+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

saimer

Dec 14, 2015
ElenaRu said:
Hi everyone.
I`m applying from Quebec and just talked to the agent in Quebec.
- quebec residents do not need to proove income for 3 years, only for 1.
- do not need send financial evaluation form
- do not need get Quebec certificate (leave special block empty)

Also I read in the guide that NOA can be viewed online and printed (I remember from previous year it should be original only - NOA or printout).

Hope this helps.

And also have one question (couldnt reach CIC by phone).. If my husband, who is co-signer, dont remember when he became citizen (the date), and in his plastic card is only month and year - what should we do? Apply for the proof of citizenship (6 month waiting), or we can call someone, or just write any day. say 31-st?

Thank you in advance!
Hi, I'm applying from Quebec too for my parents. For the date of your husband became citizen, you can find on his citizenship certificate, not his IC card.

saimer

Dec 14, 2015
Hi guys,

I'm glad to find this place while preparing my application for 2016.
I have a few questions and hope someone can help me with:

1. In sponsorship form IMM1344, question 7 asked for my UCI/Client ID. Where can I find this or it's only for PR and not applicable to citizens?

2. In PR application form IMM0008, question 6 c) if no, when did you apply for your CSQ? Since it's the first application, we haven't applied for CSQ and won't until the application is accepted by CIC, should I just leave it blank?

3. In same form IMM0008, question 11 Date and place of your last entry to Canada, it's grayed out. I should just leave it blank, correct?

4. My parents have a national identity document, and they are valid for long term without expiry date, can I leave the field blank too? (again on IMM0008)

5. Schedule A (IMM5669), should personal history and addresses in the past 10 years include travelling outside of the country or just need their permanent address?

6. Additional family info IMM5406, instruction requires to fill Marital Status with Married-physically present (or non physically present), but the space is not enough to fill this in, is it necessary to print out then add 'physically present' with handwriting or Married is enough?

7. Since I'm filing the forms for my parents and they can't communicate in either English or French, should I be appointed as a representative?

Thanks a lot!

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Trying to fill out GENERIC APPLICATION FORM

My father graduated as 'Associate in Agricultural Technology', it's a 2-year course. I am confuse whether I should choose:

A. Trade / Apprenticeship certificate / Diploma - Diploma completed in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics.

OR

B. Non-university certificate / Diploma - Training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician).

Please help.

Thank you!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
planningtogo said:
Hi,

Trying to fill out GENERIC APPLICATION FORM

My father graduated as 'Associate in Agricultural Technology', it's a 2-year course. I am confuse whether I should choose:

A. Trade / Apprenticeship certificate / Diploma - Diploma completed in a specific trade, such as carpentry or auto mechanics.

OR

B. Non-university certificate / Diploma - Training in a profession that requires formal education but not at the university level (for example, dental technician or engineering technician).

Please help.

Thank you!
I would put it under B. An associate degree is a two year course.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
I created a Google SS for 2016 PGP Applicants. This is the first time I shared it publicly so changes may occur as we go. Few things I want you to follow:
1. I would ask you to enter your info once CPC-M receives your application and you have a receive time-stamp.
2. Please, type your username and courier service as I don't have a database for it yet.
3. Please, read instructions on INTRODUCTION sheet first.
4. Stage 1 (Payment Acceptance) and Stage 2 (Sponsorship Eligibility) have been amalgamated into one TIMELINE. After you enter your info on NEW ENTRY, it will be manually entered into TIMELINE sheet (which you can only view).
5. If you have sent multiple PGP applications, please use a numbering for each after your username. For example, if John (username) sent 2 different applications to CPC-M; he would have 2 rows with usernames John #1 and John #2.

Here is the link for 2016 PGP Application Timeline: https://goo.gl/0gD5bR

Dream_20

Nov 30, 2015
Hi
I am sponsoring my parents. Can anyone please guide me that
1) certified check would be payable to "receiver general of canada "?
2) since I am sponsoring father and mother (2 person) so my amount would be 1x75=75, 1x475, 1x550 so total would be 1100?

Thanks in advance

desi2

Star Member
Sep 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Fellow members,

I have a question about parents sponsorship, I was checking the checklist and instruction guide and couldn't find anything related to Police verification or photographs.
So I was wondering if these things are not required (at least for now?), does someone has any information regarding that?
No one is attaching these with there application?
Any thoughts will be helpful.

Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
desi2 said:
Hi Fellow members,

I have a question about parents sponsorship, I was checking the checklist and instruction guide and couldn't find anything related to Police verification or photographs.
So I was wondering if these things are not required (at least for now?), does someone has any information regarding that?
No one is attaching these with there application?
Any thoughts will be helpful.

Thanks
They aren't required now.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
Hello folks,

I have a question regarding the 2016 documents on CIC's website. After filling out and validating the forms, the code at the bottom of the barcodes shows 2014xxxx, even though the form is clearly dated 2015 at the bottom left hand corner. I had filled out the forms in 2014 and 2013 as well, and they showed the correct years below the barcodes respectively. Is anyone else having the same problem? I called CIC a couple of times to find out about this, but gave up after being on hold for half an hour each time.

If the barcodes are incorrect, CIC could end up refusing the application so I need to get this clarified soon!

schahal

Nov 26, 2015
Hi there
What is the age of dependent child is it 19 or 22 to apply under parents sponsorship ??
Will dependent child would still be eligible to apply if 19 has been started but not finished ?
Thank you in advance for help

OrangeCup

Star Member
Feb 13, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dream_20 said:
Hi
I am sponsoring my parents. Can anyone please guide me that
1) certified check would be payable to "receiver general of canada "?
2) since I am sponsoring father and mother (2 person) so my amount would be 1x75=75, 1x475, 1x550 so total would be 1100?

Thanks in advance
1) Yes receiver general FOR Canada to be exact as per instructions
2) Yes

cheers!

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ElenaRu said:
Hi everyone.
I`m applying from Quebec and just talked to the agent in Quebec.
- quebec residents do not need to proove income for 3 years, only for 1.
- do not need send financial evaluation form
- do not need get Quebec certificate (leave special block empty)

Also I read in the guide that NOA can be viewed online and printed (I remember from previous year it should be original only - NOA or printout).

Hope this helps.

And also have one question (couldnt reach CIC by phone).. If my husband, who is co-signer, dont remember when he became citizen (the date), and in his plastic card is only month and year - what should we do? Apply for the proof of citizenship (6 month waiting), or we can call someone, or just write any day. say 31-st?

Thank you in advance!
Hi I am applying from Quebec too. Do I need to send last one year of NOA to CIC?
I think we dont have to at first step. Once CIC accept the sponsorship application then we have to send the financial eveluation form, NOA and undertaking form to Quebec.

please let me know if I have to send any NOA to CIC or not? thanks

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
shinningstar said:
Did you try logging into ecas to check? Not sure though that how long the record is available online after the file is finalized.
He became sitizen more than 10 yars ago, Im not sure there was e-cas))

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
saimer said:
Hi, I'm applying from Quebec too for my parents. For the date of your husband became citizen, you can find on his citizenship certificate, not his IC card.
We are trying to find it.

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
TA_Hoss said:
Hi I am applying from Quebec too. Do I need to send last one year of NOA to CIC?
I think we dont have to at first step. Once CIC accept the sponsorship application then we have to send the financial eveluation form, NOA and undertaking form to Quebec.

please let me know if I have to send any NOA to CIC or not? thanks
Hi. No, the agent told me no NOA is required at this step. Only when you are approved as a sponsor the NOA will be requested.