+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jaybath said:
mr soonihope, my so called RBC stupid royal bank of Canada made me do it claiming no difference

since I don't see any reference to anny app refused because of payment by bank draft I am really anxious
Ring the cic help desk they may be able to reassure you. They are open till 4pm.

I hope everything works out for you and can understand you being anxious.

Wish you good luck with your application

jaybath

Jan 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
owesome ya61x now we are talking,,thanks for clarifying
I am a bit calm now,,but remember if my app got refused because of bank draft issue,,ya61x is getting sued

his rep is at stake,,,,LOL

Blue sky9

Jan 6, 2016
ya61x said:
Based on all the lies you were telling on this post and you're only registered on Jan 6, 2016. I can safely assume you're a person full of BS.
Looks like someone is hurt..... :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
jaybath said:
Dear Scylla, ur senior member,,but its not true,,,, this bank draft rule is in effect since 2014

quoted
APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED USING NEW FORMS.

The New Parent and Grandparent program re-opens on January 2, 2014. There are new forms that must be used. At the time of writing the new forms are not available on the CIC website. According to a Notice Posted on the new CIC Website the new forms are to be made available on December 31, 2013. No new applications will be accepted for processing before the program re-opens on January 2, 2014. Fee payment to the Receiver General for Canada will be accepted by credit card or certified cheque only.

http://www.thecanadiancharger.com/page.php?id=5&a=1666
Ah - my mistake. I thought it was new.

Gsingh88

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
float said:
Jan 08, 2016 CIC CPR - CIC RTC MISSISSAUGA ON 550.00

My app is finally in the CAP now if I am not mistaken. Share a few tips to ease the tension, since I went through this for more than 13 months today.

1. CIC are humans. They don't reject on small errors. Yes, my app has errors like not 9 mon valid credit card. Missing native language in one box in one form, Schedula A uses old form. I believe CIC is hunting for big mistakes, not tiny ones. Mine is not perfect, but they still kindly accept it. Maybe they will reject down the road. I wish a smooth sailing from now on.

2. CC charge will not directly invoke text message to the cell phone. I have to actually look into my card web page to find it.

3. HR is my courier. Kudos to them. Without them, I don't think I can make it. I wish anyone else in this forum good luck. With the cap raised to 10000, you chance is much higher than last year.

4. Last year I missed 5000 CAP for 3 days and got rejected. Definitely using CanadaPost snail mail is totally wrong to start, not even to mention using register mail instead of express. This forum is the life saver. Many thanks to Rossi!
Thanks a lot for update.. Little sign of releif for me :)

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
MMCS said:
Blue sky I know no one on this forum. and ya61x said he talked to me at CPC and I still don't know who he is. You really got me scratching my head ya61x :) who were you. If I did know him I wouldn't have referred to to him/her in my earlier posts until he put me straight. If we all were trying to farm business here, then others would be here alongside.They aren't. I've already mentioned why I was on here. I am sorry, I couldn't leave that on unanswered. No matter how much I tried.

The only reason I say listen to ya61x because everything he said is what I saw myself actually he's more informed than me because he spoke to more people and by his post investigated the scene more thoroughly. I just delivered and went home to sleep. People aren't going to deal with me or anyone because we come on here they are going to deal with us. I give people more credit, intelligence and savvy than that to need a warning from you, me or anyone. We really don't know if they will even have it this year they might just roll it over with what they have, governments change policy in a whim.

Ya61x only responds to my posts is to make sure he keeps the information in check for your benefit as a member. if I am right he has no other option to agree and accept it. I am quite sure if I was b.s ing he'd be the first one to cut me off at the knees.

No collusion here sorry to disappoint
I don't know if I talked to you or one of your partners. I was the one waved goodbye to you when you guys left the building...
You may not notice me until I started talking to you, but I was beside you guys for a while so I caught most of your conversions, lol.

Our conversions was like:
Me: How many packages you got delivered?
You: 150.
Me: 115?
You: 150!
Me: Wow, that's a lot.
You: How about you.
Me: I am not a courier. I am here for fun...

Actually, I was there for two reasons:
1. My package was with 3Xpress so I wanted to see how it went.
2. I have a friend from CBC who could not make to there on Jan 4. So she wanted me to take some pictures and gather some information for her. That's also why I was running all over the places and talking to lot of people there, lol.

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
jaybath said:
owesome ya61x now we are talking,,thanks for clarifying
I am a bit calm now,,but remember if my app got refused because of bank draft issue,,ya61x is getting sued

his rep is at stake,,,,LOL
Crap, if you app got refused. Same here. I used RBC bank draft as well knowing CIC asked for certified cheque.

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
ya61x said:
I don't know if I talked to you or one of your partners. I was the one waved goodbye to you when you guys left the building...
You may not notice me until I started talking to you, but I was beside you guys for a while so I caught most of your conversions, lol.

2. I have a friend from CBC who could not make to there on Jan 4. So she wanted me to take some pictures and gather some information for her. That's also why I was running all over the places and talking to lot of people there, lol.
Can you post some pictures here so that we can also see how was it like...
MMC said he delivered 197 if I'm not wrong lol

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Rossei said:
10,000 cap will change all the math...

In 2015, we had 247 entries into the spreadsheet which represented 7,000 apps.
in 2016, we have 163 so far (which will increase slowly) which may represent 14,000 apps.

:weird:
I missed the 5000 cap last year, but based on my limited statistical analysis and intuition backed by industrial engineering >operations research > queing theory (no bragging), I am very reasonable with my predictions.

For example, when I said, if it takes one person (queue server) an avg of 10 seconds (considering fatigue, breaks, etc) to accept application package from (provide service to) courier guy and did the following math

5 (servers) x 8 (hours) x 60 (minutes) x 60 (seconds) / 10 (seconds) = 14,400 applications

I was pretty close. CIC confirmed in their news flash that they have received 14,000+ applications.

I want the readers of this forum to be realistic !!!

Again, I wish best of luck to all. If CIC starts hiring, I am surely going to apply as a job applicant, and hope to fix their processes (now I am bragging)

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
ya61x said:

You don't need to go to that detail.. Hmmmm

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
tjd said:
I missed the 5000 cap last year, but based on my limited statistical analysis and intuition backed by industrial engineering >operations research > queing theory (no bragging), I am very reasonable with my predictions.

For example, when I said, if it takes one person (queue server) an avg of 10 seconds (considering fatigue, breaks, etc) to accept application package from (provide service to) courier guy and did the following math

5 (servers) x 8 (hours) x 60 (minutes) x 60 (seconds) / 10 (seconds) = 14,400 applications

I was pretty close. CIC confirmed in their news flash that they have received 14,000+ applications.

Again, I wish best of luck to all. If CIC starts hiring, I am surely going to apply as a job applicant, and hope to fix their processes (now I am bragging)
There were only 3 servers not 5..also it is not possible bcoz all day 8 hour shift they were not accepting application...after noon time they were not that busy...also 14000 reached in 4 days not on the first day...so I don't think its logical

tjd

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
Pamma97 said:
There were only 3 servers not 5..also it is not possible bcoz all day 8 hour shift they were not accepting application...after noon time they were not that busy...also 14000 reached in 4 days not on the first day...so I don't think its logical
10 seconds service time is assumed to be average and normalized.
This is surely what one can achieve in a 8 hr day, provided they have a good material handling and racking (if not conveyors) inside their office.
Perhaps my calculations were a mere coincidence.
Good luck!

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Anyone, who used MM got their CC charged yet?

Canadian Legend.

Just give it some time. I told clients the range of applications they were in. If you want the copy of the stamp please email me with the tracking number in the subject line and I will send it to you now and if you want to know what time I was there you can ask Ken at happy/3xpress or Lenox at VW. We had plenty of time to talk and get familiar with one another. They know who I am. Actually the numner should include all of us with in an approximation.

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
tjd said:

In a perfect world, your assumptions would be true.. but remember that CIC are humans as well they do have breaks, etc. so you cannot use 8 hours.