+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

vnexpress

Jul 2, 2015
Minister McCallum wouldn't waste any moment of media fame to annouce his plan to bring in 50,000 Syrian refugees in 2016 and as of now Dec 21, CIC still has not annouced if they would accept 5000 or 10000 PGP applications for 2016. That speaks alot about Liberals intentions for family class immigration and how empty their promises were

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
TA_Hoss said:
Hi Rossei ,Thanks a lot for your response and its realy helpfull.

Hi it is written in guide 5772

"•yourself,
◦If you are married and you were physically present at the marriage, indicate “married – physically present” in the marital status box

◦If you are married and you were not physically present at the marriage, indicate “married – not physically present” in the marital status box
"
We didn't have to write these things last year. Anyway, “Married–physically present” fits in 2nd row for spouse. So, you somehow have to squeeze all text in 1st row for principal applicant. How about "Married-Phy. Pr.". CIC will figure it out from 2nd row.

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YULIA-2016 said:
I found in the invitation to citizenship - 8 numbers
Hi Thank you so much , I got it ,its on my landing document too..

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
@ Jacaranda
@ JL2015
@ MissFrowz

I was also reading about metro missisauga courier service and ciccourier. I haven't heard of these courier services before. How can we trust these local courier services?
Does anyone in the forum has any personal experience.

I have checked with purolator. If someone submits their package with them on 31st December (they might be closing early on 31st December, so make sure you go beforehand before the cut-off time and not before closing else you will miss the cut of time.) and do an express envelope + online label + 9 am delivery then it guarantees delivery on 4th January by 9 am. Purolator will not be accepting or delivering packages on
December 25, 26, 28, 2015 and January 1 and 2, 2016.

There is a 40% discount coupon available online as well:
http://www.purolator.com/purolator/campaigns/retail-holiday/index.page?

If you check 2015 spreasheet, it showed that most of the people used Purolator.

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
We didn't have to write these things last year. Anyway, “Married–physically present” fits in 2nd row for spouse. So, you somehow have to squeeze all text in 1st row for principal applicant. How about "Married-Phy. Pr.". CIC will figure it out from 2nd row.
Thanks a lot. will do that.

TA_Hoss

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I just have lot questions to ask . Need help on these please

I’m sponsoring 3 people

-Dad ,who is principal applicant
-Mom dependent
-Bro , who is 12 years of old dependent

I put both of them in IMM0008 Form as dependent of my Dad. Do I need to fill up the Form IMM0008DEP for my brother (12 years of old)?

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah I researched as well on a bunch of local couriers in toronto, finally ive booked with couriertoronto.com (they allow application dropoffs on 29, 30, 31 dec, and even jan 1,2,3) and Ive sent my application to a family contact in toronto, who will hold onto it till 31, and drop it off to these guys. its a chance i have to take, these guys have a picture proof and waybill pic on their site, so decided to use them.

when i spoke to fedex they were very relaxed about it and said if I send on 31, it will get there before noon on 4th, they could not guarantee a time.

last year the cap closed in 1.5 days, who knows it might close within hours and i cannot loose the spot, due to delivery guys delays....i feel bigger couriers have no time delivery guarantee, they are so big they dont care.... whereas the smaller business may make the effort to deliver on time. this is my gamble, lets see how its works out...

thecoolguysam said:
@ Jacaranda
@ JL2015
@ MissFrowz

I was also reading about metro missisauga courier service and ciccourier. I haven't heard of these courier services before. How can we trust these local courier services?
Does anyone in the forum has any personal experience.

I have checked with purolator. If someone submits their package with them on 31st December (they might be closing early on 31st December, so make sure you go beforehand) and do an express envelope + online label + 9 am delivery then it guarantees delivery on 4th January before 9 am. Purolator will not be accepting or delivering packages on
December 25, 26, 28, 2015 and January 1 and 2, 2016.

There is a 40% discount coupon available online as well:
http://www.purolator.com/purolator/campaigns/retail-holiday/index.page?

If you check 2015 spreasheet, it showed that most of the people used Purolator.

hotchocolate

Dec 21, 2015
Hi Rossei and all,

Thank you for the info you provided here however I still need some more info, about IMM5768:
My employment history is a little confusing however I meet minimum necessary income (MNI) for the last three consecutive taxation years (2012, 2013 and 2014). I try to explain it a little bit to see if you or anyone else can help me to fill out the Q15 properly.

2015: I know you said we don’t need to include information of 2015 in Q15-Employment history section but I am currently self-employed since summer 2015, therefore my answer to Q14-Current situation is self-employed. I want to make sure if I DON’T provide any details about this in Q15 it won’t make any issue in my application.

2014: I worked for company A from Jan 1 to Nov 30 and then I started to work for company B on Dec 1 however I wasn’t paid for my work at company B until Jan 2015. I would like to know should I enter zero (0) for my Gross income for this period (that doesn’t look nice). (Since I was paid for this period in Jan 2015, that income will be considered in my 2015 tax return not 2014)

2012: At the beginning of 2012 I was working for company Z. however I moved to company Y for 2 months and then after 6 weeks of unemployment I went back to company Z. therefore my T4 from company Z includes both parts that I worked for them but I don’t know how to divide that gross income for the periods. Any suggestion how to do that?

Also, for most of these years I had a part-time second job that overlap with my primary jobs. How should I include that?

My last question: does anyone know if CIC will ask for proof of income/NOA coming years or they will only rely on the last three consecutive taxation years?

Thank you!

Rossei said:
3 Things that people are asking here over and over without seeing previous replies (has been answered before):

1. Q15 Employment History of Financial Evaluation Form (IMM5768)
We made a big fuss about it last year. In fact, I called CIC few times to clarify. Clearly, the heading says "Income for last 3 taxation years" which means 2012-2014; but the word "Present" in first column confuses you. So, I broke it down to 3 rows, each representing a year which corresponds to my income shown in my NOA line 150. Keep the same format (3 rows) even if you worked with same employer. For 2016 applicants, this should look like this:
For same employer
From To Employer Address Phone Gross Income Family Size
2014-01-01 Present Company A 123 123 2014 NOA Line 150 5
2013-01-01 2013-12-31 Company A 123 123 2013 NOA Line 150 5
2012-01-01 2012-12-31 Company A 123 123 2012 NOA Line 150 5

For multiple employers
From To Employer Address Phone Gross Income Family Size
2014-01-01 Present Company A 123 123 2014 NOA Line 150 5
2013-07-01 2013-12-31 Company A 123 123 2013 T4 (Company A) 5
2013-01-01 2013-06-30 Company B 456 456 2013 T4 (Company B) 5
2012-01-01 2012-12-31 Company B 456 456 2012 NOA Line 150 5
* Make sure both T4's add up to the total income stated for your 2013 NOA

2. Q15 Family Size of Financial Evaluation Form (IMM5768)
The full family meaning Sponsor's family + Parents + Dep. For above example, it's 5 (husband+wife+1 kid+father+mother). Even if you were single in 2012, got married in 2013 and had a kid in 2014; you shouldn't bother writing different numbers in family size.

3. What courier service should you use?
Well, I answered it in my original post. No one can absolutely guarantee one specific courier company that you can reply on. CanadaPost has proved to be the most inefficient last year. Local express service in GTA did well in 2015. But I assume more people this year will be interested in using them. Out of UPS, Purolator and Fedex, the latter seems better to me. But this subject can still be discussed among you.

planningtogo

Aug 1, 2011
Bacolod, Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jacaranda said:
yeah I researched as well on a bunch of local couriers in toronto, finally ive booked with couriertoronto.com (they allow application dropoffs on 29, 30, 31 dec, and even jan 1,2,3) and Ive sent my application to a family contact in toronto, who will hold onto it till 31, and drop it off to these guys. its a chance i have to take, these guys have a picture proof and waybill pic on their site, so decided to use them.

when i spoke to fedex they were very relaxed about it and said if I send on 31, it will get there before noon on 4th, they could not guarantee a time.

last year the cap closed in 1.5 days, who knows it might close within hours and i cannot loose the spot, due to delivery guys delays....i feel bigger couriers have no time delivery guarantee, they are so big they dont care.... whereas the smaller business may make the effort to deliver on time. this is my gamble, lets see how its works out...
I was thinking of using Missisauga courier but checking couriertoronto made me think twice (because of the pic/proof of delivery). May I know how much did you pay for the service?

thanks

Jacaranda

Mar 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sure PM'ed you
planningtogo said:
I was thinking of using Missisauga courier but checking couriertoronto made me think twice (because of the pic/proof of delivery). May I know how much did you pay for the service?

thanks

lvl_stella

Dec 21, 2015
Hi,

I am applying for PR through Common- law sponsorship. I live in Saskatchewan and I have a post-grad work permit, which is valid until September 2017. I started gathering documents last week. I read in the previous posts that I should be bale to send the application January 1st, in order to be in the 5,000 cap.
1- Do you think I can make it for Jan 1st?
2- Would a lawyer help ?
3- what happens if I cannot make it until the last week of January?

Thank you very much.

Indiapnp

Star Member
Nov 4, 2012
Indiapnp said:
Hi Rossei and friends,

I see ElenaRu has already answered most of your questions. I will still answer them since it was mainly directed to me (I feel obliged Roll Eyes)

Indiapnp said:
IMM 5768 :

- Question 15 (page 3) – Employment history of the sponsor
o It has ____ (from) to present –
 What should be my starting year? If I make this Jan, 1st, 2015 to present I won’t have an official Gross Income.
o It says last three taxation year -
 I assume this would be 2012, 2013, 2014

Read my previous post: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html;msg4832567#msg4832567
You can leave it blank.
IMM5669 doesn't have those fields. If you're talking about IMM5406, I wrote "Not applicable" in Marital Status column and "Diseased on DATE in CITY, COUNTRY" in Present Address column.
Thank you for the link it is very helpful.

A little follow-up question on that -
during one of the the three assessment years I changed job that is - I moved from employed to self-employed (and was unemployed for 1 month) so I am populating three row. It is clear thus far. However, during this year I withdrew say "$10,000" from my RRSP making my Line 150 '$10,000" more than the sum of the two employment periods during that year.

How do I present this? What would be an acceptable format to CIC??

Also, in the Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406

Under Section C
- its looking for Siblings of my parents

- It has provide space for only 4 sibling but, I have more entries to make

- Should I use a blank page and add to it, using same table format or make a copy of this form and populate other siblings in it???

Lots of thanks!!

Hi Rossei and All,

Thank you for all your help.

Please provide your responses to my above questions.

Thank you again.

Cheers

Naqvee

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, just to double check,

sponsors from Quebec don't need to attach 3 years of NOA (Notice of Assessment, taxpapers) ??

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vnexpress said:
Minister McCallum wouldn't waste any moment of media fame to annouce his plan to bring in 50,000 Syrian refugees in 2016 and as of now Dec 21, CIC still has not annouced if they would accept 5000 or 10000 PGP applications for 2016. That speaks alot about Liberals intentions for family class immigration and how empty their promises were
Even I am surprised of no word on cap limit. I thought they will say 10000. 5000 spots will go up in smoke on very first day. At rate of 10 seconds to receive and sign. 1 hour= 600 applications starting from 8 am. By 5 in the evening 5800 apps will be received. I hope they will increase cap to 10000

bono1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 06, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar. 06, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar. 13, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 12, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun. 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Jul. 02, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept. 11, 2014
Jacaranda said:

Thanks for the courier recommendation...