+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time to get PR if I have a Permanent Position Contract

Jim1111

Jan 22, 2018
Hi Folks,
Please, I'm living now in Montreal as a Post-doc with a closed work permit.
Recently, I got a job offer with a company here in Montreal, with a Permanent Position Contract.
I want now to apply for PR from Montreal. Does this Permanent Contract will facilitate applying and getting PR? And if so, how much time it takes to apply and get the PR here in Montreal, please?
Appreciate your reply.
Regards,

tatiana1994

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
Nope , it won't. If you have a degree in quebec or 1 year of experience in quebec , you will be admissible to the PEQ . You will obtain your CSQ after 20 days . That it that all . After for the federal treatment it will take 14 months . No favorable treatment for that .
Good luck for your project :)

Reactions: Jim1111

Jim1111

Jan 22, 2018
Nope , it won't. If you have a degree in quebec or 1 year of experience in quebec , you will be admissible to the PEQ . You will obtain your CSQ after 20 days . That it that all . After for the federal treatment it will take 14 months . No favorable treatment for that .
Thanks for your reply tatiana1994. But please, what's PEQ? and how to apply on it?

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Thanks for your reply tatiana1994. But please, what's PEQ? and how to apply on it?
Also, you need intermediate advanced level of French for PEQ program. Otherwise it is regular skilled worker program, in which CSQ takes at least 6 months or even more lately even for inland applicants. Also, I hope the position you've been offered is LMIA exempt and if it isnt, I hope your employer is aware of the paperwork they have to go through to hire a foreign worker! Only with CSQ you will be LMIA exempt within Quebec, unless your job falls in the existing categories of LMIA exempt professions.

Please read more on Immigration Quebec website to find the suitable program for you, whether it is PEQ or regular skilled worker. You can even do an eligibility test.

Jim1111

Jan 22, 2018
Also, you need intermediate advanced level of French for PEQ program. Otherwise it is regular skilled worker program, in which CSQ takes at least 6 months or even more lately even for inland applicants. Also, I hope the position you've been offered is LMIA exempt and if it isnt, I hope your employer is aware of the paperwork they have to go through to hire a foreign worker! Only with CSQ you will be LMIA exempt within Quebec, unless your job falls in the existing categories of LMIA exempt professions.

Please read more on Immigration Quebec website to find the suitable program for you, whether it is PEQ or regular skilled worker. You can even do an eligibility test.
Thanks a lot for your reply.. But I heard that I can apply to "mon projet" directly and without waiting once I get a permanent contract position. Is this true, please?

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Thanks a lot for your reply.. But I heard that I can apply to "mon projet" directly and without waiting once I get a permanent contract position. Is this true, please?
Anyone can apply even immediately to the regular QSW program to get CSQ if they have enough points even without accumulating work experience in Quebec, and hold a work permit for at least 12 months. Still, having a job in itself will not facilitate the application once it is in process.

Jim1111

Jan 22, 2018
Anyone can apply even immediately to the regular QSW program to get CSQ if they have enough points even without accumulating work experience in Quebec, and hold a work permit for at least 12 months. Still, having a job in itself will not facilitate the application once it is in process.
I haven't apply yet in any program, as I will sign the contract by end of this month.
My question is: if I get the contract by end of month, can I apply directly to Federal Skilled Worker program, while I'm living in Montreal, and without obtaining CSQ? As I know in Federal Skilled Worker program the job contract may grant me half of the points directly

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
I haven't apply yet in any program, as I will sign the contract by end of this month.
My question is: if I get the contract by end of month, can I apply directly to Federal Skilled Worker program, while I'm living in Montreal, and without obtaining CSQ? As I know in Federal Skilled Worker program the job contract may grant me half of the points directly
No. If you intend to live in Montreal and have a permanent work offer for Montreal, you have to go through Quebec immigration programs. Quebec does not belong to Express Entry, and in order for you to apply Express Entry from Quebec, you need to be able to prove you will move out and reside in another province. That will be difficult if you have a permanent job in Montreal.