+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeframe to move?

Blueeyes294

Jan 7, 2013
I am an American married to a Canadian and we applied for my Permanent Residency last April. We were recently notified to pay the Residency Fee and mail in another copy of our passports so I am told this means we have passed all the tests and I will soon be getting my Permanent Residency notification.

My question is this, once we have rec'd the formal notification of approval, within what timeframe do we need to arrange my permanent move?

Thanks so much for your help! I couldn't have done this without you! :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Blueeyes294 said:
I am an American married to a Canadian and we applied for my Permanent Residency last April. We were recently notified to pay the Residency Fee and mail in another copy of our passports so I am told this means we have passed all the tests and I will soon be getting my Permanent Residency notification.

My question is this, once we have rec'd the formal notification of approval, within what timeframe do we need to arrange my permanent move?

Thanks so much for your help! I couldn't have done this without you! :)
You don't have to commit to a "permanent move" as you can "land" at any time before the COPR expiry.
Once you have "landed" as a PR, you are then bound by whatever residency obligation rules apply in your particular situation.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Blueeyes294 said:
What date did you do your medical exam on? When your PR is approved and they mail you COPR documents, typically they will have an expiry date of exactly 1 year from when you did medical. So that is the date you must officially "land" in Canada by.