Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

My application was received by Buffalo on March 19th. They cashed my money order somewhere around April 20th but I haven't yet received my AOR. I'm going home for a couple of months from May 4th. Is it wise to get my medicals done at this point or should I wait for them to request it? My reasoning being that they might request for it while I'm away and I wouldn't like to waste time.

Secondly, as I'm going home, I can easily get my certificate of good character if I take my fingerprints before I leave. Again, how long do they take before asking for this? My reasoning being that I can mail it to them from home if they do. But since they require fingerprints to not be older than 3 months, is it better to wait for them instead of spending $125 on getting them done now?

Thanks,

Ameet

natali

Jan 15, 2010
I applied on Feb 25th 2010, they cashed my money order on March 05th 2010, till date April 22nd I have not recieved AOR. Visit trackitt and you'll see that people applied in mid feb are still waiting for their aor. I hope this helps in your decision.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
You can't get your medicals done before you receive the request from CIC - they send you some kind of form... But, you can get the medicals done anywhere - doesn't have to be here in Canada, so I wouldn't worry about your trip back home.

Certificate of good character??? What..?

Surely you submitted your PCCs with your application...?

akp

Dec 13, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lol. So I need not worry about the medicals (Should have realized that myself).

Certificate of good conduct/character is what a police clearance certificate is called in Dubai. I did not submit this with my application because I came to Canada well before I turned 18 and as the guide mentioned when I applied (I know they have made some changes to the guide so don't know if this rule has changed as well), police certificates are only required for those countries except Canada in which you have lived since turning 18 and luckily for me, the only country is Canada.

But a friend of mine from Dubai who was in a similar situation, was requested by CIC to submit this after he applied. Looking at the current processing times, it seems to me that I won't be getting such a request even after I'm back from Dubai at the end of June.