+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for receiving CBSA Records

mr_saviour

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
I received RQ last month, and faxed CBSA a request for provision of travel records. It has been a month and no response or even acknowledgment has been received. I am a bit worried and have to submit my details with in 45 days. Could you please share your experience or guide, as how long it takes to receive CBSA records?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mr_saviour said:
I received RQ last month, and faxed CBSA a request for provision of travel records. It has been a month and no response or even acknowledgment has been received. I am a bit worried and have to submit my details with in 45 days. Could you please share your experience or guide, as how long it takes to receive CBSA records?
Most people are reporting about 60 days to receive the information.

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
mr_saviour said:
Hi,

Sent request letter to CBSA (tru expresspost) May 28, 2012
They received May 30, 2012
I received acknowledgement letter dated Jun 5, 2012
I received the requested travel history (dated July 30, 2012) on August 7, 2012

I suggest just send whatever documents you have, don't wait for CBSA. just attach a covering letter stating that you're going to send them as soon as you received it.. That was everyone suggested to me too.. Goodluck!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
hi,
is it possible to send a request letter in advance or it's a special request form issued by cic?
thank you.

mr_saviour

Star Member
Mar 9, 2012
Thanks for the response and guidannce, however they did not send any acknowledgement of the request and it is now more than a month since I sent them a fax requesting CBSA to provide me with the travel info. What should I do? Just wait for another one month without knowing if they would be sending me anything or not?

via08

Star Member
May 24, 2012
mr_saviour said:
Thanks for the response and guidannce, however they did not send any acknowledgement of the request and it is now more than a month since I sent them a fax requesting CBSA to provide me with the travel info. What should I do? Just wait for another one month without knowing if they would be sending me anything or not?
I dunno why they didn't send you an acknowledgement letter.. My house mate and cousin sent the letter tru post and after 2 weeks they both received an acknowledgement letter.. I have no idea about when you fax the letter.

rohanss

Star Member
Jul 21, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a form that is to be filled to get the CBSA entry records? I am unable to find it anywhere.

ottawa_girl

Jan 22, 2013
Yes there is a form and it cost $5 per request.

Mr_saviour did you send a cheque with your request ? did they cash it ? I am in the same situation, applied for it and didn't hear anything but I am looking at my online bank statement to see if they cash the cheque so at least you know they are processing your request.

The form is the ATIP on the cic website.

I read somewhere it usually takes 3 months so we didn't wait for it and sent RQ docs response without it. We ordered later just in case if they ask for it.

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
it took me 2 weeks and I ordered in Dec 12. I initially did not include the 5 dollar cheque because someone says online that the 5 dollar fee doesn't apply to CBSA record. I got a mail from Ottawa after a week asking for that money, and I sent them the cheque after. I got the record about two weeks after. Filter out the time wasted on the cheque thing, roughly two weeks.

SuperDude

Jan 29, 2013
I live in Toronto, so it looks like where you live doesn't play a big role in the ETA. I guess it is all different for people, it took me almost 2 months to get my OHIP record though...

ecoyo

Jan 7, 2013
There are missing entries in my CBSA records and I heard that they cannot be added back to the record. CBSA can only correct error not for adding back the omissions. Is it true?