+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Hi. Anyone received their PR card recently?
It has been 4 weeks since my ECOPR but I haven’t received the card yet.

Raya17

Jan 20, 2022
Hi. Anyone received their PR card recently?
It has been 4 weeks since my ECOPR but I haven’t received the card yet.
[/QUO

Its been more than 2 months since i submitted my credentials via portal, they didn't send neither my ECOPR nor my PR card. Anyone received their PR card with out getting their ECOPR first ?

LandofLivingSkies

Star Member
Sep 11, 2021
I would submit a web form and ask them for the latest update, at least for eCOPR, normally eCOPR is issued the following week or two after creating the account on PR Portal, (If you are in Canada at the moment).

Raya17

Jan 20, 2022
I would submit a web form and ask them for the latest update, at least for eCOPR, normally eCOPR is issued the following week or two after creating the account on PR Portal, (If you are in Canada at the moment).
Yes I am, i have been trying to reach them pout via, webform, email etc.. but nothing. I know people who received their ECOPR within days.

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
Yes I am, i have been trying to reach them pout via, webform, email etc.. but nothing. I know people who received their ECOPR within days.
Right now everything is slow. Have patience and it will come

shumailaazeem3

Apr 28, 2021
The pilot program for processing both applications yours and your husband's at the same time? If it is, both applications will be done here by IRCC and you don't have to deal with visa office waiting and going back and forth.
If I had the choice, I would've done that
Thank you so much!

Safoo

Star Member
Jun 5, 2021
Hello I received a decision made since 1 month ago and till now I didn't receive any portal invitation is that normal? And i did an account without getting invitation is that the reason of the delay ?

ruhgyu

Jan 31, 2022
Hi,

I am PR, I applied through refugee process. I was recently informed my citizenship application of a third country(not my country of origin, not Canada) was approved and I need to come and receive it. I lived in this third country for few years before I came to Canada and sought asylum. During my stay I did send citizenship application through some special program but the chances were very low and I thought it would never work, and came to Canada the moment I had.

But now after 5years, when I completely forgot about it, they approved it somehow.

My question is, me getting this citizenship while being a “refugee PR” affect my PR or Canada citizenship process later?

I know I am supposed to say in my pr application if I have any residency elsewhere and I said no, because when I did my PR application I did not have residency or news of becoming citizen of that third country.

Should report it to Canadian government?

I am aware of the 3 year during 5 year rule. Is there a strict rule of PR to not get citizenship of other countries while being PR in Canada?

If you guys can, please let me know of any other threads who can help me here.

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
Hi,

I am PR, I applied through refugee process. I was recently informed my citizenship application of a third country(not my country of origin, not Canada) was approved and I need to come and receive it. I lived in this third country for few years before I came to Canada and sought asylum. During my stay I did send citizenship application through some special program but the chances were very low and I thought it would never work, and came to Canada the moment I had.

But now after 5years, when I completely forgot about it, they approved it somehow.

My question is, me getting this citizenship while being a “refugee PR” affect my PR or Canada citizenship process later?

I know I am supposed to say in my pr application if I have any residency elsewhere and I said no, because when I did my PR application I did not have residency or news of becoming citizen of that third country.

Should report it to Canadian government?

I am aware of the 3 year during 5 year rule. Is there a strict rule of PR to not get citizenship of other countries while being PR in Canada?

If you guys can, please let me know of any other threads who can help me here.
Your question is highly technical and I would advise you seek the advice of an immigration attorney. However, I think you will run foul of the rules if you take up citizenship of another country now. It would mean that you have sought protection of another country and do not necessarily need Canada’s protection. They will likely seek to revoke your PR. This is my personal opinion though.

racheelnaeem

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hello I received a decision made since 1 month ago and till now I didn't receive any portal invitation is that normal? And i did an account without getting invitation is that the reason of the delay ?
I did the same now I'm confused. I think we should send them email again to get invitation.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Your question is highly technical and I would advise you seek the advice of an immigration attorney. However, I think you will run foul of the rules if you take up citizenship of another country now. It would mean that you have sought protection of another country and do not necessarily need Canada’s protection. They will likely seek to revoke your PR. This is my personal opinion though.
Question is not highly technical, It is ground for cessation.
12.5.5. Paragraph 108(1)(c) - Acquisition of a new nationality
https://irb.gc.ca/en/legal-policy/legal-concepts/Pages/RefDef12.aspx#n1222