+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time Running Out - TRV vs. Super Visa?

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My wife is due to give birth to our first child in the middle of May. We would really like for her mother to be here for the big day, however we have encountered some challenges obtaining a visa for her.

We applied for a TRV a little more than a month ago. My wife was an inland PR applicant at the time, and when we sent the TRV application to Bogota it was just before we got the good news that my wife would be landing as a PR. She successfully landed a week ago.

My mother in law is currently separated, not working, does not have a large amount of money and lives off the support that her children provide to her. I realize now that this is a big hill to climb with CIC. However, she does own her apartment, and all of her close relatives still live in Colombia, including her granddaughter and my wife's siblings.

I originally submitted the following documents from my end in support of the application
-Letter from Doctor confirming pregnancy and due date
-Photocopy of T4 slip (I'm confident that make enough to cover her expenses including airfare)
-Letter from my employer confirming salary and length of employment with the company (over 5 years)
-Invitation letter (not notarized) which admittedly lacked a detailed itinerary of what she would be doing for the 3 months stay that we requested, I thought it would be implied that she would spend time with the baby
-Copy of CIC correspondence confirming my wife's PR application
-Copy of my passport photo page and wife's passport photo page

The application was refused on the grounds of travel history, proof of funds to support the trip, proof of assets and employment situation. I am pretty certain that I can cover off the first 2 concerns, she has a 10 year US visa and has traveled once to the US and twice to chile in the past 5 years.

I don't want to screw up application number 2, and time is running out until the baby will be born. Now that my wife is a PR, should we try for the TRV again to try and get a quick approval, or should we apply for the super visa, which might take more time? Is there a lower burden as far as ties to home country and financial assets for Parent and Grandparent supervisa applicants? Does the super visa take significantly longer to approve with the medical check?

We are asking for 3 weeks instead of 3 months this time, I think that this was also a mistake. I am getting all my documents ready again and this time I am sending in a notarized invitation letter with an itinerary and which addresses the inadmissibility concerns, MY bank statements (showing $10k + available), my 2013 tax year notice of assessment from CRA, a sworn affidavit that I will be responsible for her during her stay and for her return, and my wife's confirmation of permanent residency, in addition to the other documents that I previously sent. Is there something that I'm missing?

I appreciate any and all advice that you may have on how to ensure that this application is successful, whether as a TRV or a super visa.

THANKS!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
steaky said:
Wouldn't he need the 2014 notice of assessment for that?
2014 T4 should suffice. But you're right, you cannot apply for SuperVisa with old NOA (2013).

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rossei said:
2014 T4 should suffice. But you're right, you cannot apply for SuperVisa with old NOA (2013).
hi guys, is 2014 NOA available on website?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nehamerchant said:
hi guys, is 2014 NOA available on website?
You would need to logon and check your account status with Revenue Canada:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/esrvc-srvce/tx/ndvdls/myccnt/bt-eng.html#q3

nehamerchant

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
steaky said:
Wouldn't he need the 2014 notice of assessment for that?
VAC Karachi says a candidate can even apply with employer letter. what you guys say??

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
nehamerchant said:
VAC Karachi says a candidate can even apply with employer letter. what you guys say??
Document Checklist says same although I wouldn't take the risk.