+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

tranSASK

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Luda345 said:
Even if we filled out the Representative form?
Hello ALL

Very interesting to see CIC is moving fast to process PGP applications . I have received a letter from CIC on FEB 1 2016 that my file has been accepted for 2016 intake . But haven't heard anything after that ? Checking on this forum that some of the applications are in process and got sponsorship approvals . When i check in MYcic account its still showing application received . Should i contact CIC on this ? or wait a little ? Please advise ! Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
2016PGP said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

Step 3 – Change your address online

Use the online service to tell CIC of your change of address.

If you can’t change your address online, you can change it using this Web form. Follow the instructions and include all the details we ask for.

Note: if you have an immigration application in process and a representative on file (paid or unpaid), the mailing address in your file will stay your representative’s address.

For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
I've posted the same thing here before I changed my mom's address to Canada in her E-Cas.

So, I'm my mom's representative. Her mailing address has been Canada from the beginning. Yet, after SA email to me, the LVO is only contacting my mom thru her email. And this has been the case for many in the forum.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
tranSASK said:
Hello ALL

Very interesting to see CIC is moving fast to process PGP applications . I have received a letter from CIC on FEB 1 2016 that my file has been accepted for 2016 intake . But haven't heard anything after that ? Checking on this forum that some of the applications are in process and got sponsorship approvals . When i check in MYcic account its still showing application received . Should i contact CIC on this ? or wait a little ? Please advise ! Thanks
I would say...just wait...as CIC is working on apps...and your app start getting processed soon.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
tranSASK said:
Hello ALL

Very interesting to see CIC is moving fast to process PGP applications . I have received a letter from CIC on FEB 1 2016 that my file has been accepted for 2016 intake . But haven't heard anything after that ? Checking on this forum that some of the applications are in process and got sponsorship approvals . When i check in MYcic account its still showing application received. Should i contact CIC on this ? or wait a little ? Please advise ! Thanks
I didn't know that you can check PGP application with MyCIC account yet. Is the account for yourself or your parents?

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
Rossei said:
I've posted the same thing here before I changed my mom's address to Canada in her E-Cas.

So, I'm my mom's representative. Her mailing address has been Canada from the beginning. Yet, after SA email to me, the LVO is only contacting my mom thru her email. And this has been the case for many in the forum.
Thanks Rossei, my case is I'm my mom's rep on file, when we submit the package to CPC-M, her IMM 0008 form we put her home country address, but the email address is the same with my email. Hope LVO contact her by email rather than post mail at this moment.

I want to be extra certain to change her post mail address online by using "specific enquiry form" for changing address (linked from E-Case). Question for you

There is an option the check "yes" or "no " based on IRCC website : Did you submit the paper application OUTDISE of Canada?"

In my case PGP app was submitted to CPC-M which is IN Canada, then should say "No" but at this stage the file has been forwarded to LVO, which is OUTSIDE Canada, then should say " Yes"

Please help thanks a lot.

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Hello everyone ..... I had almost forgotten about my mom's sponsorship application. Mainly because I was of the opinion that this will take forever and its too soon to start worrying. Really glad to see things are moving fast.

I'm surprised 2016 applicants are already getting SA. Amazing!! Im a 2015 applicant. Haven't heard anything from CIC, but i noticed my ECAS status changed as follows:

Sponsorship Application Status : Application Received
Permanent Residence Application Status : In Process

Doesn't make sense for PR process to move forward without SA.
I have really started to doubt the ECAS system as it was very in accurate during my spousal sponsorship process as well. Anyone any thoughts on the above.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
aj_10 said:
Hello everyone ..... I had almost forgotten about my mom's sponsorship application. Mainly because I was of the opinion that this will take forever and its too soon to start worrying. Really glad to see things are moving fast.

I'm surprised 2016 applicants are already getting SA. Amazing!! Im a 2015 applicant. Haven't heard anything from CIC, but i noticed my ECAS status changed as follows:

I have really started to doubt the ECAS system as it was very in accurate during my spousal sponsorship process as well. Anyone any thoughts on the above.
Hi, what do you see when you click the link "In process"? Phrase "Your application was received..." or something else?

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Luda345 said:
Hi, what do you see when you click the link "In process"? Phrase "Your application was received..." or something else?
Nothing has changed there .... it still says "We received XXXXXX's application for permanent residence on January 5, 2015."

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Rossei said:
1) Medical and PCC are requested first after file is transferred from CPC-M to LVO. LVO may ask for additional docs before or along with this request. Nowadays, RPRF request is also made with medical/pcc.
2) Passport request (PPR) is the last step of PR Processing by LVO once they receive and finalize all the docs previously asked from parents.

Some LVO's, especially New Delhi and Hong Kong are acting faster than others in requesting No.1 (mentioned above). According to the SS from 2014 to 2016, 64 files have been transferred to Ottawa and only 3 got Medical/PCC request (all are from 2014 batch). Out of total 135 transfers so far, only 1 (again 2014 batch) got passport request from Tel Aviv. So, your idea of people getting IME/PCC/PPR requests only after 1 week of LVO transfer is not entirely true. :(

PS: You can view the entire comparison on Statistics sheet of 2015 SS (I didn't include them in either 2014 or 2016 SS).
Thanks Rossei. I read somewhere in this thread that people either got or are expecting a PCC/Medical within a week after the file transfer which seems to be correct but looking at the previous year's file, it takes around 1 year for the file to transfer to LVO

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
aj_10 said:
Nothing has changed there .... it still says "We received XXXXXX's application for permanent residence on January 5, 2015."
I have exactly the same thing. And no emails from CIC.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
aj_10 said:

You were out of the game for "long". :D

To me, the PR status saying "In-process" means that you were already approved as a sponsor (perhaps CIC failed to send correspondence) and your mom's PR file has already been transferred to LVO. Not only that, her PR application went to processing stage. At this stage, your mom should stay alert to receive Medical/PCC request any time via email or regular mail.

3 things that you can do now:
1) Call CIC to get an update on your file. If you find that you were already approved, ask them to re-send the correspondence
2) Check your mom's E-Cas regularly as sometimes her E-Cas won't match with yours (after file transfer, only her E-Cas can get updated)
3) Be prepared for additional doc request

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
aj_10 said:
aj_10, could you please let me know if you have any news from CIC? I will do the same.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
2016PGP said:
Thanks Rossei, my case is I'm my mom's rep on file, when we submit the package to CPC-M, her IMM 0008 form we put her home country address, but the email address is the same with my email. Hope LVO contact her by email rather than post mail at this moment.

I want to be extra certain to change her post mail address online by using "specific enquiry form" for changing address (linked from E-Case). Question for you

There is an option the check "yes" or "no " based on IRCC website : Did you submit the paper application OUTDISE of Canada?"

In my case PGP app was submitted to CPC-M which is IN Canada, then should say "No" but at this stage the file has been forwarded to LVO, which is OUTSIDE Canada, then should say " Yes"

Please help thanks a lot.
They should say "No", otherwise it won't let you change the address online.

This is my brief timeline re: Address Change
1) In the original app, my mom had:
- Current country of residence: Canada
- Current mailing address: Canada
- Residential address: Bangladesh
2) When her E-Cas became active, it reflected same as we wrote. She had both addresses side by side on E-Cas.
3) After a while (early this year), her mailing address disappeared from E-Cas and it showed only her home address.
4) I wasn't sure if I should change it. At last I took your way and used her E-Cas to change the home address to Canada to avoid any regular mail being lost in Bangladesh.
5) Just a few days after I applied to change it, I received SA in my email. And CIC already transferred her PR app to Singapore (based on her home address on file). At least, that's what CIC says.
6) Her address change took almost 2 weeks to come into effect in E-Cas. Now both our E-Cas show same Canadian address.
7) So far we got 3 correspondence (all came in email) from CIC:
- AOR came to my email
- SA came to my email
- PR App AOR (perhaps only done by Singapore) came to my mom's email

aj_10

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Indeed Rossei, I was ... only because i just landed my spouse from peace bridge last week. I'm so tired of filling these CIC forms now .... seems like a never ending quest. But can't complain, Canada is a wonderful country :)

I checked my mom's ecas as well, it says the same "In Process" and no new lines added. I'll take your advise and call CIC for an update. Thanks!!

Luda345 , for sure, will keep everyone posted here.

yeti090

Star Member
Jan 5, 2016
Hi Guys,
Just now, one of my friend working with Media informed me that Canada Post is going on strike from last week of June and it will be for at least couple of weeks. So worried about the delayed in letters from CIC as i have received letter only for application received and no email.
There re many other applicants like me who only received letters, so don't know what to do. I checked my email in sponsorship application many times and its all correct, but still not getting any email communication form CIC.