N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tranSASK said:
Guys , today I received PPR email , finally , thanks to all of you for the support and helping on queries ....

FILE submission - Jan 4,2016

PPR- November 3, 2016

THANKS ALL ! AND GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE HERE !
Congrats!

Are you in the SS by any other name? If not, I've added you under tranSASK. Please, fill out the missing info under this username.

If you were already registered, let me know as well. I will delete the entry of tranSASK (row# 379). Thanks.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
aandre said:
They are in Russia, when they get the pictures taken, they'll be stamped in russian on the back sides (at the photographers place) do they have to translate these afterwards, if so with certified translator?
Usually, the photographers have an English stamp. If they don't, they can even hand-write in English according to 5445EB. I would suggest to find a studio in Russia who are willing to do that.
In case it's stamped in Russian, I don't know what to do next.

Schedule A, it'll be hard to recall everything in the last 45 years, how is this been approached by you guys?
I said it few times already. For my mom, I tried to match personal history with addresses/education/work so that everything lines up without any conflict. It doesn't have to be bang on. All they want to know that your parents did not visit a country which is a potential threat to Canada, were not involved in any suspicious activity/organization etc.

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
hello :) just a quick question
for those who already received their visa, how long was it valid for? how much time did the parents have before they have to move to Canada?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
kilamans said:
Thank you Rossie for the reply.
one last thing on these photos -
1. in india we dont have the concept of stamping on back of the photo by the photo studio
5445EB says, the back of one (1) photograph must:
- bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
- bear the date the photograph was taken
- the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.

I highly doubt a country of 1.3B people won't have a photo studio that has a stamp :D. Some small-sized studio may not have it, but some will definitely have. But they don't have this practice. So, you have to ask for it. The photographer may also hand-write the info in case he doesn't have a stamp.

2. are you suggesting to send the photos with the passport even if its NOT mentioned in the letter? or only if its mentioned?
It should be mentioned. If not, you can voluntarily send them if not sent before.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sapguru said:
Does CIC tell how to get the change the status from SuperVisa to Landed Immigrant for the applicants current residing in Canada on Supervisa and getting passport stamped from Ottawa? So far I have found people doing flagpoling for various visa situation changes.
When CIC (CPC-O) returns the passport back with PR Visa and CoPR; they also send you a PR Visa Instructions, a 4-page long procedural document.

This is the part from the instructions you may be interested in:

BECOMING A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA

IF YOU ARE RESIDING IN CANADA:
If you are already residing in Canada as a temporary resident, you have 2 options to become a permanent resident:

1. For the convenience of becoming a PR at an IRCC office near your place of residence in Canada, please contact IRCC’s Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment. You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.

If your PR Visa(s) expires in 2 months or less, please tell the Call Centre that you need urgent processing for admission.

2. If you are not able to arrange an appointment to obtain your permanent resident status at a IRCC office near your place of residence in Canada, you may leave Canada and return through a Canadian Port of Entry at an international airport or a Canadian land border Port of Entry to obtain your PR status. When you arrive, you will be interviewed and granted entry into Canada based on the information in PR Visa(s) provided to you by IRCC.

Please, note that you must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada at the Port of Entry to become PR at a Port of Entry.If you require a visa to enter another country before re-entering Canada, obtaining that visa is your responsibility.

If you are travelling by air, please allow sufficient time before any connecting flight or other travel to your final destination because the immigration procedures are done at your first place of arrival in Canada.

If you choose to leave and re-enter Canada at a Port of Entry on Canada’s land border, particularly during peak periods of weekends and holidays, you should expect an extended wait time for service.

IF YOU ARE RESIDING OUTSIDE OF CANADA:
If you are residing outside of Canada, you may enter Canada through a Canadian Port of Entry at an international airport or at a land border to become a permanent resident.

Please, allow sufficient time before any connecting flight or other travel to your final destination as the immigration procedures are done at your initial place of arrival in Canada.

Obtaining any necessary visas required for your travel to Canada is your responsibility.

You will find more info for newcomers to Canada on the following Website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/welcome/index.asp

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I have a question regarding obtaining Police certificate.
My dad has lived in 3 different cities in the same country since he was 18 years old; for 1 year or over at these places.
Does he need to obtain the Police certificate of all 3 cities?
He has not lived in any other country than his country of residence for more than 1 month so we are good on that.

Also, all you guys who re-filled the (IMM-0008) did you all filled the information after 18 years of age or were information for last 10 years was fine with them?

Please advise.

Thank you

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
tweetyishere said:
hello :) just a quick question
for those who already received their visa, how long was it valid for? how much time did the parents have before they have to move to Canada?
In my mother i e dadaum2 case the PR is valid uptoMay20,2017 which is validity of her passport.If passport is of longer duration I guess it should be valid upto one year of medical.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
Rossei said:
When CIC (CPC-O) returns the passport back with PR Visa and CoPR; they also send you a PR Visa Instructions, a 4-page long procedural document.

This is the part from the instructions you may be interested in:

BECOMING A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA

If you are already residing in Canada as a temporary resident, you have 2 options to become a permanent resident:

1. For the convenience of becoming a PR at an IRCC office near your place of residence in Canada, please contact IRCC’s Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100 as soon as possible to arrange an appointment. You cannot call this number if you are outside Canada.

If your PR Visa(s) expires in 2 months or less, please tell the Call Centre that you need urgent processing for admission.

2. If you are not able to arrange an appointment to obtain your permanent resident status at a IRCC office near your place of residence in Canada, you may leave Canada and return through a Canadian Port of Entry at an international airport or a Canadian land border Port of Entry to obtain your PR status. When you arrive, you will be interviewed and granted entry into Canada based on the information in PR Visa(s) provided to you by IRCC.

Please, note that you must leave Canada, enter another country and re-enter Canada at the Port of Entry to become PR at a Port of Entry.If you require a visa to enter another country before re-entering Canada, obtaining that visa is your responsibility.

If you are travelling by air, please allow sufficient time before any connecting flight or other travel to your final destination because the immigration procedures are done at your first place of arrival in Canada.

If you choose to leave and re-enter Canada at a Port of Entry on Canada’s land border, particularly during peak periods of weekends and holidays, you should expect an extended wait time for service.

IF YOU ARE RESIDING OUTSIDE OF CANADA:
If you are residing outside of Canada, you may enter Canada through a Canadian Port of Entry at an international airport or at a land border to become a permanent resident.

Please, allow sufficient time before any connecting flight or other travel to your final destination as the immigration procedures are done at your initial place of arrival in Canada.

Obtaining any necessary visas required for your travel to Canada is your responsibility.

You will find more info for newcomers to Canada on the following Website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/welcome/index.asp
dadaum 2 my mother did not receive such 4 page PR visa instruction booklet from NDVO except Passport and COPR.

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hi everybody,

I'm from the 1st batch of 2016 PGP applicants who did not receive the SA
I requested for GCMS notes and I received it last week. It does not show anything but the date of letters that I have received/sent.
It shows that the "SA met for: 6" but the status is "Not started".

Has anyone got any useful info from the call center?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
In the GCSM notes also about the eligibility it says:
ELIGIBILITY : 1
R10 requirements have been met.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

tweetyishere

Star Member
Jun 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
Doc's Request.
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
10-06-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Request
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
03-11-2016
thank you dadaum :) good luck with your application :) hopefully you will get the Medical, PCC and rprf request soon :)

dadaum said:
In my mother i e dadaum2 case the PR is valid uptoMay20,2017 which is validity of her passport.If passport is of longer duration I guess it should be valid upto one year of medical.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
tranSASK said:
They are traveling back home on novemeber 26th , tickets were already booked so passport submission will be in NDVO .
My parents were traveling back on Nov 21 but I hold them as I want to get their landed status at the earliest. Not sure why though :) I have sent their passport yesterday and hoping to get them back in 2 to 3 weeks. I may have to extend their tickets.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
I had read a similar instructions on CIC website. Based on my understanding for option 1, the wait time for appointment is very high. Can someone share experience if they used the option 1 of booking appointment for status change?

For second option, the option that I have is flagpoling thru US/Canada border but the instructions do not describe this option. It adds a bit of risk/doubt on the process. :-\

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
Roya-FSW said:
In the GCSM notes also about the eligibility it says:
ELIGIBILITY : 1
R10 requirements have been met.

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
You may want to check with folks on different threads related to old applications of PGP on this forum. This is first time we have seen GCSM notes on this thread.