+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Muiz9

Nov 21, 2020
What information was provided on your Eligibility letter with regards your dependents?
I have dependants on my Eligibility letter and I sent their application 4 months ago at the DAR ES SALAAM office as requested by IRCC, so I don't receive feedback until now. I don't know it takes how long,,

Reactions: Abtols

Muiz9

Nov 21, 2020
I guess if your dependents in Canada, then their names would have been included in your ecopr. But since they’re outland, then there they’ll get a separate copr from the visa office when their processing is completed.
Thank you for replying, I understand now

Muiz9

Nov 21, 2020
I think the dependents will get theirs from the visa office in the country where they are. However there’s still some processing to be done on their case. Their file should be transferred to the visa office in their area. However, it would take about one year for them to join you. Good luck.
Thank you for clarifying everything

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Thank you for clarifying everything
it does not necessarily take a year for your family to get here. It depends on the visa office that is processing their application. I have seen people here in the forum have their family here in Canada in 2-4 months after the principal applicant get the CoPR

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
it does not necessarily take a year for your family to get here. It depends on the visa office that is processing their application. I have seen people here in the forum have their family here in Canada in 2-4 months after the principal applicant get the CoPR
You’re right but the timeline by IRCC is one year. It could be less or more depending. It’s just like the timeline for processing PR for protected persons (presently 22 months) but their PR can be finalized in less or more than 22 months.

Reactions: Muiz9 and Sakr77

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
I have dependants on my Eligibility letter and I sent their application 4 months ago at the DAR ES SALAAM office as requested by IRCC, so I don't receive feedback until now. I don't know it takes how long,,
It usually takes a while with dependents outside Canada. My American daughter just got her ecopr today(long after the other children who got theirs as protected persons; she wasn't included as a protected person) though her processing started same time as the spouse outside Canada, whose application went to Accra office.

Qusar

Oct 3, 2021
Hello everyone, I applied in January 2020. Even though it has been 10 months, I only got the Temporary application number in April. Are there people like me who applied 10 months ago and did not receive any progress?

AlexInCan

Nov 17, 2020
The status for the PR application has just changed from "in process" to "Application Received". What does this change mean?