+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for Peruvian wife

forestal

Mar 11, 2009
Dear everyone:
Though I do not post a lot on this forum, I read it very often. It was very helpful when I was deciding what to send to Mississauga and it helped answering lots of questions I had while sponsoring of my wife.

My wife got her migration papers about a weeks ago. We have been together for almost 4 years as a couple (I moved to Canada from Peru three years ago) and we got married a year ago. This is our timeline If anyone is curious about it:

- Application Received on July 24th 2009
- Application processed on August 21, 2009.
- Letter with decision on August 24, 2009
- Process started (in Peru) on September 10, 2009.
- My wife got a phone call from the embassy on may 9th 2010 (Almost 8 months later) . They told her all the papers were correct and no interview or anything else was required. the problem was that her medical exams had expired and she had to re-do them.
- Exams re-done a week after.
- She got another phone call from the embassy requesting her passport on June 24th
- Visa issued on June 25th

I hope this helps someone and please, if you have any questions, I'll be more than pleased to help!

Cheers

Boman744

May 19, 2010
I am very happy for you 2! congratulations!! I sent my package out to sponsor my wife from Peru on Monday. It is now at the CPC in Mississauga. I really hope all goes well for us!

Cheers m8

campesinaj

Star Member
Jan 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima, Peru
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2010
AOR Received.
29-06-2010 In Process in Lima
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
19-03-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2011
LANDED..........
17-03-2011
forestal: Thanks for your timeline. We are going through Lima as well (my husband is Bolivian, but there's no Embassy here).

Just wondering if you had any contact from Lima during the 8 month time, or nothing between September and May?

I'm Canadian and I live with my Bolivian husband in Bolivia. Our application to sponsor was approved on June 14th and sent to Lima. we are hopeful that his application will be approved so we can move by January/February 2011...it may be wishful thinking but we're hopeful.

Thanks again for sharing your info and congrats on the approval!

Boman744 - we're on similar timelines, good luck to you too!

forestal

Mar 11, 2009
Dear Campesinaj:
We received absolutely no Contact from the Peruvian embassy!!
We even tried contacting them because my wife was coming to visit me here to Vancouver during wintertime (Canadian winter) and we didn't know what to do in case she got her papers while in Canada. We weren't able to get ahold of them and they didn't contact us at all. The first contact we had with them was in May when they called us about the medical exams. No updates online, no emails, no nothing from them until last May.
While my wife was here in Canada, we went to the migration office in January and they didn't want to tell us nothing either. After a few minutes talking with the officer though, he told us that everything was in order and that we should be pacient because we were not going to hear nothing from the peruvian embassy at least until April.
So don't stress out if they do not contact you at all for the next few months, that is the way they work! Remember also that the migration process in the Peruvian embassy takes between 8 and 14 months. My wife and I did all our future plans thinking that it was going to take 14 months for the embassy to process her papers. It ended up being only 8 and we can't be happier!

Please let me know if you have any other questions

reegs

Jun 15, 2010
Hello everyone,

Congratulations on your wife's visa, Forestal. I am just getting my common-law partner's papers together for submission and this site has been extremely helpful along the way. I am Canadian, but my partner and I have been living together in Peru for the past 3 years, and since neither of us have children or ex-spouses I expect (or hope) our visa application to be processed relatively smoothly... hopefully within 12 months, although you never know. Anyway, before sending our application to Ontario I thought I would ask someone on this forum who's been through the same process in Peru a quick question.

Basically, I am justing hoping that someone--perhaps you, Forestal, since your application went smoothly--could compile a quick checklist of all of the documents (in Spanish) needed for your Peruvian partner's application. I guess the ones I am a little unsure of are the police certificates, but if someone could list ALL of the documents required for the PR visa, I would be very greatful.

Thanks for any input, and best of luck to everyone!

jstmarried

Aug 17, 2009
HEllo all ,
HEre is my timeline. If there are people i could help i will from my experience.

Applied as sponsor May 26,2009
approved as sponsor June 23,2009
nothing from peru for two months.
Applied for a TRV August 5,2009
Received PR Sept 3,2009
Landed Sept 22, 2009

we think because we applied for a TRV that speeded up our application go PR Visa i/o Tourist Visa. I know of a few cases were this has happened and decided to try it out and that was the results. I know of a guy in another forum who followed what i had done and His wife landed in June applied in January. But there were some miscommunication in between. They denied her Tourist visa in Favor of PR Visa:)

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
Hi,

I am really happy to see that there are a few people going through Lima. I was using this site quite often as we were preparing our applciation and haven t' really visisted since the application arrived in Lima back in January. Back then I was pretty much the only one that seemed to be going through Lima

We sent our application back in December, I was appoved as the sponsor early January, and the applcaition reached Lima at the end of January. Quebec's certificat was sent by Immigration quebec sometime in Feburary. We haven't received any news since then. It is going to be 8 months in 2 weeks or so since the application was sent to Lima. It is really annoying not to know at all what is going on but we are confident that something should come up in the near future.

I am traveling to Peru next week and I am very impatient to spend 2 weeks with my husband. I would love to come back with some sort of news from the embassy.

I'll keep you posted if anything changes.

Boman744

May 19, 2010
Hey guys! I sent my app to Mississauga on June 28th. Approved Aug 3rd.

My wife, the applicant for PR, lives in Lima, and I'll be going there Sept 13th to be with her for 3-4 months while they process her application :)

Her and I will be living in Cuzco for a while to pass some time and enjoy each others company... Very excited!!

I really hope the process in Lima doesn't have any hiccups and goes as smooth as yours did, Forestal. Congrats m8!

galmxcan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico city
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/06/2010
AOR Received.
10/08/2010
File Transfer...
30/07/2010
Med's Done....
06/11/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29/10/2010
VISA ISSUED...
03/11/2010
LANDED..........
26/11/2010
jstmarried said:
HEllo all ,
HEre is my timeline. If there are people i could help i will from my experience.

Applied as sponsor May 26,2009
approved as sponsor June 23,2009
nothing from peru for two months.
Applied for a TRV August 5,2009
Received PR Sept 3,2009
Landed Sept 22, 2009

we think because we applied for a TRV that speeded up our application go PR Visa i/o Tourist Visa. I know of a few cases were this has happened and decided to try it out and that was the results. I know of a guy in another forum who followed what i had done and His wife landed in June applied in January. But there were some miscommunication in between. They denied her Tourist visa in Favor of PR Visa:)
Forestal, Congratulations on the PR.

jstmarried, please, please could you tell me any advise on what to include for the TRV application, what to say on invitation letter...anything will be helpful.
My husband (the sponsor) already got the sponsorship approval and my application is in the visa office as well (Mexico) now I want to go visit him for a few months hoping to either get the TRV or maybe to speed up PR just like you.
Sorry I know this thread has different topic but I´d really appreciate your help.
THANKS!!

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
WHOUHOU!!! after wow 9 big months, we finally got news from the embassy !

Based on our lawyer's recommendation we had not sent in the police certificates as she explain they would most probably expire before he would get the visa and that it would then be better to send them in later instead of redoing them.

So we now have 60 days to send them back the certificates !

I am uberduper happy right now...

For those in the process, we received that by e-mail, and the status has not been updated on the CIC website.

Sara

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hor=saralune link=topic=46337.msg487946#msg487946 date=1289106412]

Based on our lawyer's recommendation we had not sent in the police certificates as she explain they would most probably expire before he would get the visa and that it would then be better to send them in later instead of redoing them.

For those in the process, we received that by e-mail, and the status has not been updated on the CIC website.

Sara

[/quote]

Congrats, but you shouldn't have listened to the lawyer, you are supposed to send the PCC with the application, if you did, your spouse would be receiving a request for the passport, rather than new PCCs. It is usually best to follow the CIC instructions, rather than what a lawyer thinks is best.

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
PMM said:
Hi

hor=saralune link=topic=46337.msg487946#msg487946 date=1289106412]

Sara

Congrats, but you shouldn't have listened to the lawyer, you are supposed to send the PCC with the application, if you did, your spouse would be receiving a request for the passport, rather than new PCCs. It is usually best to follow the CIC instructions, rather than what a lawyer thinks is best.
Hi PMM,

can I just ask your opinion on this.

His medical is now expired and we were never told if the interview was waived or not. Should I assume that all that is cleared or... ?? Do you think they are asking us these things to wrap up the applicacion and issue the VISA or things could still complicate ahead. I also wanted to point out. He livedin the Us we sent athe FBI clearance cause we had it but it is also experied. We never sent any state clearance, and they did not ask for any.

Thanks,

Sara

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saralune said:
Hi PMM,

can I just ask your opinion on this.

His medical is now expired and we were never told if the interview was waived or not. Should I assume that all that is cleared or... ?? Do you think they are asking us these things to wrap up the applicacion and issue the VISA or things could still complicate ahead. I also wanted to point out. He livedin the Us we sent athe FBI clearance cause we had it but it is also experied. We never sent any state clearance, and they did not ask for any.

Thanks,

Sara
1. If they haven't requested a new FBI or state certificates then don't worry about them.
2. I believe that have not finished the background/security checks, or at the same time they would have requested a new medical. I don't know the practice at that office, some (very few) will state that no interview is required at this time, but that is unusual.