+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

jayzhuo

Dec 8, 2015
ElenaRu said:
Hi. I would say its 6 persons in both applications.
Happy holidays to you too)
Hi ElenaRu,

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean I need to add 2 more persons for the 1st application under 3(B) and does not need to count it again under 4?

2. You (1)
3. A) Current Undertaking (2)
B) Previous undertakings
i) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are still in effect. (0)
ii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect(persons who have not yet become permanent residents). (0)
iii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you co-signed, where these undertakings are still in effect. (0)
iv) Number of persons included in previous undertakings you co-signed, where these undertaking are not yet in effect (persons who have not yet become permanent residents). (2)
4.Complete this section only if your spouse or common-law partner is co-signing the undertaking.
i) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your spouse or common-law partner signed as a sponsor and that are still in effect. Do not include persons already accounted for in 2. or 3.B(iii). (0)
ii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your spouse or common-law partner signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect(persons who have not yet become permanent residents). Do not include persons already accounted for in question 3.B(iv). (0)
iii) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your spouse or common-law partner co-signed, where these undertakings are still in effect. Do not include persons already accounted for in question 3.B(i). (0)
iv) Number of persons included in previous undertakings your spouse or common-law partner co-signed, where these undertaking are not yet in effect (persons who have not yet become permanent residents). Do not include persons already accounted for in question 3.B(ii). (0)
5. your spouse (1)

and basically it is the same as that in the 2nd application?

Thank you!
Jay

rg1234

Jan 24, 2014
Request for quick input.

Actually in my mother passport it does not have last name and in given name it is two letter word.

Some of the form has mandatory last name, what should I do in that case.

Thanks in advance.

Dream_20

Nov 30, 2015
Hi
My question is weird but just for information any one please reply
I heard that CPC send your applications back after they reach to cap of 5000 so my question is do we have to provide them canada post stamp or they will send it by their own expense?
Thanks in advance

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
jayzhuo said:
Hi ElenaRu,

Thanks for your reply. Does that mean I need to add 2 more persons for the 1st application under 3(B) and does not need to count it again under 4?

and basically it is the same as that in the 2nd application?

Thank you!
Jay
yes, both applications have the same 6 persones.

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Dream_20 said:
Hi
My question is weird but just for information any one please reply
I heard that CPC send your applications back after they reach to cap of 5000 so my question is do we have to provide them canada post stamp or they will send it by their own expense?
Thanks in advance
hi. yes, they will post it by their own expense

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
Hi ,

I would really appreciate it if you could help me.
I have been living with my partner for a year now but with a 2-months gap, when I was visiting family in my country. Does the "one-year" condition for common-law restart from when I came back to Canada?
also, has anyone ever sent the sponsorship application later in January and managed to make it for that year's cap? I cannot make it for the January 1st and my work permit expires in mid 2017.
Thank you guys for your help!

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
One more question, if you don't mind.
On the Generic Form (0008), i asks for National ID. Can it be a Candian ID , like a Provincial ID , or should it be from my home country, such as a birth certificate ( in which case I am not sure how to put the expiry date)?

Thanks in advance !

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
lvl_stella said:
Hi ,

I would really appreciate it if you could help me.
I have been living with my partner for a year now but with a 2-months gap, when I was visiting family in my country. Does the "one-year" condition for common-law restart from when I came back to Canada?
also, has anyone ever sent the sponsorship application later in January and managed to make it for that year's cap? I cannot make it for the January 1st and my work permit expires in mid 2017.
Thank you guys for your help!
Yes - the one year restarts from the time you returned to Canada.

The cap applies to parent / grandparent sponsorship applications only. I think you may be confused about this fact. Are you being sponsored by your child / grandchild - or your common law partner.

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
Thank you for your reply. I am being sponsored by my partner, but apparently, I cannot claim it as a common law relationship for now, since I was away for two months.

canpuneet

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2009
Doc's Request.
05-03-2009
AOR Received.
20-02-2009
File Transfer...
05-03-2009
Med's Request
18-03-2010
Med's Done....
05-04-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2010 PP Sent 13-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2010
LANDED..........
01-10-2010
rg1234 said:
Request for quick input.

Actually in my mother passport it does not have last name and in given name it is two letter word.

Some of the form has mandatory last name, what should I do in that case.

Thanks in advance.
This is what I did- In the last name- I typed " Last name not on passport"

NAVEENA

Dec 28, 2015
Hi Jay,

I am in the same situation sponsoring both our parents. We have 2 kids as well, so our number increases.

But is it 2 separate financial evaluation forms with you+ 2 for curent undertaking + spouse = 6 for both ?

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
lvl_stella said:
One more question, if you don't mind.
On the Generic Form (0008), i asks for National ID. Can it be a Candian ID , like a Provincial ID , or should it be from my home country, such as a birth certificate ( in which case I am not sure how to put the expiry date)?

Thanks in advance !
hi.
I believe, national ID is ID of country of your citizenship. If you are a canadian citizn, then you can use number of canadian citizenship certificate as national ID.

MrNobody

Oct 14, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
So are most people going to be using Purolator for delivery? I live in the GTA and could use local courier services, the one I was looking at was VW courier because they have a separate section on PGP sponsorship, but they charge upwards of 100 bucks.

http://www.couriertoronto.com/CPC-Parent-and-Grandparent-Immigration-Registration-Form.html

Has anyone used this service before and are they reliable?

Last year lots of people used Purolator and their applications were delivered on time and accepted according to the 2015 spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18cBR0XqWnHriJx7_oThC3q5YPb1Qzsu9XMfy7vNFXY8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

But only one person reports using VW.

So I'm not sure which one to use. Ideas? ???

yano4ka

Jan 1, 2014
Hi All,
Could you please advise me if I sponsor my mom and my dad, who are divorced , do I have to send to separate applications or I can send to sets of forms with one set f supporting document (option C printouts, birth certificate).

if I have to send 2 separate applications, can I send a copy of option C printouts?

thanks

Jan 25, 2015
hello everyone ,

I have a question about Financial evaluation form.

My wife became PR of Canada in 2011 .I sponsored her to come to Canada after our marriage.Now when i complete the financial evaluation form , will i have to add her name on the previous undertaking OR just add her name on on 5. Your spouse or common-law partner........ line OR both.

If both , then it will change my family size.

Please advise.

Thank you