in Sep 2014
Wife: now wants to sponsor her mother and me will be co-signor.

Question. How do we answer the following on IMM5768? please see my answers in red

YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS AND PERSONS INCLUDED IN UNDERTAKINGS IN EFFECT OR NOT YET IN EFFECT SIGNED BY YOU AND, IF APPLICABLE, YOUR CO-SIGNER

2. You (1)
3.A) Current Undertaking
Number of persons included in box # 3 of the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 008), under section Application Details. (1)

B) Previous undertakings

i) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are still in effect. Provide details in question 10 on page 2. (0)

ii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect(persons who have not yet become permanent residents). Provide details on the back of this page. (0)

iii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you co-signed, where these undertakings are still in effect. Provide details on the back of this page. (0)

iv) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you co-signed, where these undertaking are not yet in effect (persons who have not yet become permanent residents). Provide details on the back of this page. (0)

4.Complete this section only if your spouse or common-law partner is co-signing the undertaking.

i) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your spouse or common-law partner signed as a sponsor and that are still in effect. Do not include persons already accounted for in 2. or 3.B(iii). Provide details on the back of this page. (0) or (1)??

ii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your spouse or common-law partner signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect(persons who have not yet become permanent residents). Do not include persons already accounted for in question 3.B(iv). Provide details in question 10 on page 2. (0)

iii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your spouse or common-law partner co-signed, where these undertakings are still in effect. Do not include persons already accounted for in question 3.B(i). Provide details on the back of this page. (0)

iv) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your spouse or common-law partner co-signed, where these undertaking are not yet in effect (persons who have not yet become permanent residents). Do not include persons already accounted for in question 3.B(ii). Provide details on the back of this page. (0)

Please let us know if the above is correct. In particular question 4(i). Thanks

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rg1234 said:
I have a question on the form IMM5409. Actually, my wife is not a co signer then in that case when I am filling the form, do I need to provide her details and get it signed in front of the Notary or Commissioner of Oath or Commissioner of Taking Affidavit.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, i think if you are legally married and if you have your marriage certificate then in any situation (whether your wife is co -sponsor or not) you don’t need to fill up this form.
This form is for the people who live together under common_low_ union but not married.

JL2015

Star Member
Jan 6, 2015
Rossei said:
Thank you Rossei! That's very nice of you!

I am trying to read previous posts regarding fee payment but couldn't find...We are sponsoring my parents. My husband is the co-signer. So do I need to pay $75x2 (number of sponsor), $475 (principle applicant), plus $550 (spouse)...the total would be $1,175? Thank you!

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Hi everyone.
I`m applying from Quebec and just talked to the agent in Quebec.
- quebec residents do not need to proove income for 3 years, only for 1.
- do not need send financial evaluation form
- do not need get Quebec certificate (leave special block empty)

Also I read in the guide that NOA can be viewed online and printed (I remember from previous year it should be original only - NOA or printout).

Hope this helps.

And also have one question (couldnt reach CIC by phone).. If my husband, who is co-signer, dont remember when he became citizen (the date), and in his plastic card is only month and year - what should we do? Apply for the proof of citizenship (6 month waiting), or we can call someone, or just write any day. say 31-st?

Thank you in advance!

oceanslands

Dec 7, 2015
Hi all,

In one year, I received severance pay, which it was included in the NOA line 150, and because of that, I was above the Minimum Necessary Income for that year, when I fill out the IMM5768E, Question 16, do I need to take out from my total income amount and lower the available income because of the severance pay?

Thanks

shinningstar

Star Member
Feb 27, 2009
ElenaRu said:
Hi everyone.
I`m applying from Quebec and just talked to the agent in Quebec.
- quebec residents do not need to proove income for 3 years, only for 1.
- do not need send financial evaluation form
- do not need get Quebec certificate (leave special block empty)

Also I read in the guide that NOA can be viewed online and printed (I remember from previous year it should be original only - NOA or printout).

Hope this helps.

And also have one question (couldnt reach CIC by phone).. If my husband, who is co-signer, dont remember when he became citizen (the date), and in his plastic card is only month and year - what should we do? Apply for the proof of citizenship (6 month waiting), or we can call someone, or just write any day. say 31-st?

Thank you in advance!
Did you try logging into ecas to check? Not sure though that how long the record is available online after the file is finalized.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Rossei said:
. Thank you Rossei for accepting our request.