+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Blue sky9 said:
[size=10pt]ya61x[/size]

Are you somehow related to Metro or happy road...looks like you are referring to these names them in every post... :) ...AND you have replied to almost every post CHRIS has made.... is this just by chance or both accounts belong to same person... :)

Readers please take caution when you see posts with courier company names, I am not saying they are all lies but there is conflict of interest here... lot of money is at stake because people will look at these posts when they pick courier company in January 2017....
Let MMCS answer this. ;D

jaybath

Jan 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Scylla, ur senior member,,but its not true,,,, this bank draft rule is in effect since 2014

quoted
APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED USING NEW FORMS.

The New Parent and Grandparent program re-opens on January 2, 2014. There are new forms that must be used. At the time of writing the new forms are not available on the CIC website. According to a Notice Posted on the new CIC Website the new forms are to be made available on December 31, 2013. No new applications will be accepted for processing before the program re-opens on January 2, 2014. Fee payment to the Receiver General for Canada will be accepted by credit card or certified cheque only.

http://www.thecanadiancharger.com/page.php?id=5&a=1666

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Blue sky9 said:
[size=10pt]ya61x[/size]

Are you somehow related to Metro or happy road...looks like you are referring to these names them in every post... :) ...AND you have replied to almost every post CHRIS has made.... is this just by chance or both accounts belong to same person... :)

Readers please take caution when you see posts with courier company names, I am not saying they are all lies but there is conflict of interest here... lot of money is at stake because people will look at these posts when they pick courier company in January 2017....
Some people just have nothing better to do.

Read my OP, I personally used Deal Made Expres (aka 3Xpress). What I am trying to post is the true I've seen on Jan 4 on-site.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/best-and-worst-courier-services-jan-4-2016-parentsgrand-parents-sponsor-t391715.0.html

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
Blue sky9 said:
[size=10pt]ya61x[/size]

Agree with you.. I noticed the same trend..i think its the same guy using both accounts

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
float said:
Jan 08, 2016 CIC CPR - CIC RTC MISSISSAUGA ON 550.00

My app is finally in the CAP now if I am not mistaken. Share a few tips to ease the tension, since I went through this for more than 13 months today.

1. CIC are humans. They don't reject on small errors. Yes, my app has errors like not 9 mon valid credit card. Missing native language in one box in one form, Schedula A uses old form. I believe CIC is hunting for big mistakes, not tiny ones. Mine is not perfect, but they still kindly accept it. Maybe they will reject down the road. I wish a smooth sailing from now on.

2. CC charge will not directly invoke text message to the cell phone. I have to actually look into my card web page to find it.

3. HR is my courier. Kudos to them. Without them, I don't think I can make it. I wish anyone else in this forum good luck. With the cap raised to 10000, you chance is much higher than last year.

4. Last year I missed 5000 CAP for 3 days and got rejected. Definitely using CanadaPost snail mail is totally wrong to start, not even to mention using register mail instead of express. This forum is the life saver. Many thanks to Rossi!
Thank you for this .. Congratulations!!!

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
sandrachacha said:
My credit card just was charged!! My courier was Happy Road :) :) :D

Good luck everyone ;D
wow... your first post on the forum and its about CC charged..

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Blue sky9 said:
Just to give an update to all as I went to the 2 Robert Speck in Mississauga on Jan 4th. I just wanted to see what is going on....
This is what I saw .....

In the parking lot, there were vans parked (UPS, Purolator, FedEx). the guys were taking application bundles upstairs. the receivers were not accepting bulk bundles at one go so they were coming down and taking packages from vans and going upstairs. I talked to a UPS guy, he told me there was line up at 8 am in the morning but by 9 am only 3 or 4 people in the line were left. I did not see any line up at 9:30 am. Some of the people are exaggerating the fact that they delivered thousands of applications before 10 am, just to get more business next year. If your application was there on Jan 4th, there are high chances it will be under 5000 cap. Just remember there will be many incomplete or incorrect applications which will not count.
Based on all the lies you were telling on this post and you're only registered on Jan 6, 2016. I can safely assume you're a person full of BS.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
jaybath said:
Dear Scylla, ur senior member,,but its not true,,,, this bank draft rule is in effect since 2014
Why did you send a bank draft when the instructions say it is not accepted and there are other ways to pay the fee.

I'm sorry if you explained your reason for sending in a bank draft but I could not find the answer in your earlier posts.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
float said:

My app is finally in the CAP now if I am not mistaken. Share a few tips to ease the tension, since I went through this for more than 13 months today.

1. CIC are humans. They don't reject on small errors. Yes, my app has errors like not 9 mon valid credit card. Missing native language in one box in one form, Schedula A uses old form. I believe CIC is hunting for big mistakes, not tiny ones. Mine is not perfect, but they still kindly accept it. Maybe they will reject down the road. I wish a smooth sailing from now on.

2. CC charge will not directly invoke text message to the cell phone. I have to actually look into my card web page to find it.

3. HR is my courier. Kudos to them. Without them, I don't think I can make it. I wish anyone else in this forum good luck. With the cap raised to 10000, you chance is much higher than last year.

4. Last year I missed 5000 CAP for 3 days and got rejected. Definitely using CanadaPost snail mail is totally wrong to start, not even to mention using register mail instead of express. This forum is the life saver. Many thanks to Rossi!
Congrats. How did you find local courier "Happy Road" ?

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
float said:

Congrats :D :D :D!!!!

jaybath

Jan 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mr soonihope, my so called RBC stupid royal bank of Canada made me do it claiming no difference

since I don't see any reference to anny app refused because of payment by bank draft I am really anxious

ya61x

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
For people who use Bank Draft and Money Order from Canadian banks. Don't worry. Within Canada, CIC considers bank draft, money order all as certified cheques. Since PGP is for Canadian Residences, CIC just says certified cheques.
For some other programs with applicants from all over the world, CIC clearly states certified cheques, bank draft or money order. That's because from some international banks, bank draft and money orders are different from certified cheques. Because you can only get certified cheques in Canadian by bring your personal cheques of your Canadian dollar account to your bank to get it certified which is not doable in most foreign countries. (check out IMM5620E for example)
In Canada, bank draft is the next generation "certified chq" since certified chq is not that convenience to get and too easy to fake comparing to bank draft.

MMCS

Nov 15, 2015
Blue sky I know no one on this forum. and ya61x said he talked to me at CPC and I still don't know who he is. You really got me scratching my head ya61x :) who were you. If I did know him I wouldn't have referred to to him/her in my earlier posts until he put me straight. If we all were trying to farm business here, then others would be here alongside.They aren't. I've already mentioned why I was on here. I am sorry, I couldn't leave that on unanswered. No matter how much I tried.

The only reason I say listen to ya61x because everything he said is what I saw myself actually he's more informed than me because he spoke to more people and by his post investigated the scene more thoroughly. I just delivered and went home to sleep. People aren't going to deal with me or anyone because we come on here. I give people more credit, intelligence and savvy than that to need a warning from you, me or anyone. We really don't know if they will even have it this year they might just roll it over with what they have, governments change policy in a whim.

Ya61x only responds to my posts is to make sure he keeps the information in check for your benefit as a member. if I am right he has no other option to agree and accept it. I am quite sure if I was b.s ing he'd be the first one to cut me off at the knees.

No collusion here sorry to disappoint