+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

DBN

Jan 11, 2013
Rossei said:
After CIC paused Parents & Grandparents Sponsorship Program (PGP) back in Nov, 2011 for 24 months in order to eliminate backlogs, it re-opened the program with 5,000 cap (FCFS/FIFO method) on the number of applications in 2014. Soon it turned out to be a big challenge to make it to 5,000 cap.

Being one of the 2015 PGP applicants, I've seen the stressful period that members of this forum went through. So, here I am to give you some tips for upcoming PGP application hurdle:

1. Use Updated Forms:
- CIC tends to update various PGP application forms every year. For 2014 PGP program, it updated form(s) at the eleventh hour; but for 2015, the latest form was dated November, 2014. So, get informed about the updates and only submit the latest forms from CIC website.

- Make sure you fill all the required forms correctly. Signature fields are very important not to leave empty. It's always a dilemma for those whose parents/grandparents live in home country and you need to have their signature on updated forms before CIC re-opens PGP. Well, you have to take chances here and sort it out yourself.

- All forms (for both 'sponsorship' and 'permanent residence') need to be submitted at the same time unless CIC changes the rules.

- Remember: You are the 'sponsor'and your one of the parents is the 'principal applicant'.

- It's convenient to choose the family size to be same for each year you have to enter in the forms.
(Family Size = Your family + Your Parent(s) + Accompanying Dependents)

2. Start Gathering Supporting Documents:
- If you haven't done so, start gathering all your supporting docs now for 2016. Follow Instruction Guide IMM5772 and Checklist IMM5771.

- The most important document that you (and co-signer if applicable) require to submit is your NOA or Option C for the last 3 taxation years. Since the checklist doesn't say if they have to be original, it's convenient to order Option C by calling CRA. Usually, it takes 2 weeks to deliver. DO NOT try to suffice this requirement by submitting online printouts or any other income proof (T4 or Pay Stubs).

3. Choose Your Courier Wisely:
- This is perhaps the biggest challenge just to send the application in time. In 2014, it took 19 days to fill out the 5000 cap whereas it took only 1 and half day in 2015. So, you can imagine what can happen in 2016. I can bet that only the applicants left out from 2014 & 2015 can fill out 2016 quota themselves.

- In order to deliver your application package on the very first day (preferably by noon) CIC re-opens PGP; you have to choose your courier wisely. Since PGP applications are to be sent to CPC-Mississauga, applicants living in GTA have advantage over the rest of the people. Many large courier services (like UPS, Purolator) couldn't deliver on time as promised in 2015. CanadaPost posted wrong time stamp of delivery. The local express services available in GTA proved to be the most efficient in 2015.

- CIC initially checks for the following things. If any of them is missing, it will not count among 5000 even in case of yours reaching CPC-M on time.
  • All forms are in the application package
  • Latest forms have been used
  • No blanks (especially in signature field)
  • NOA/Option C provided for last 3 taxation years
  • Correct method of payment used

4. Use Correct Method of Payment:
- Incorrect amount or method of payment will result in rejection. Follow Instruction Guide IMM5772.

- If you make it to 5000 cap; CIC will withdraw/encash your payment within 1~4 weeks. This is the unofficial sign of initial acceptance. If you used your credit card info on Payment Form IMM5770, you will see the withdrawal within minutes/hours on your online bank statement.

- In 2014, CIC sent the official AOR in 6 months while in 2015, we received email AOR within 3 months. Some were able to see their E-Cas activated with 'Received' status within 1.5 months.

I hope this info helps you get inside 5,000 cap. Feel free to look at our 2015 timeline spreadsheet (link given in my signature). :)

Hello everyone

Please help me for my concern. CIC requested 3 years of income which have to meet the minimum requirements on table 3 show on CIC websites . For 2013 I did not match the number. From 2014 and 2015 I made to and over the income require. Should I apply next year even the 2013 was not met the income inquire. Or should I wait until I fully meet the income inquirie which is show on table 3 on CIC website ?

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
DBN said:
Hello everyone

Please help me for my concern. CIC requested 3 years of income which have to meet the minimum requirements on table 3 show on CIC websites . For 2013 I did not match the number. From 2014 and 2015 I made to and over the income require. Should I apply next year even the 2013 was not met the income inquire. Or should I wait until I fully meet the income inquirie which is show on table 3 on CIC website ?
You should wait until you meet the table for 3 years, not even 1 dollar less.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
jstagurl said:
Hi folks. Just updating everyone that my application reached terribly late on Jan 4th (Reached at 2:00 PM. I sent it on Jan 4th at 11:00 AM through a local courier) and my CC was charged on March 17th.:D Considering that I'm one of the last people on the spreadsheet for the 4th, Jan 5th should start seeing charges any day now.

Good luck to you all!
Congratulations!

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
kkim604 said:
what hurts more is that I didn't have to send use of representative form
it can be submitted or changed after acceptance...
since representative is optional, couldn't they just say you don't get to use representative since you didn't complete the form, but will processed with application?
sigh...
i hear you, but they do say in Call Centre if we had any query on that form that its optional and can be submitted in later stage.
any how, all the best for next year, as you know the process well, have them all ready again, and you will be one of the gurus/experts for others.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
thecoolguysam said:
This is what i think/suppose:

For 4th January same day delivery, regardless of the origin of the application were delivered through local courier and applications delivered on 31st December(next day 9 am service) regardless of the origin were delivered by purolator
just wanted to add to your comment on the local courier same day courier service, i gave my package to local courier on 29th December for 80 CAD for delivery, insisted that he has to "deliver it only on Monday 4th January after 8am, not before that", god bless him, he said that he was there at 6am and it was received around 8.25am, yes my CC is charged and got the AOR on 1st Feb.

this is just an FYI to everyone

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
DBN said:
Hello everyone

FYI, my 2014 NOA did not meet, it should be 47050 as per the table, what i had was 45500, was very much worried, Rossie, suggested that i can do a reassessment, fortunately, i got the reassessed NOA before christmas and was able to submit, got AOR too.

See whether you do the reassessment for 2013 now, but be careful, this might cause a flag on your profile, speak to an accountant, be honest and tell why you want to do a reassess and then take a decision.
all the best

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
kkim604 said:
Purolator 9.45 batch here.
Today, I got my app returned to me....
it's unreal but apparently, I missed ONE signature on using representative form.
We signed on Section B stating provided info is true.
Section C was about cancelling representative, so it doesn't apply to us.
Section D was where we didn't sign. this section asking same thing as Section B, provided info to true.
I must've thought this was different section like section C, since we already signed that info to be true in section B.
I've checked and checked so many time, but still managed to miss it.
One missing signature should not have been an issue. CIC can ask the applicant to sign again. Whats the big deal on it for CIC? Its a big deal for the applicant for another year of wait and uncertainty. CIC just wants to screw people.

dchoudh

Oct 9, 2015
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08 Mar 2013
AOR Received.
19 Apr 2013
IELTS Request
25 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
19 Apr 2013
Med's Request
08 Dec 2013
Med's Done....
13 Dec 2013
Passport Req..
17 Jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2014
LANDED..........
02 Feb 2014
sapguru said:
One missing signature should not have been an issue. CIC can ask the applicant to sign again. Whats the big deal on it for CIC? Its a big deal for the applicant for another year of wait and uncertainty. CIC just wants to screw people.
I am sorry for kkim604 that is app was returned...But sapguru...Not really...there are other applications after this too whose app are complete with all signatures on it...if CIC starts accepting apps without all signature etc...then they will have to follow up with all incomplete apps and only first 10K would be taken (complete or incompelte)...and that will delay all applications...rule is a rule...and CIC is following that...I do not see any issues with it...we just need to be bit more careful while submitting...thats all...just my openion...