+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

madraasguy

Jan 2, 2015
Use Applucation No.& UCI No.(make sure UCI is your parent's No. in medical request email), and passport info. then just try family size (4.5.6.....) I linked my file already
Yea I tried all that options and info based on the IMM008 form. I gave up. Let it be on ecas :)

Shravzs

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
yes, got it today from new delhi, but file is in ottawa
Same thing for my mother, as soon as the results were sent in by the doctor on 21 May, 2018, the New Delhi office sent an email asking for additional test for my mother. The file is in Ottawa.

Shravzs

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2016
Doc's Request.
06-07-2016
AOR Received.
25-07-2016
File Transfer...
03-02-2017
Requested for additional medical test to be done for my father...anyone in the same boat?
Got additional request for Mom...file seemed to be in Ottawa but request came from New Delhi

chanpreet09

Oct 1, 2012
Hi All,

Today i.e. 8th Mar 2018 Landing completed inside Canada at Etobicoke Office Toronto booked appointment on 28th Feb 2016 and completed just in one hour. As my previous message they demanded again 2 photographs and RPRF but today none has asked for photograph or RPRF.

Allotted SIN number same time.

Wish for all to complete all applications soon.

My time line is as under:-
application 4 Jan 2016,
SA 22 June 2016
1st med 20 Jan 2017(sent upfront Dt 12-3-2016) 2nd med 15 May 2017
Pre-arrival letter and Decision Made 10 Feb 2018-03-08
PPR 21 Feb 2018, Passport sent 22 Feb 2018,
COPR 23 Feb 2018, Got back Passports 28 Feb 2018,
Booked Landing Inside Canada 28 Feb 2018,
Got mail on 1st Mar My appointment fixed for 8th March 2018 at 2 PM at Etobicoke Office

Completed Landing today i.e. 8th Mar 2018.

Hello,
Can you please guide me, i received PPR today as my parents are here with me in Toronto, i need to send passports to ottawa. My concern is do i need to provide them the return envelope??? And how do i book appointment at etobicoke office to complete landing for my parents?
Please guide me as i see from your posts you did landing process in etobicoke.

Thanks

Bittboy34

Jul 6, 2017
Just to give you guys some clues, here is my finished timeline, as of today, May 22.

Application received:
January 5, 2016, Missisauga, ON

AOR: March 14, 2016

Sponsorship Approved: January 12, 2017

Starting the PR in Warsaw VO: January 27, 2017

Request for Medicals, PPC, RPRF, Schedule A, Workbook legal-translation and photos: August 8, 2017

All requests satisfied: August 29, 2017

Decision Made: April 23, 2018

Request for Passport and new photos: May 2, 2018

Passport sent on:
May 3, 2018

Passport received: May 7, 2018

Ppwk finalized: May 11, 2018

Ppwk shipped back to me: May 17, 2018

COPR received: May 22, 2018

Landing/Flag-poling at Emerson, MB: May 22, 2018

The whole thing took 28 months and 17 days (868 days or 124 weeks). Good luck to all of you, we all deserve it.

Reactions: dadaum

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Got PCC and RPRF request on May 19th. Submitted an application for PCC with Indian consulate... waiting for PCC now.
Hi friday81,

Do they ask for canada PCC as well?
Got PCC and RPRF request on May 19th. Submitted an application for PCC with Indian consulate... waiting for PCC now.
Hi friday81, did CIC request PCC of canada? or just indian PCC only? I am thinking to do RCMP PCC in advance to save the time, is it necessary? Thank you.

friday81

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Hi friday81,

Do they ask for canada PCC as well?

Hi friday81, did CIC request PCC of canada? or just indian PCC only? I am thinking to do RCMP PCC in advance to save the time, is it necessary? Thank you.

Hello,
In my case, they asked for Indian PCC only. I think you need PCC for any country that the applicant(your parents) have lived in for more than 6 months.
If I could do it, I would have got the PCC in advance - just saves some time.

Thanks!

Reactions: tian4738

tian4738

Star Member
Mar 2, 2016
Hello,
In my case, they asked for Indian PCC only. I think you need PCC for any country that the applicant(your parents) have lived in for more than 6 months.
If I could do it, I would have got the PCC in advance - just saves some time.

Thanks!
Thanks! I will do it right away:)

tanvirmk

Star Member
Jan 30, 2005
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 June
AOR Received.
24 Aug 2015
File Transfer...
27 Aug
Med's Done....
April 2015
Need advice, I am in a time crunch!!

CIC asked for FBI clearance for my mom within 90 days. The letter itself says currently it takes 11 to 15 weeks (105 days) to get FBI clearance. Not sure how could I provide something within 90 days that requires 105 days to produce plus all the mailing time/delays.

It's way more complicated! My mom lives in Bangladesh now, has never lived in USA for more than 6 months at a time but holds a valid Green Card (that's the reason they are asking for clearance I believe).

They also asked for landing fee, new passport scanned copy.

Questions:
1) Is there any way I can ask for an extension of that 90 day period? She needs to go to local police office to get fingerprints done, she is out of town now, won't be able to do that before 6th June and it will take time to courier the forms to FBI. Then FBI will take another 77 to 105 days to process, I find this impossible to do within 90 days if the current timeline is correct on FBI site (same timeline CIC provided too, as mentioned). Do I just send an email and explain the situation?

2) Is that okay to explain that she never lived in USA for more than 6 months at a time and request for a waiver of the clearance (she is 65 years old)?

Just saw this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=035&top=4

Has anyone tried?

Last edited:

johanna19782002

Star Member
Jul 27, 2010
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-2015
Hi Jhutti,

Thanks for your answer. However, I think your comment might not be accurate. I found this in the CIC site:

"When to get your exam
Check the application instructions for the program you are applying for to know when to get your exam.

Wait for instructions once you have submitted your application.
We’ll send you instructions on how to get your medical exam done. You must go for your medical exam within 30 days of receiving these instructions.

If you make a refugee claim at a port of entry, a Border Services Officer will tell you to get a medical exam within 30 days.

If you do not follow these instructions, we may refuse your application.

Get your exam before you submit your application
Are you applying to sponsor your spouse, partner or child?
A new application process for the spousal sponsorship program came into effect on December 15, 2016. Spouses, partners or dependent children can no longer do an upfront medical exam. Wait for our instructions before going for your medical exam.

This is called an upfront medical exam. To get an upfront medical exam, contact a panel physician directly.

Once your medical exam is done, the doctor will give you a document confirming that you got a medical exam. Include a copy of that document with your application.

If the doctor works with the eMedical they will give you an upfront medical notification printout.

If the doctor works with a paper system they will give you a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form.

Attach that form to your application before you submit it to the visa office. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application"

According with this information you can submitt medical exams for your parents in advance ( there is a written exemption for Sponsoring spouses/partners and dependents) before receiving the instructions for medicals. This is called an upfront medical exam and the problem with it is that the medical exams expires after 1 year. In my understanding, if I don't get a final answer before Nov 2018, I could be asked to re-do the medical exams again. I have seen some applications in the 2016 spreadsheet that they claimed doing an unfront medical exam, I doubt they sent the medical exam when we all sent the documentation to Ontario in January of 2016, then probably they sent it later , kind of what I am doing right now but using the supervisa exams that are the same one requested for PR . I asked the doctor and she said that should be accepted and encourage me to ask before doing another one, she is working with eMedical that seems easier to track all the medical results for any immigration office.

I haven't received a concrete yes or not after I sent the eMedical receipt to them, only an acknowledgement of reception. I will update this information in the forum to see if this can be of any help to someone.

Thanks in advance,

Johanna

Hi Guys,

As I said before, I am updating the forum with some news regarding a previous question I asked some time ago by here with regards of 4 months old Medical exams done for Super Visa and given these to Mexico LVO when they requested the medical Exams for my Mom's PR. When I asked Mexico LVO on March 23rd, if these exams would be valid, they answered me with an aknowlegement of receipt note, I found this as a not clear answer to my question. On April 26th, my mom's E-cas updated with Medical Received, on last week I received a pre-arrival letter, and on May 22nd e-Cas updated with Decision Made (MD) and I received the passport request letter for my Mom same date.

Long story short, the previous medical done for Suvervisa and presented as upfront Medical exams ( 4 months old) for PR was accepted and the final result is my Mom has been approved for her PR. Yayyyyyy! :)

I noticed that even in the same LVO, requests might change slightly case by case. Take my case on this respect as my experience but I think is well worth to just try and ask because previous exams completed ( with less than a year of having them done) might be accepted, of course depending on the agent is analyzing your case as well.

Good luck to everyone.

Johanna

P.S.: I have noticed the 2016 spreadsheet hasn't been updated since some time ago. Is anyone working as administrator of this document? I found it pretty helpful to understand process timeline.

Last edited:

friday81

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Hi Guys,

As I said before, I am updating the forum with some news regarding a previous question I asked some time ago by here with regards of 4 months old Medical exams done for Super Visa and given these to Mexico LVO when they requested the medical Exams for my Mom's PR. When I asked Mexico LVO on March 23rd, if these exams would be valid, they answered me with an aknowlegement of receipt note, I found this as a not clear answer to my question. On April 26th, my mom's E-cas updated with Medical Received, on last week I received a pre-arrival letter, and on May 22nd e-Cas updated with Decision Made (MD) and I received the passport request letter for my Mom same date.

Long story short, the previous medical done for Suvervisa and presented as upfront Medical exams ( 4 months old) for PR was accepted and the final result is my Mom has been approved for her PR. Yayyyyyy! :)

I noticed that even in the same LVO, requests might change slightly case by case. Take my case on this respect as my experience but I think is well worth to just try and ask because previous exams completed ( with less than a year of having them done) might be accepted, of course depending on the agent is analyzing your case as well.

Good luck to everyone.

Johanna

P.S.: I have noticed the 2016 spreadsheet hasn't been updated since some time ago. Is anyone working as administrator of this document? I found it pretty helpful to understand process timeline.
Congratulations!!!

smoorthy

May 17, 2018
Hello All,
I have been asked to provide updated documents ( Background Declaration form (IMM 5669), completed IMM5562, police certificate, etc) for further processing my parents' PR. The email I received states

"Please send us scanned versions of the requested documents. Please do not submit originals, unless otherwise stated, as documents submitted will not be returned"

However, nowhere in the email they have provided the physical address where the documents should be sent, if required. I am confused as some items they clearly ask for photocopies (police certificate, etc.) whereas in others such as IMM 5669, they haven't.

Could you please how did you handle such requests?

I tried contacting CIC, but could never get to an agent. Also, has anyone tried to get the clarification by responding to the email from which these instructions are sent?

Greatly appreciate your help.

regards,
Nag