+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line of getting csq after updating documents for intention of reject docs O

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Hi dearmilkyway,

Thanks for sharing the update.

This is exactly what I have been hearing about my case too. I have been always told that my file is waiting for a preliminary review since 13th July. I got my file no in June 2014 and have been waiting since then. Have got 2 intent to rejections meanwhile, but no clue of CSQ.

God knows when will they give us a decision.

By the way, when did you apply?

Thanks
Tarun.
My Current Timeline (Computer Science + MS Degree)
  • 2014 June - Completed documents and made the application
  • 2014 September 19th - (AoR) Card payment is done and got letter to home address
  • 2017 January 9th - Intent to Reject Letter
  • 2017 March - Files Updated
  • 2017 June 29th - Files Verified
Current - 2017 November - Waiting Preliminary Examination (36 Months)

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
My Current Timeline (Computer Science + MS Degree)
  • 2014 June - Completed documents and made the application
  • 2014 September 19th - (AoR) Card payment is done and got letter to home address
  • 2017 January 9th - Intent to Reject Letter
  • 2017 March - Files Updated
  • 2017 June 29th - Files Verified
Current - 2017 November - Waiting Preliminary Examination (36 Months)
Thanks,

Mine is a similar one, with a slight difference.

- 2014 March: Applied
- 2014 June: Received File no
- 2016 June: Received 1st intent to reject
- 2016 Aug: Sent updates, including docs of wife and son
- 2017 Jan: Called MIDI, got to know they had sent me an intent to reject in Oct 2016, which I never received
- 2017 April: Received 2nd intent to reject
- 2017 May: Sent all the requested documents
- 2017 July: waiting for preliminary review

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Thanks,

Mine is a similar one, with a slight difference.

- 2014 March: Applied
- 2014 June: Received File no
- 2016 June: Received 1st intent to reject
- 2016 Aug: Sent updates, including docs of wife and son
- 2017 Jan: Called MIDI, got to know they had sent me an intent to reject in Oct 2016, which I never received
- 2017 April: Received 2nd intent to reject
- 2017 May: Sent all the requested documents
- 2017 July: waiting for preliminary review
Yes, our timeline seems very close to each other. Possibly, MIDI will review our cases together.

• Do you know anyone whom got file number at 2014 with paper application and already got the CSQ ?
  • Most probably, I am going to marry after I get CSQ, at least this is my plan. So in this case; how to apply for Federal Application ?
    • Can I add my wife at my Federal Application process ?
    • Or should I need to wait till I get Permanent Residency ?
Regards.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
ppl
Yes, our timeline seems very close to each other. Possibly, MIDI will review our cases together.

• Do you know anyone whom got file number at 2014 with paper application and already got the CSQ ?
  • Most probably, I am going to marry after I get CSQ, at least this is my plan. So in this case; how to apply for Federal Application ?
Regards.
ppl r waiting from last 36 months and still no update....and mon projet only about 18 months passed its mean we have to wait more to get CSQ....

Reactions: shaggycoc

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016

Regards.
Yes, one of my friends who filed along with me in March 2014, got file no is June 2014. He directly got his CSQ in Sep 2016. Now he is done with his medicals and waiting for visa stamping.

I would suggest to hold on at least till you get your CSQ. You can look out for options to add wife in your federal process, but i guess still you would need to apply her CSQ. But, any which way, you can always take her along on a visitor visa and get it converted to work permit once you both are in Canada. I have seen many people doing this. Hope this helps!

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Yes, one of my friends who filed along with me in March 2014, got file no is June 2014. He directly got his CSQ in Sep 2016. Now he is done with his medicals and waiting for visa stamping.

I would suggest to hold on at least till you get your CSQ. You can look out for options to add wife in your federal process, but i guess still you would need to apply her CSQ. But, any which way, you can always take her along on a visitor visa and get it converted to work permit once you both are in Canada. I have seen many people doing this. Hope this helps!
Thanks Tarun. This was really helpful. My concerns are;
  • When to get CSQ ?
  • How to add my future wife to this process ?
Till now, no progress after 2014 September.

I am planning to call MIDI again and inform my current situation under this topic.

Reactions: ertarun

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Thanks Tarun. This was really helpful. My concerns are;
  • When to get CSQ ?
  • How to add my future wife to this process ?
Till now, no progress after 2014 September.

I am planning to call MIDI again and inform my current situation under this topic.
Dear Milkyway

I would highly say DO NOT add your wife at this point in time. You have already applied for last 3 years. 2014 applicants are hopeful to get their decisions latest in early 2018. In case you add your wife now:

1- Your points grid will change. You will now need 59 points to pass the preliminary review. I am not sure how much you score as on date.
2- Your file processing will be HIGHLY delayed. This is what happened to me when I updated my wife and son for CSQ. Its been 15 months, but no CSQ yet. I read somewhere that MIDI starts processing from scratch after updating spouse/kid.

Better is to get your individual CSQ before applying for the wife.

Feel free to send me a personal message and we can discuss.

Regards
Tarun.

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
any update guys? its terrible, entire 2017 is gone with no significant CSQs released :(

Thanks
Tarun.

Punia80536

Nov 28, 2017
Ontario required minimum 2 year study and 1 year experience to get eligible for PR but in Montreal, QC, I heard that one can get PR only after 6 months of study.

Reactions: ertarun

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Ontario required minimum 2 year study and 1 year experience to get eligible for PR but in Montreal, QC, I heard that one can get PR only after 6 months of study.
Thats something good to know. Honestly, I wasn't aware of this difference. But, the only struggle will be adjusting to a french predominant area.

cheers
Tarun

Saramma

Dec 2, 2017
Hi ,
I got file no on october 2014 and updation done on September 2016.till now no updates.am worried whether i will get csq or not.please can some one guide me.