+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Alissa

Jun 9, 2016
Rossei said:
If you want it processed within Canada (by Ottawa), then you should change the address at once. It takes at least 2 weeks to update in E-Cas. Note that, changing the address won't guarantee that his file won't be transferred to any other LVO.

In my case, my mom is mostly here with me in Canada on Super Visa. I will extend her SV at the end of this year. I was in same boat as you since I was confused too if I should change my mom's address to Canada. At last, I changed it at end of May and got my SA email on Jun 3. Her file was transferred to Singapore and her address was changed few days later in E-Cas. ::)
Thanks Rossei

blatanttruth1

Nov 13, 2014
2016PGP said:
My parents told me "people look things differently" ...and Now I see " The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." So good luck to your parents or grandparents .
Wish they had also taught you some decency. And you are correct I do see now what kind of a tree bore a fruit like you. Good luck to your parents / grandparents as well ! Enough said.

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Rossei.

Rossei said:
In Stage-2 (PR Processing), all correspondence will go to your parents email or mailing/home address irrespective of you being their representative.

Now it's totally up to you if you want to change their address to Canada. Forget about if they actually live in Canada or not. No parents live here permanently if they applied for immigration. Your parents' address not showing up in E-Cas doesn't mean that CIC did not include the address in their file. They have it from your original application.

sevenseconds77

Nov 25, 2015
Hi

I need your inputs please.

My mom has renewed her passport this week, so it is a different passport than what was submitted during the sponsorship application this January. Should I notify CIC of the new passport, If so how.

Thank you

digandhi

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London - LBM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
Nomination.....
18 Jan 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
Med's Request
28 Aug 2015
Med's Done....
04 Sep 2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
29 Sep 2015 and Submitted on 02 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Passport received back 09 Oct 2015
LANDED..........
Landed in Dec 2015
sevenseconds77 said:
Hi

I need your inputs please.

My mom has renewed her passport this week, so it is a different passport than what was submitted during the sponsorship application this January. Should I notify CIC of the new passport, If so how.

Thank you
I think, Its not required now.
I was in same situation when i moved to Canada so it should be same for your mother as well.

As per my knowledge, You will be ask to provide new passport information for your mother during last stage(Medical) your application.

In my case, passport validity was less than an year and my case worker asked me renew & provide the updated details when medical comes

I am assuming your mother's passport is got expired or will be soon so it should be same as my case

However, Wait for any expert's advise !!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I have a question:

I have heard that the medical and passport request is done at the last stage of processing then howcome people are receiving these requests after 1 week after Sponser's approval/file transfer to Ottawa/Visa office?

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If CIC send any acknowledgement letter to parents as well ? OR only sponsor will receive the letter that says your application to sponsor your parents has been received .Thanks

s

canadian_legend

Sep 2, 2015
Hello everyone,
I applied for my parents (PGP) in 2016. My application was received early morning on day one and a few days later CC was charged too.
On Feb 02, 2016 I receive an email and a letter in the mail with Application number: Letter says:
“Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2016. Please note that you will be notified at a later date once your application is fully entered into Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) case processing system.”
To this date I have not received any further email/communication of any sort nor can I check the status using the application number.
Can one of the champions here advise please?
Many Thanks

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this is the normal acceptance letter which acknowledges the acceptance of application and rest of system will continue in stepwise fashion.

I received the similar letter.

S

canadian_legend said:
Hello everyone,
I applied for my parents (PGP) in 2016. My application was received early morning on day one and a few days later CC was charged too.
On Feb 02, 2016 I receive an email and a letter in the mail with Application number: Letter says:
“Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2016. Please note that you will be notified at a later date once your application is fully entered into Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) case processing system.”
To this date I have not received any further email/communication of any sort nor can I check the status using the application number.
Can one of the champions here advise please?
Many Thanks

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
digandhi said:
I think, Its not required now.
I was in same situation when i moved to Canada so it should be same for your mother as well.

As per my knowledge, You will be ask to provide new passport information for your mother during last stage(Medical) your application.

In my case, passport validity was less than an year and my case worker asked me renew & provide the updated details when medical comes

I am assuming your mother's passport is got expired or will be soon so it should be same as my case

However, Wait for any expert's advise !!
I second that.

Renewal of passport is an ordinary thing. As my mom is back in our home country for a couple of weeks, she is renewing her PP as well (her PP is expiring in 7 months). I won't notify CIC this. But if LVO asks for old/new passport copies, one will oblige.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
eurmione said:
hello, can anyone pls help me with this question?

When your file got transferred, does it say on ecase that sponsorship got approved? Or it is still recieved or is it in process?

Thanks.
I don't think E-Cas has this status called "Sponsorship Approved", hence I didn't include it in the SS. Your parent may have new lines added under "Application Received" or "In-Process" status.

Simp said:
If CIC send any acknowledgement letter to parents as well ? OR only sponsor will receive the letter that says your application to sponsor your parents has been received .Thanks
SA correspondence only comes to Sponsor. After SA & file transfer, all other correspondences will go to your parents.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
thecoolguysam said:
I have a question:

I have heard that the medical and passport request is done at the last stage of processing then how come people are receiving these requests after 1 week after Sponser's approval/file transfer to Ottawa/Visa office?
1) Medical and PCC are requested first after file is transferred from CPC-M to LVO. LVO may ask for additional docs before or along with this request. Nowadays, RPRF request is also made with medical/pcc.
2) Passport request (PPR) is the last step of PR Processing by LVO once they receive and finalize all the docs previously asked from parents.

Some LVO's, especially New Delhi and Hong Kong are acting faster than others in requesting No.1 (mentioned above). According to the SS from 2014 to 2016, 64 files have been transferred to Ottawa and only 3 got Medical/PCC request (all are from 2014 batch). Out of total 135 transfers so far, only 1 (again 2014 batch) got passport request from Tel Aviv. So, your idea of people getting IME/PCC/PPR requests only after 1 week of LVO transfer is not entirely true. :(

PS: You can view the entire comparison on Statistics sheet of 2015 SS (I didn't include them in either 2014 or 2016 SS).

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Luda345 said:
Even if we filled out the Representative form?
Yes, apparently.

2016PGP

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
July 7, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 1, 2016
File Transfer...
Jun 15, 2016
Med's Request
July 7, 2016
Med's Done....
July 15, 2016
Luda345 said:
Even if we filled out the Representative form?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

Step 3 – Change your address online

Use the online service to tell CIC of your change of address.

If you can’t change your address online, you can change it using this Web form. Follow the instructions and include all the details we ask for.

Note: if you have an immigration application in process and a representative on file (paid or unpaid), the mailing address in your file will stay your representative’s address.

For more information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).