Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I just sent my application on Feb 26th am. The application was signed on dec 25th. This is 63 days.

What is the date that counts ?

1) the date you send the application
2) the date they receive it
3) the date they start processing

Thank you !
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/accepting-applications.html

My comment was based on the premise that you are deliberately obfuscating your current country of residence. I want to see what happens when IRCC find out.

pascastel

Jun 29, 2017
'Where the date on an application is more than three months old (90 calendar days) when received (staledated) or where the date is a date in the future (postdated), the application will be treated as if it is unsigned. An unsigned application is not a duly completed application and will be returned to the applicant.'

So.... answer 2) the date they receive it

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
'Where the date on an application is more than three months old (90 calendar days) when received (staledated) or where the date is a date in the future (postdated), the application will be treated as if it is unsigned. An unsigned application is not a duly completed application and will be returned to the applicant.'

So.... answer 2) the date they receive it
You will, of course, be updating IRCC of your new address details (Q7), as required by the declaration that you signed at the bottom of CIT-0002?

pascastel

Jun 29, 2017
There is something I don't quite understand here. On the CIT-0002 form, there is two addresses:
1) the address(es) where you lived during your eligibility period
2) the address where they should contact you regarding your citizenship application

Maybe I did not understood, but I do not see anywhere to write my current living address ?

That said, I can just send them an email I guess...

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
There is something I don't quite understand here. On the CIT-0002 form, there is two addresses:
1) the address(es) where you lived during your eligibility period
2) the address where they should contact you regarding your citizenship application

Maybe I did not understood, but I do not see anywhere to write my current living address ?

That said, I can just send them an email I guess...
I am guessing you are referring to items 10 and item 7, respectively, in the current application form. But you mischaracterize these.

In particular, the addresses to be listed are NOT limited to TWO, not by a long shot. Email address, HOME address, mailing address, AND ALL addresses at which the applicant has lived during the preceding five years need to be listed. We have seen some people report they have had to list as many as EIGHT or more addresses.

Thus, for example, if an applicant has a separate mailing address, that too is another address to list in addition to the "home address," which again is in addition to all other addresses lived at during the preceding five years (including addresses in countries other than Canada if the applicant lived outside Canada during the preceding FIVE years).

In particular:

Item 7 is titled "How can we contact you about your application?" But that is just the title.

As part of that item the applicant is asked to provide (1) an email address, (2)"home address (residence)," and (3) a mailing address. (BTW: That's THREE for just this item, without even going into the address history.)

Applicants who provide an email address and a separate mailing address will be contacted via the email address for most correspondence, but via the mailing address for certain correspondence only sent by mail.

BUT of course that applicant MUST still provide his or her "home address," that is the address of his or her RESIDENCE. Where the applicant lives.

Indeed, an applicant can enter N/A for an email address, and check the box "yes" that the mailing address is the same as the home address and leave the mailing address box blank (or enter N/A), and the application will be processed. Leave out your current HOME address, however, and it is almost certain the application will be returned as incomplete. N/A will not work for the home address box in item 7.

These are NOT trick questions.

pascastel

Jun 29, 2017
Hi ! Thank you for your message.
I back-tracked what happened and looked again at my application...

When I signed my form, at the end of december. I was leaving in Vancouver, and I did not have any address in Australia yet. So I put my address in Vancouver both as my mailing address and as my home address.
Since then, I changed my home address.
What is the best way to inform CIC of this home address change ?

Another funny thing !
I completed my form in French. And I just looked at the english version.
For exemple in section 13. 'immigration citizenship in any country other than canada, including your country of birth ?'
In English, you understand that you have to list you country of birth there.
In French, it is VERY clear that you don't put your country of birth there.
Weird !