+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time Spent Outside Canada - IMM 5444

amr1001

Feb 6, 2010
Hello,

I am seeking advice regarding the section "Time Spent Outside Canada" in my online PRTD application. I have some doubts on how to properly fill this out.

To illustrate, let's say I was not in Canada for a total of 300 days, during which time I traveled to five different countries. I'm uncertain whether I should enter a single line indicating 300 days of absence, or whether I should break it down into five separate entries, each showing the time spent in the respective countries, but still summing up to 300 days.

I would appreciate any clarification you could provide on this matter.

Best regards, Amr

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am seeking advice regarding the section "Time Spent Outside Canada" in my online PRTD application. I have some doubts on how to properly fill this out.

To illustrate, let's say I was not in Canada for a total of 300 days, during which time I traveled to five different countries. I'm uncertain whether I should enter a single line indicating 300 days of absence, or whether I should break it down into five separate entries, each showing the time spent in the respective countries, but still summing up to 300 days.

I would appreciate any clarification you could provide on this matter.

Best regards, Amr
You need to record trips as they occurred, not all-inclusive over the 5 year period that is being assessed for your PRTD application.

If you travelled to [wherever] and were gone for 28 days, just show the exit/entry dates and a list of the countries that you visited during that single absence. Do not list several trips (where you returned to Canada but then left again) as one line item.

The Guide for IMM 5444 shows an example of this.

Reactions: YVR123 and amr1001

bricksonly

Mar 18, 2018
The thing is to calculate outside days...doesn't matter you went to ABCD countries, for IRCC, they only care about your IN and Out of Canada.
However, in my case, I list all my travel, seperately, because some time I spent with my citizen family still qualify as living in Canada. That's the only reason you need to seperate your travels outside of Canada: days count and days not count.