28-12-2012
File Transfer...
01-05-2013
Med's Request
24-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013 RPRF: 01-08-2013 (PESO)
asseteco said:
Voluntary ang CIIP... Para sa akin a must na maka attend kayo kasi very informative ang session... Bigbigyan ka ng overview about your future home away from home, how to land a job, access on schools if you want to further your studies, how to make canadian resumes, and a lot more... tapos free of charge pa!... :)
thanks asseteco for your quick reply. god bless

reyvico

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
kelotz said:
@ 1st Immigration Officer

Requires:
- Passport(s)
- Declaration Form (to be given by the cabin crew from the airplane), one family one form. Need to fill-up properly.

Questions:
- Why are you here in Canada?
- Is this your first time in Canada?

Then he/she will point you to go in another area for further questions.

@ 2nd Immigration Officer

Requires:
- Passport(s)
- Declaration Form (1st Immigration officer will give it back with some stamp, initials)
- COPR

Questions:
- Have convicted before? (Me: No)
- Have you been rejected in Canada before? (Me: No)
- Are you Single or Married? (Me: Married)
- How many kids do you have? (Me: 1)
- Do you have common law partner? (Me: No)
- Do you have any other children? (Me: No)
- Do you have any address in Canada? (Me: Yes)

Then the officer gave me another piece of paper to write the complete address in Canada including contact number.
Me and my wife sign the COPR.

Congratulations and welcome to Canada.
You will receive your PR Card in 2 months to the address you provided.
Here is the copy of your COPR.
Hi kelotz! Congratz! Enjoy the whit xmas! Ask ko lng total cash n dala nyo 1300 cad lng? Do you have other form of funds like managers check or bankdraft? Were they strict sa funds na dala mo? Thanks!

kelotz

Feb 1, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2012
Doc's Request.
11-10-2012
Nomination.....
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
Med's Request
07-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Passport Req..
09-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2013
LANDED..........
23-11-2013
reyvico said:
Hi kelotz! Congratz! Enjoy the whit xmas! Ask ko lng total cash n dala nyo 1300 cad lng? Do you have other form of funds like managers check or bankdraft? Were they strict sa funds na dala mo? Thanks!
yes 1,300 cad dala namin
ala na kami ibang funds
siguro dahil may job offer ako tapos may binigay ako na address ng brother kaya never sila nag ask about sa funds.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
daverhin26 said:
hi sir ragluf, thanks for always answering my queries. BTW i have question again if you dont mind, after receiving our PP with visa (Family/Immigrant) we received email regarding "Free Pre-Arrival Employment & Settlement Session at CIIP! ". Is this cumpolsary like PDOS? This is the email from CEM that we received.
No not compulsory, but highly recommended. Being well informed is better. I'd share this anecdote which happened 2-3 months ago.

During one of the outreach programmes of the Phil Embassy here (passport renewal, document authentication. NBI etc.), I got a chance to talk to one of the staff of the NGOs handing this programme. Kapwa Pinoy din, and he has been travelling back and forth between PH and Canada. He mentioned that the CIIP is free and is provided to all immigrants. The Canadian government has identified a disparity in the number of immigrants vs those who are successful in settling and integrating into the society. This is one of the reasons for the CIIP programme - a partnership between NGOs and the Canadian Government. The CIIP programme has been running for quite a few years and has been very successful in cutting back the length of time of successful integration to the workforce of immigrants and have them on the path to good careers (proper job match). Except in the cases of some of our kababayans. Sad to say, he mentioned sadyang medyo matitigas daw ang ulo natin, and nauunahan pa tayo ng ibang lahi to move forward with their carreers because they take full advantage of the linkages and programmes offered under/advised under the CIIP. Mas naniniwala pa daw tayo sa mga nauna na dito (elder generation) on how to settle in Canada and "settle" on following " now outdated" ways and means in "making it here" inspite of new programmes available to new immigrants. On their programme data - immigrants from other countries with lesser language skills get jobs, update to other jobs, and climb up the workforce much faster than us - sayang lang ang language advantage. Mas receptive pa ang mga ibang lahi to new ideas and all information available to immigrants rather than us, their data shows. The key is to integrate to Canadian society - you can't just keep to your fellow kababayans when you come here. Keep your values, but unlearn your ingrained habits, and leave all your home-grown patterns in the PH - this is a new country, and you have to adapt.

On the CIIP program and the other seminars aside from providing you with information on current trends in the Canadian marketplace etc., use the opportunity to know and interact with fellow immigrants coming to the same location as you are so you start your support network there. Fellow first-time immigrants coming to the same location/province becomes your initial crutch during the early periods of settlement and shared experiences strengthen all of you.

/...atb

tabs179

Champion Member
Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2013
Doc's Request.
MPNP Requests: Current Bank Statement (submitted 22 May 2013) and Current Letter of Employment (submitted 17 June 2013)
Nomination.....
05-07-2013
AOR Received.
01-11-2013
File Transfer...
28-09-2013
Med's Request
06-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
Sponsor Interview for MPNP: 13 June 2013
Passport Req..
30-01-2014 (additional documents - requests new NBI)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2014/ 17-02-2014 (amended)
LANDED..........
14-04-2014
ragluf said:
No not compulsory, but highly recommended. Being well informed is better. I'd share this anecdote which happened 2-3 months ago.

During one of the outreach programmes of the Phil Embassy here (passport renewal, document authentication. NBI etc.), I got a chance to talk to one of the staff of the NGOs handing this programme. Kapwa Pinoy din, and he has been travelling back and forth between PH and Canada. He mentioned that the CIIP is free and is provided to all immigrants. The Canadian government has identified a disparity in the number of immigrants vs those who are successful in settling and integrating into the society. This is one of the reasons for the CIIP programme - a partnership between NGOs and the Canadian Government. The CIIP programme has been running for quite a few years and has been very successful in cutting back the length of time of successful integration to the workforce of immigrants and have them on the path to good careers (proper job match). Except in the cases of some of our kababayans. Sad to say, he mentioned sadyang medyo matitigas daw ang ulo natin, and nauunahan pa tayo ng ibang lahi to move forward with their carreers because they take full advantage of the linkages and programmes offered under/advised under the CIIP. Mas naniniwala pa daw tayo sa mga nauna na dito (elder generation) on how to settle in Canada and "settle" on following " now outdated" ways and means in "making it here" inspite of new programmes available to new immigrants. On their programme data - immigrants from other countries with lesser language skills get jobs, update to other jobs, and climb up the workforce much faster than us - sayang lang ang language advantage. Mas receptive pa ang mga ibang lahi to new ideas and all information available to immigrants rather than us, their data shows. The key is to integrate to Canadian society - you can't just keep to your fellow kababayans when you come here. Keep your values, but unlearn your ingrained habits, and leave all your home-grown patterns in the PH - this is a new country, and you have to adapt.

On the CIIP program and the other seminars aside from providing you with information on current trends in the Canadian marketplace etc., use the opportunity to know and interact with fellow immigrants coming to the same location as you are so you start your support network there. Fellow first-time immigrants coming to the same location/province becomes your initial crutch during the early periods of settlement and shared experiences strengthen all of you.

/...atb
Agrees, I haven't gotten my invitation yet but I am far more looking forward to go to the CIIP seminar than PDOS. I heard that PDOS is very outdated with their information.

pebbles0402

Jun 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2012
Doc's Request.
15-11-2012
Nomination.....
27-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted together with MPNP application
Med's Request
23-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
07-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2014
kelotz said:
yes 1,300 cad dala namin
ala na kami ibang funds
siguro dahil may job offer ako tapos may binigay ako na address ng brother kaya never sila nag ask about sa funds.
Sir Ragluf, regarding the experience of kelotz, is this the norm or the exception?

I ask this because I was advised by my brother-in-law who is also our sponsor that we must have funds upon landing in Canada, similar to the funds we have presented in the proof of fund section in the MPNP. I am wary of the notion of bringing more than 10k CAD (we are a family of 5), whether cash or cheque. Unlike kelotz though, I do not have a job offer but my sponsor is my husband's brother (I am the principal applicant) so would it be wise to just bring what funding we can afford?

Aside from that, I do not want to begin our new life in Canada in debt if we have to come up with the funds which we will have to borrow from our relatives here. Though they are very much willing to help out, if that can be avoided then that would be the better option.

What do you think, Sir?

Thanks for all your wisdom! :) :) :)

daverhin26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
Doc's Request.
28-10-2012
Nomination.....
04-01-2013
AOR Received.
29-06-2013
IELTS Request
28-12-2012
File Transfer...
01-05-2013
Med's Request
24-07-2013
Med's Done....
29-07-2013 RPRF: 01-08-2013 (PESO)
ragluf said:

/...atb
thanks sir ragluf for sharing your thoughts. Appreciated much :) God bless to you and to all our fellow forum mates.

ExploreWinnipeg

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012
Nomination.....
12-11-2012
AOR Received.
CIO March 11,2013
IELTS Request
Submitted during mpnp application
File Transfer...
March 11, 2013
Med's Request
April 12, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2, 2013,ECAS medical results have been received on June 21,2013, ECAS Status In proces on October 15, 2013
Interview........
July 26,2012 during exploratory visits in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Passport Req..
November 15, 2013/ Decision made on November 25,2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 2, 2013-Visa Received on Dec. 5, 2013
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
Hi All,

I managed to book ourselves via united airlines with the following routes: Manila-Guam-Honolulu-Chicago-winnipeg. This is the cheapest airfare I got thru online research. However, I was informed by a travel agency whom I reqUested for separate quotation that as a first time immigrant, I need to go to the point of entry either in Vancouver or in Calgary because there is no immigration in winnipeg for first time immigrant.

Can someone please enlighten me on this.

Appreciate your response,

Thanks much!

Explorewinnipeg

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ExploreWinnipeg said:
Hi All,

I managed to book ourselves via united airlines with the following routes: Manila-Guam-Honolulu-Chicago-winnipeg. This is the cheapest airfare I got thru online research. However, I was informed by a travel agency whom I reqUested for separate quotation that as a first time immigrant, I need to go to the point of entry either in Vancouver or in Calgary because there is no immigration in winnipeg for first time immigrant.

Can someone please enlighten me on this.

Appreciate your response,

Thanks much!

Explorewinnipeg
Hi,

See this and just scroll through the conversations going down. There are some information here that may help you:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/timeline-for-filipinos-submitted-pnppr-applctions-at-cio-t93206.0.html;msg1856454#msg1856454

I gather you were advised also you need a US transit visa for your itinerary as you will be going through the US enroute to Winnipeg?

/...atb..

ramcal

May 4, 2013
Laguna, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2013
LANDED..........
April 11, 2014
excuse me lang po... just want to share..

...kaya gusto ko sa canada ,lumaki mga anak ko e.... kahit toronto yan, canada pa rin yan.. #1...

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/which-city-is-the-best-for-young-people-slideshow/1-toronto-canada-was-the-best-city-for-young-people-it-ranked-highly-on-diversity-and-music-and-photo-1385467894105.html

;D

polay_ph

Star Member
Nov 3, 2011
Hi All, My application has been well received in CIO-NS yesterday 27th November Canada time (only 3days to MPNP Nom expiration, woof!) Now, to wait for the next step. :D

ohanne

Mar 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2012
Nomination.....
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Request
09-10-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2013
Passport Req..
28-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2013
To all my kababayan am soooo...happy to let you know got PPR today :) ;) :D ;D

Forza2013

Star Member
Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-11-2012
Doc's Request.
Police Certificate and Updated Certificate of Employment
Nomination.....
28-03-2013
AOR Received.
01-08-2013
IELTS Request
submitted during the date application filed
Med's Request
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
25-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013
LANDED..........
soon!
ohanne said:
To all my kababayan am soooo...happy to let you know got PPR today :) ;) :D ;D
Wow! Congrats! :)

ExploreWinnipeg

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2012
Doc's Request.
12-10-2012
Nomination.....
12-11-2012
AOR Received.
CIO March 11,2013
IELTS Request
Submitted during mpnp application
File Transfer...
March 11, 2013
Med's Request
April 12, 2013
Med's Done....
May 2, 2013,ECAS medical results have been received on June 21,2013, ECAS Status In proces on October 15, 2013
Interview........
July 26,2012 during exploratory visits in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada
Passport Req..
November 15, 2013/ Decision made on November 25,2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 2, 2013-Visa Received on Dec. 5, 2013
LANDED..........
13-03-2014
ragluf said:
Hi,

See this and just scroll through the conversations going down. There are some information here that may help you:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/timeline-for-filipinos-submitted-pnppr-applctions-at-cio-t93206.0.html;msg1856454#msg1856454

I gather you were advised also you need a US transit visa for your itinerary as you will be going through the US enroute to Winnipeg?

/...atb..
Thank you Mr. Ragluf for the quick response and to the link provided.

Regarding US Visa, we do not have problem on this . Iam currently working in a US territory for 17 years and my family are with me hence we are holder of US Visa. I plan to resign this December and visit Philippines before immigrating to Canada.

I wish I have read all the link here before booking so I don't miss valuable information in this thread. Moral lesson, read, research and ask before making a decision.

Thanks much again Mr. Ragluf.

Regards

Explore