+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timelines for Residence Questionnaire needed!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's been 11 months since my hubby submitted his RQ but nothing yet - so quiet! Can you please share your timeline and the office where you sent your questionnaire papers. I noticed someone who also got RQ got their citizenship in 3 months. But we've been waiting now for almost a year and no single word on its status ???.

A

amirchov

It really depends - officially, the dealy can take anything between 12 to 18 months (according to the CIC). If it's going to a judge hearing, you will need to wait a bit longer due to backlog.
I personally have been waitning for 11 months as well...

Goood luck!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirchov said:
It really depends - officially, the dealy can take anything between 12 to 18 months (according to the CIC). If it's going to a judge hearing, you will need to wait a bit longer due to backlog.
I personally have been waitning for 11 months as well...

Goood luck!
Wow, that's a long wait. I hope no hearing is required :(

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirchov said:
If I may ask, what was the reason for the RQ?
Just not lucky :( The officer who had his app gave a lot of RQs, so he ended up in that group of unlucky people.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirchov said:
If I may ask, what was the reason for the RQ?
What about you? Was there any particular reason why they gave you questionnaire?

A

amirchov

That's very odd... I never considered the CIC officers to be capricious like that... Usually if the math works, and the 1095 days are in compliance and there aren't too many exits, everything is smooth.

I am self employed (independant consultant) with customers all over the world and I use Nexus to travel in/out of Canada. Nexus is based on iris scan and therefore no stamps were posted in my passport.
The CIC officer couldn't match my trips to passport stamps and therefore gave me the RQ.
The absurd is that they told me they can't pull out a list of entries/exits to/from Canada from the border control (i.e., immigration).
So immigration, isn't communicating with immigration :)

But this was expected, and I understand their need to look into this further.