+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time to apply for BCPNP

Tzion

Dec 7, 2022
Hi friends! Can anyone help me clarifying application for BCPNP? Appreciate your kindness.

Transcript available: January 2022
Degree: B.S. in Biology & Immunology from UBC
Work experience: 8 months, under 3-year PGWP
Offer Letter: yes, permanent, with a life science firm in Greater Vancouver
Position: Manufacturing Technologist, Tier 2

My questions are:
1) When will be the best time for me to apply for BCPNP? If my points are not enough for latest draw by CIC, shall I still apply?
2)Does the application for BCPNP is one time? What about I have more points later?
3) Among 29 Eligible Occupations under BCPNP Tech, 2221 refers to Biological Technologist and Technicians. My major and work duties are very similar but my position is called Manufacturing Technologist at a life science firm. How do I know if my occupation matches this?

Really appreciated if anyone of you could enlighten me. Thanks!

artsan

Nov 9, 2020
Hi Tzion,

The first step is to register at the BC PNP portal to see your preliminary score. You'll have a better view of where you stand in comparison to current cutoff threshold(s).

1. There are two main steps: registration; and application. I think right now you are still at the registration stage - application comes later when you get an ITA from BCPNP portal to submit a formal application (with a fee). You can start earlier and see if your registration gets invited to apply, otherwise you can wait till you meet 1 year Canadian work experience to gain more points - since you're about 4 months away from that.

2. For applications, yes you can only have ONE application at any given time. There are a few BC PNP streams available so make sure you choose the correct/best one for your situation. Otherwise, you'll have to withdraw and re-submit.

3. Job duties are more important than the actual title I believe, the officer would want to see the job description match at least some of the ones listed in your specific NOC.

Reactions: SingAloud

SingAloud

Dec 10, 2022
Hi Tzion,

The first step is to register at the BC PNP portal to see your preliminary score. You'll have a better view of where you stand in comparison to current cutoff threshold(s).

1. There are two main steps: registration; and application. I think right now you are still at the registration stage - application comes later when you get an ITA from BCPNP portal to submit a formal application (with a fee). You can start earlier and see if your registration gets invited to apply, otherwise you can wait till you meet 1 year Canadian work experience to gain more points - since you're about 4 months away from that.

2. For applications, yes you can only have ONE application at any given time. There are a few BC PNP streams available so make sure you choose the correct/best one for your situation. Otherwise, you'll have to withdraw and re-submit.

3. Job duties are more important than the actual title I believe, the officer would want to see the job description match at least some of the ones listed in your specific NOC.
Hi Artsan! This is Tzion....I encountered some system error and had to re-register a name to log in. Thanks for your kind advice! Really helpful! I will work on it now. Pray for me please! I am a bit anxious as the draw points are getting very high now. Thank you Artsan!

SingAloud

Dec 10, 2022
Hi Tzion,

Hi Artsan, I see from your timeline that you are on your way. I will pray for you! You will soon get what you want! Cheers!

Reactions: artsan