hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I came in Canada in August 21-2022
Biometrics:August 2022
Medical : September
Eligibility interview: November
Claimant document (Brown paper): December
I sent the Basis of claim together with all the proof (evidences) : on December 12
Workpermit: January 2023
Hearing date for March 2023.

I am told I will have a virtual hearing and I have to do it in my bed room or a quiet room.
Question: is it bad if things go so fast ? Because I was told by people we need to wait for 1 or 2 years to get a hearing date.

Last edited:

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
I sent the Basis of claim together with all the proof (evidences) : on December 12

I am told I will have a virtual hearing and I have to do it in my bed room or a quiet room.
Question: is it bad if things go so fast ? Because I was told by people we need to wait for 1 or 2 years to get a hearing date.
I see more ppl are getting quicker dates, maybe they hire more employees
Which country are you from ? Maybe your case is very obvious, maybe not
I got mine in 12 months but they cancelled after Covid and I was waiting another year

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
I see more ppl are getting quicker dates, maybe they hire more employees
Which country are you from ? Maybe your case is very obvious, maybe not
I got mine in 12 months but they cancelled after Covid and I was waiting another year
I am From Democratic Republic of Congo which is in Africa.

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
thanks a lot. How was your outcome ? Was it positive? How long did you take for your hearing?
Yes, my claim was accepted but still waiting for the NOD. The hearing was about 3 hours. Good luck! Try to remember your story and BOC.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Yes, my claim was accepted but still waiting for the NOD. The hearing was about 3 hours. Good luck! Try to remember your story and BOC.
Sorry to disturb you, do they ask questions out of the basis of claim ? What if you can perfectly remember your story and the basis of claim is it a win situation? Please help me with all the tips you think can be valuable.

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Sorry to disturb you, do they ask questions out of the basis of claim ? What if you can perfectly remember your story and the basis of claim is it a win situation? Please help me with all the tips you think can be valuable.
It depends on your case and the member to be honest. Mine was more about the BOC. But as a general rule, try to remember dates, names if possible and have a justification. If you are not sure about an answer just be honest and say I don’t know. They would like to know whether your story is credible or not. There will be questions about the state protection, internal flight alternative (IFA). Try to have some preparation sessions with your lawyer if you have one before your hearing date.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
It depends on your case and the member to be honest. Mine was more about the BOC. But as a general rule, try to remember dates, names if possible and have a justification. If you are not sure about an answer just be honest and say I don’t know. They would like to know whether your story is credible or not. There will be questions about the state protection, internal flight alternative (IFA). Try to have some preparation sessions with your lawyer if you have one before your hearing date.
Thanks a lot I am trying to base on valuable advice like yours and watch YouTube videos on IRB interview from different former IRB official members. I don’t have a lawyer and don’t think to get one. I rely on God and my story. Thanks alot.

Reactions: Newday8765

Newday8765

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Thanks a lot I am trying to base on valuable advice like yours and watch YouTube videos on IRB interview from different former IRB official members. I don’t have a lawyer and don’t think to get one. I rely on God and my story. Thanks alot.
All the best. Hopefully will hear positive updates from you!

Seko_Saki

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019

That's a good timeline really, good luck in your hearing : )
Which city/province are you a resident of?