+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timing of applying Canadian passport for infant and Citizenship application for rest of family

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Hi Folks,

I hope all are doing well and safe and healthy.
I'm approaching the eligibility for Canadian citizenship and had the following questions.Would appreciate your insights and experiences.
1. My son was born in Canada and I'm wondering if applying for his Canadian passport with family (me, wife, other kid) together is possible and has any advantages?

2. The CIC doesnot have anything explicit on the how recent should be the IELTS scores in meeting the citizenship language requirement. My IELTS was in Jan 2017 and my wife's in Feb 2015.
Will this hold good in meeting the citizenship language requirement?

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
Hi Folks,

I'm approaching the eligibility for Canadian citizenship and had the following questions.Would appreciate your insights and experiences.
1. My son was born in Canada and I'm wondering if applying for his Canadian passport with family (me, wife, other kid) together is possible and has any advantages?

2. The CIC doesnot have anything explicit on the how recent should be the IELTS scores in meeting the citizenship language requirement. My IELTS was in Jan 2017 and my wife's in Feb 2015.
1) Each passport application is independent. Even if you apply at the same time, You have to provide separate application for each person. IMHO It's better to apply for your son passport now itself, instead of waiting for your citizenship (because it may take more than 12 months for you get citizenship due to COVID situation)

2) You can use the old IELTS copy along with your citizenship application (Including me, so many have used it. It's fine.)

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Hi Folks,

Regarding 2):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Under section 4:

If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.

Reactions: canvisa13