+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

timeline and status update for 2-Way passport request from IRCC and process time from VFS , Applicants from India

app_pan

Dec 10, 2020
Hi,
I had emailed the passport request letter and proforma to "PassportSubmission@vfshelpline" to confirm their 2-way courier service on December 09, 2020.

I got a reply requesting additional details :
1. UCI number:
2. Name:
3. Desired date for collection (minimum 24 hours is required):
4. Please confirm if you would like to opt for SMS service:
5. Please confirm if you have opted for Premium Lounge service:
6. a. If Yes then please share the scan copy of the receipt as an attachment in pdf format
7. Tracking ID:

Please tell me what is Tracking ID and from where I can get it.

Last edited:

Jeet2019

Jan 8, 2019
Hi, I am concerned with this email I got today for my parents passport submission, we sent the couriers on 8th Dec. Does anyone know what this means? Does this mean they are returning our passports back due to some issue with the documentation? How do I track this and why do I only see one Tracking number & AWB - shouldn't it be separate for my mom or dad? Please advice if anyone knows anything.

Email Subject : Vfsglobal - Requested additional details

Email Body :

Tracking ID: 20201210XXXXXXXXXX

The Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) staff has the following observation about your application:

Remarks: Please find the Tracking ID-20201210XXXXXXXXXXX- and AWB No-3703XXXXXXX- for future reference.

Kindly contact the CVAC for further clarifications.

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi, I am concerned with this email I got today for my parents passport submission, we sent the couriers on 8th Dec. Does anyone know what this means? Does this mean they are returning our passports back due to some issue with the documentation? How do I track this and why do I only see one Tracking number & AWB - shouldn't it be separate for my mom or dad? Please advice if anyone knows anything.

Email Body :

The Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) staff has the following observation about your application:

Remarks: Please find the Tracking ID-20201210XXXXXXXXXXX- and AWB No-3703XXXXXXX- for future reference.

NO worries with this you will get another email soon which say that your Passport is in Transit with IRCC.

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
After the bluedart guy picks up the passport - within how many days (average), is everyone receiving back the passports with stamped visa ?
Just want to get an idea on the average processing time currently.

Ashish2589

Star Member
Dec 3, 2020
Manitoba
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
After the bluedart guy picks up the passport - within how many days (average), is everyone receiving back the passports with stamped visa ?
Just want to get an idea on the average processing time currently.
I think lot of us are on the same boat where Passport has been submitted to IRCC this week and it has been already 1 week almost the passport has been picked up by Bluedart but nobody has received any update that Passport has been sent back.

What I have heard it take 10-15 days for whole process to complete, would like to hear more from other if anyone like to share their experience on the same.

Thanks

Reactions: Srushti

Srushti

Oct 25, 2016
Los Angeles, California
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-03-2017
Doc's Request.
31-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-08-2017
Can our parents travel from Indian to Toronto via any other flight other than Air India ? or is there a strict rule currently in place which asks Indian Citizens to travel only by Air India ?

Iaminca

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Can our parents travel from Indian to Toronto via any other flight other than Air India ? or is there a strict rule currently in place which asks Indian Citizens to travel only by Air India ?
At the moment parents holding Indian passport are only eligible to travel either through Air India or Air Canada. I have booked my parents flight for Air India for January. No other airlines will allow.

TERRIDOX

May 31, 2020
SHAHKOT, JALANDHAR, PUNJAB
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2020
AOR Received.
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020

Email Body :

Don't worry about this email. It's just a confirmation mail from VFS staff that they have opened your envelopes and assigned a number to the passport applications. The AWB number would be activated once your parents' passports would be processed (stamped) and sent back by courier to your address.
And the tracking number assigned by VFS, starting with 2020, is for your reference, which will be sent to IRCC in coming days. You can track it on VFS Global website under the track your application tab. You would need to provide this tracking number and date of birth to track the status.
But that status would be sent to you whenever your application moves like from VFS to IRCC office and then back at regular intervals.
You will be getting couple of emails in coming days regarding the same.

All the text of such emails would be confusing, so don't worry about these.
Follow this link for clarifications.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.am22tech.com/ca/vfs-message-meaning/?amp

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Jeet2019

TERRIDOX

May 31, 2020
SHAHKOT, JALANDHAR, PUNJAB
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2020
AOR Received.
28-05-2020
Med's Done....
10-03-2020
At the moment parents holding Indian passport are only eligible to travel either through Air India or Air Canada. I have booked my parents flight for Air India for January. No other airlines will allow.
Hey! Did your parents' got their passports back? Could you please tell me their application's status?