+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All announcement udpates in blue (on top of the application guide and the forms page) dont have the number 5000,

this bit you are showing is right at the bottom, and Im assuming cic forgot to update that line,

we still do not clearly know if it is 5000 or 10 000

thecoolguysam said:
I am re- posting again:

There is a cap of 5000 as per the instruction guide:

Check this out:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp

Check under "Mailing Instruction":

"A maximum of 5,000 new complete applications for the sponsorship of parents and grandparents will be accepted."

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Indiapnp said:
Hi Rossei and friends,

Indiapnp said:
Quote from: Rossei on December 18, 2015, 01:14:40 pm
I see ElenaRu has already answered most of your questions. I will still answer them since it was mainly directed to me (I feel obliged Roll Eyes)

IMM 5768 :

- Question 15 (page 3) – Employment history of the sponsor
o It has ____ (from) to present –
 What should be my starting year? If I make this Jan, 1st, 2015 to present I won’t have an official Gross Income.
o It says last three taxation year -
 I assume this would be 2012, 2013, 2014

Read my previous post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html;msg4832567#msg4832567
You can leave it blank.
IMM5669 doesn't have those fields. If you're talking about IMM5406, I wrote "Not applicable" in Marital Status column and "Diseased on DATE in CITY, COUNTRY" in Present Address column.
Thank you for the link it is very helpful.

A little follow-up question on that -
during one of the the three assessment years I changed job that is - I moved from employed to self-employed (and was unemployed for 1 month) so I am populating three row. It is clear thus far. However, during this year I withdrew say "$10,000" from my RRSP making my Line 150 '$10,000" more than the sum of the two employment periods during that year.

How do I present this? What would be an acceptable format to CIC??

Also, in the Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406

Under Section C
- its looking for Siblings of my parents

- It has provide space for only 4 sibling but, I have more entries to make

- Should I use a blank page and add to it, using same table format or make a copy of this form and populate other siblings in it???

Lots of thanks!!

Hello All,

Experts please share your opinion on my above follow up questions. Really appreciate your help.!!

Meanwhile, another confusion came up:

For my birth certificate:
can we provide - 10th Grade /secondary passing certificate - it has my DOB and father's name. It is accepted in my home country as DOB certificate as most (or not all) kids born in the 1980s have DOB certificate.

Really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

spdewan

Dec 7, 2013
spdewan said:
I have a question regarding Financial Evaluation IM5768E

My wife is co-signing the application with me

For section 18 I have entered gross income from T4s

For section 19 I have entered income from line 150 of NOA

Now the income entered in section 18 and 19 DONOT match because NOA line 150 has universal Child Tax Benefit included (UCTB)

I have two questions:

1) Gross income for section 18 should come from NOA line 150 OR T4s? If from NOA then how to report Universal Child Tax Benefit
2) In section 19 does UCTB need to be mentioned and deducted, if so, which line is it (b) provincial allowances?
I would appreciate if someone could answer this question. Does UCTB need to be reported?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
MissFrowz said:
Thanks for the advice. I will stick with a local courier because I've had things delayed in the past, especially living on an island where you can't really guarantee when stuff will be shipped due to weather issues. Good luck with your application.
True. Weather plays an important role especially when you live in a Island. I suppose any shipping courier service will ship the stuff by BC Ferries to Vancouver and then it will fly to the destination. I don't think that they will fly from Island to Vancouver and then to the destination. I don't know what do they do when they ship urgent/express couriers(maybe they fly it from Island or still use BC Ferries, who knows!)

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
I am re- posting again:

There is a cap of 5000 as per the instruction guide:

Check this out:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5772ETOC.asp

Check under "Mailing Instruction":

"A maximum of 5,000 new complete applications for the sponsorship of parents and grandparents will be accepted."
Agree. This seems to be the most accurate and latest update on the 2016 cap for PGP.

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Hi All,

I am planning to apply PR for my parents

I did not see it anywhere in the application package but I have a question. Do we need to send the photographs of the applicant(s) along with the PGP application package??

Regards
Sarat

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sarat104 said:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply PR for my parents

I did not see it anywhere in the application package but I have a question. Do we need to send the photographs of the applicant(s) along with the PGP application package??

Regards
Sarat
no, not with the initial application. Follow the instructions as per the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/parents.asp

sarat104

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov, 2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Feb, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
May be June, 2012
Med's Request
December 2, 2013
Med's Done....
April 1, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2014
LANDED..........
July 15, 2014
Thank you

thecoolguysam said:
no, not with the initial application. Follow the instructions as per the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/parents.asp

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I live in Vancouver. I went to the purolator office. They told me to choose 9 am delivery service. They told me to submit the application on 31st December in the morning. They will send the application overnight to Ontario however will be sorted out in Ontario on 4th early morning to be delivered before 9 am on 4th. Their delivery driver would be there 1 - 2 hours in advance before the delivery.

Here is the link for Victoria:
https://www.purolator.com/en/resources-and-support/resources/shipping-centres/british-columbia/victoria.page

You can go ahead and talk to them to see how the process will work for you.

Also, I can't trust local companies in Toronto as I have never heard about them. Also, I don't feel comfortable sending my confidential documents to someone that i don't know. My cousin lives in Brampton and told me that he never heard of such courier services. It's my personal opinion. Please do what you feel comfortable with. I can at least trust big companies like Purolator etc to take care of my confidential documents.
Hey thecoolguysam,

I chatted with one of the Purolator reps yesterday and asked about the info you previously provided. Good thing if the Purolator guy comes 1-2 hours before the office opens but the rep told me that if the guy comes in and see that there's a long line, chances are it will leave and come back at a later time (unsure when) because he has other mails to deliver.

At the end of the day, we can never be sure. We have to take the risk and see what comes out of it. Btw, I live in Vancouver too.

302925mbs

Dec 7, 2015
Hi ,

I have two forms that do not need to be filled, the additional dependents and the common law union. Should we print blank copies and write N/A on the forms and then check them off in the document checklist?

Or do we not attach the forms at all and therefore leave the check-boxes blank on the document checklist?

Thanks

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
302925mbs said:
Hi ,

I have two forms that do not need to be filled, the additional dependents and the common law union. Should we print blank copies and write N/A on the forms and then check them off in the document checklist?

Or do we not attach the forms at all and therefore leave the check-boxes blank on the document checklist?

Thanks
I did not print those forms and just left the boxes unchecked on the checklist.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spdewan said:
I would appreciate if someone could answer this question. Does UCTB need to be reported?
I am helping my sister in filling out the forms. The only figures that I put on the 'Income Sources' table for her is the NOA line 150. I think there's no line there that says about UCTB.

I could be wrong and if someone will correct me that will be appreciated.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
planningtogo said:
I am helping my sister in filling out the forms. The only figures that I put on the 'Income Sources' table for her is the NOA line 150. I think there's no line there that say about UCTB.

If someone will correct me that will be appreciated.

I have similar question on RRSP

Indiapnp said:
Hi Rossei and friends,

Quote from: Indiapnp on December 21, 2015, 12:42:53 pm
Quote from: Rossei on December 18, 2015, 01:14:40 pm
I see ElenaRu has already answered most of your questions. I will still answer them since it was mainly directed to me (I feel obliged Roll Eyes)

IMM 5768 :

- Question 15 (page 3) – Employment history of the sponsor
o It has ____ (from) to present –
 What should be my starting year? If I make this Jan, 1st, 2015 to present I won’t have an official Gross Income.
o It says last three taxation year -
 I assume this would be 2012, 2013, 2014

Read my previous post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html;msg4832567#msg4832567
You can leave it blank.
IMM5669 doesn't have those fields. If you're talking about IMM5406, I wrote "Not applicable" in Marital Status column and "Diseased on DATE in CITY, COUNTRY" in Present Address column.

Thank you for the link it is very helpful.

A little follow-up question on that -
during one of the the three assessment years I changed job that is - I moved from employed to self-employed (and was unemployed for 1 month) so I am populating three row. It is clear thus far. However, during this year I withdrew say "$10,000" from my RRSP making my Line 150 '$10,000" more than the sum of the two employment periods during that year.

How do I present this? What would be an acceptable format to CIC??

Also, in the Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406

Under Section C
- its looking for Siblings of my parents

- It has provided space for only 4 siblings but, I have more entries to make

- Should I use a blank page and add to it, using same table format or make a copy of this form and populate other siblings in it???

Lots of thanks!!

Can someone please help by providing some guidance in response to my query above??

Thank you