+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for PR renewal sent for secondary review

Kovil

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
My PR card application was sent on August 15th for renewal and it was sent for secondary review on November 2nd .......until now no change in status, if any one with same status plz update your details.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
My PR card renewal application was sent on 17th September 2014, received in Sydney office on 22nd September. Application was sent after completing 735 days and 45 days before its expiry. On 28th Jan 2015, received an eMail stating that application has been reviewed and sent for secondary review and expect delay. I have a return ticket valid till end May to travel.Can anyone advise if I can change the application to URGENT one? Any other option? apply for a travel document? Kindly advise and share your experience. Thanks

puma

Star Member
Jul 30, 2012
CIC received my application on August 11, 2014; received an email on January 5, 2015 informing me of the application being sent for secondary review, since then nothing. :(

torontonianguy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2013
My application was recived in June,2014...got email in december about secondary review and colored passport copies....sent same day..recived next week...still nothing....no help from call centre either..!

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kuttykutty said:
My PR card renewal application was sent on 17th September 2014, received in Sydney office on 22nd September. Application was sent after completing 735 days and 45 days before its expiry. On 28th Jan 2015, received an eMail stating that application has been reviewed and sent for secondary review and expect delay. I have a return ticket valid till end May to travel.Can anyone advise if I can change the application to URGENT one? Any other option? apply for a travel document? Kindly advise and share your experience. Thanks
Hi,
Mine sent in end of September and receive the letter for further delay in the end of January.

I also have a air ticket for this weekend.

I requested for urgent processing with copied ticket about a month ago. I received e-mail says my requested was accepted but nothing happened till today. I just called CIC this morning and my finding is that since my application is needed for further review, they cannot give me PR card renewed. ??? ??? ???

So, I am sorry to tell you this even you request urgent processing, it will not help....

Only three choices left which are cancel travel, stay long enough(one month?) to have Travel document in oversea or come back Canada by private vehicle.

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Thank you.
My Air ticket is for end-May. Hope it works out before that date, else we will lose the fare paid to the Airline.
Visa process in India is also another challenge!
Good luck to you ... Kindly post when you get it so that it will give us hope!

chinachan

Star Member
Oct 31, 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
goldjay said:
Looks like no processing for 2nd review. Cic put all efforts on the regular PR renewal.
I don't get this. I have lived in Canada over 1000 days but now I have no freedom to in and out of Canada.
Is there any place or person I can complain about this?
This just doesn't make sense to me at all. At least I want time frame.

EddyIT

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm also in the same situation-seems like CIC is increasing the number of cases sent to secondary review.

I sent the application to renew the PR card on September 8th, 2014. Got an email on January 20th, 2015 that my application was referred to a secondary review (I have over 745 days of residency in the last 5 years and my card expired).

It's been almost 2 months and I haven't heard any feedback since then. For a month almost I couldn't see the status of my application online but about 3 weeks ago the status appeared once again as "In Process".

Will keep everyone posted.

Good luck guys...

Kuttykutty

Star Member
Mar 3, 2015
Hi all,
Has anyone got the PR card renewed recently? Web site shows the processing time has reduced from 176 to 76 days from September 2014 to March 2015. My application was received in September 2014, Transferred to Secondary review in Jan 2015 and still " in process". Kindly post if anyone received after the Secondary review and if so how long it took for the review. It will give some hope and relief to those in the queue... Waiting!
Many thanks

anakinhay

Feb 14, 2012
U guys are lucky only secondary review. it means they accepted ur application… U just have to wait for the card to be sent to the local office for processing.

For mine, I sent in Feb 2015, received email last week asking me for more information like travel documents for all countries I visited in last 5 yrs… Stamps on passports not enough…

So I guess mine is tougher than u guys… Even though I met my stay obligation..