Timeline for OCI.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys:

I'm going to apply for OCI.

So guys please share your timeline & what office you applied.

Thank you

T

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
tiarachel85 said:
Hi guys:

I'm going to apply for OCI.

So guys please share your timeline & what office you applied.

Thank you

T
Visit this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oci-process-t254662.0.html

Usually the whole process takes around 2-3 months.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
Visit this link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oci-process-t254662.0.html

Usually the whole process takes around 2-3 months.
Hardly anyone mentioned his/her timeline there

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiarachel85 said:
Hardly anyone mentioned his/her timeline there
As correctly indicated by Coolguysam, many follows that threads to clarify doubts on process and applications. Since the process takes 3 months, with minor variance of +/- few weeks, the timelines might be irrelevant compared to citizenship where the variance is huge (depending on processing office and security check clearances).
I had send mine early Nov and am expecting the OCI roughly by Feb only. I am not keen on tracking it unless if I dont get it before March 2017.
For any urgent travel, we still have eVisa to bank on.
Good luck!

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
As correctly indicated by Coolguysam, many follows that threads to clarify doubts on process and applications. Since the process takes 3 months, with minor variance of +/- few weeks, the timelines might be irrelevant compared to citizenship where the variance is huge (depending on processing office and security check clearances).
I had send mine early Nov and am expecting the OCI roughly by Feb only. I am not keen on tracking it unless if I dont get it before March 2017.
For any urgent travel, we still have eVisa to bank on.
Good luck!
Have you received your originals back?

You sent by post? What office?

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted in person at Surrey office. The originals collected were my cancelled Indian passport and Lansing paper. I might b getting it back along with OCI after 2-3 months.

tiarachel85

Champion Member
Jun 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
I submitted in person at Surrey office. The originals collected were my cancelled Indian passport and Lansing paper. I might b getting it back along with OCI after 2-3 months.
One of my friend got originals back within a week

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
In Vancouver/Surrey, the originals are sent back along with the OCI card which would be after 2-3 months.
Oh okay I didn't know. It's not fair to keep originals for so long.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
zoya_99 said:
Oh okay I didn't know. It's not fair to keep originals for so long.
The usually keep your Indian Passport and landing document. Do you think if not having your Indian Passport and Landing Paper for 2-3 months would affect anything? I don't think so.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
The usually keep your Indian Passport and landing document. Do you think if not having your Indian Passport and Landing Paper for 2-3 months would affect anything? I don't think so.
Yes, because they misplaced the originals of someone I know.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
zoya_99 said:
Yes, because they misplaced the originals of someone I know.

Hmmm that's unfortunate but usually does not happen very often. When my wife applied, when I applied, when I applied for my child, the originals never went missing.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
Hmmm that's unfortunate but usually does not happen very often. When my wife applied, when I applied, when I applied for my child, the originals never went missing.

Yes sure it's unfortunate:(