+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Luda345 said:
Thank you, Pamma97. I am worried because there is a possibility that I've missed the request for PPC and medical forms for my dad. I think that I'll wait till Monday and give CIC a call to make sure I haven't missed any correspondence from them.

And the problem is that I haven't checked the online status for a long time (my bad!!) so I don't know exactly when that "In process" appeared on CIC website :(.

Did you apply in 2016? If yes, i think it is too early to get the PPC and medical forms?

On the other hand, yes, cic might send some other correspondence if required. You may call cic to check the same.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong....

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Did you apply in 2016? If yes, i think it is too early to get the PPC and medical forms?

On the other hand, yes, cic might send some other correspondence if required. You may call cic to check the same.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong....
I'm confused and worried because the E-CAS status shows "In process", not "your application was received". According to google spreadsheet those who have the same status have already received emails with PCC and medical forms. And the last email I got from CIC was on February 1.

ShiftyTinCan

Jan 11, 2016
Luda345 said:
I'm confused and worried because the E-CAS status shows "In process", not "your application was received". According to google spreadsheet those who have the same status have already received emails with PCC and medical forms. And the last email I got from CIC was on February 1.
I guess give it couple more days. My application status just turned to "In Process" but we haven't received any communication regarding PCC or Medical.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
ShiftyTinCan said:
I guess give it couple more days. My application status just turned to "In Process" but we haven't received any communication regarding PCC or Medical.
Have you already received Sponsorship approval? Looks like I am not the only one in this situation :).

ShiftyTinCan

Jan 11, 2016
Luda345 said:
Have you already received Sponsorship approval? Looks like I am not the only one in this situation :).
Yes I got that email on Monday. My LVO is New Delhi. The Status just got changed to In Process today. Looking at 2015 file, it takes anywhere between 3 to 5 business days for LVO to send out the med/PCC request.

I am expecting them to send some sort of communication next week. if your status just got changed to In Process, you should be getting it next week as well.

Luda345

Star Member
Dec 11, 2015
ShiftyTinCan said:
Yes I got that email on Monday. My LVO is New Delhi. The Status just got changed to In Process today. Looking at 2015 file, it takes anywhere between 3 to 5 business days for LVO to send out the med/PCC request.

I am expecting them to send some sort of communication next week. if your status just got changed to In Process, you should be getting it next week as well.
Thank you for the info. No, I don't know when the status changed because I was sure that it would take mininum 2 years of waiting and didn't check the status and didn't read the forum! Checked it yesterday and found "In process" .

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
Luda345 said:
Thank you for the info. No, I don't know when the status changed because I was sure that it would take mininum 2 years of waiting and didn't check the status and didn't read the forum! Checked it yesterday and found "In process" .
Its actually good..."In process" status is better the "Application received"...it means they are actually processing your app now...mine still shows "app received"...as i am in second batch of 5K apps...Purolator 9.43 batch.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I have following questions, if anyone can please answer:

1. So, once sponsorship approval is there, then CIC asks for PCC/Medical etc within one week by mail or email?

2. My parents are from India, will the file transfer to Ottawa or New Delhi? If it stays in Ottawa then will CIC New Delhi will ask for PCC/Medical?

3. So, if the things are happening so fast then howcome the processing is 1.5 years +?

bender

Jun 16, 2016
I received physical mail that my case transferred to Hongkong on June 3rd.

I went to check my status online, it is still "application received".

No medical request is received.

Luda345 said:

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
thecoolguysam said:
I have following questions, if anyone can please answer:

1. So, once sponsorship approval is there, then CIC asks for PCC/Medical etc within one week by mail or email?

2. My parents are from India, will the file transfer to Ottawa or New Delhi? If it stays in Ottawa then will CIC New Delhi will ask for PCC/Medical?

3. So, if the things are happening so fast then howcome the processing is 1.5 years +?
1. I don't think it will be that fast but yeah people here are saying that they are getting these requests in HK LVO so maybe it depends where your file gets transfer.

2. File can be transferred anywhere as per CIC'c global processing system and wherever it gets transfer will ask for supporting documents so if it gets transferred to Ottawa then Ottawa will ask for the paperwork.

3.where did you 1.5 years+? as per cic web site they are working on Nov 4, 2011 but that has been there forever so just ignore that. Every file is different than other and it will all depend on what is your case and who is looking after it. Maybe it will be too fast that it will surprise you or maybe it will be too slow that will make you frustrated but yeah only thing we can do is wait for communication from cic.

mofan

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
bender said:
Does the medical check comes together with the letter that inform you for transferring to HongKong? Or it come as a separate letter/email?

Thanks.
medical came a week later after the transferring email.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Pamma97 said:
1. I don't think it will be that fast but yeah people here are saying that they are getting these requests in HK LVO so maybe it depends where your file gets transfer.

2. File can be transferred anywhere as per CIC'c global processing system and wherever it gets transfer will ask for supporting documents so if it gets transferred to Ottawa then Ottawa will ask for the paperwork.

3.where did you 1.5 years+? as per cic web site they are working on Nov 4, 2011 but that has been there forever so just ignore that. Every file is different than other and it will all depend on what is your case and who is looking after it. Maybe it will be too fast that it will surprise you or maybe it will be too slow that will make you frustrated but yeah only thing we can do is wait for communication from cic.
Thx for the info. I referred to the 2015 spreadsheet to look for the stats.

1.5 + years is just my guess. When the processing takes years to process then howcome the PCC/Medical comes so soon?

I suppose, medicals should be requested when the processing is almost complete(near visa issuance time)

supreetsingh

Mar 17, 2010
New to group please add my timeline. Parents File received jan 4 2016,AOR received May 16 2016 and file transferred to ottawa June 15 2016.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
supreetsingh said:
New to group please add my timeline. Parents File received jan 4 2016,AOR received May 16 2016 and file transferred to ottawa June 15 2016.
congratulations supreet, great news!

I also received may AOR on May 16 so hoping to get an update soon...

Regards,