+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
When your background started and when you submit rcmp report?
Are you from saudia Arabia?
On my account it is showing that background not yet started, but the agent told me " background in process " , I did not receive any instructions for rcmp , I think agents also doesn't have much information .
I'm from india

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
On my account it is showing that background not yet started, but the agent told me " background in process " , I did not receive any instructions for rcmp , I think agents also doesn't have much information .
I'm from india
on my linked account it says:
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
but i did not receive a request for any police certificates yet.

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
You don't always get a request for police certificate. I lived in the US for two years. I was not asked for FBI clearance nor for RCMP fingerprints, yet my GCMS notes show that RCMP fingerprint tracing was done for me as well as information sharing with the US. I got my ecopr few days ago. June 2019 applicant.

Reactions: Abtols

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
You don't always get a request for police certificate. I lived in the US for two years. I was not asked for FBI clearance nor for RCMP fingerprints, yet my GCMS notes show that RCMP fingerprint tracing was done for me as well as information sharing with the US. I got my ecopr few days ago. June 2019 applicant.
i lived in 3 different countries for over 6 months before coming to Canada so they will probably ask me for police certificates. Congrats on your PR!

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Background check
Did you receive any msg or updated the time when they started your background check

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
nope.. what does it say exactly on your account about background check?
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
according to many people on this forum, the online account is not always updated. So probably your background check has already started as mentioned by the agent.

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
according to many people on this forum, the online account is not always updated. So probably your background check has already started as mentioned by the agent.
I hope so .
Nowdays Generally how long does it take for them to DM after medical passed

Last edited:

Applicant399

Feb 14, 2018
Finally.
COPR
Application: Feb 2020
Processing started: Feb 2021
Additional Doc: Mar 2021
AIP: MAY 2021
Additional Doc: May 2021
Eligibility: Aug 13, 2021
COPR: Aug 16, 2021
Congratulations
You application was online and also you have dependants from back home.??

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
i lived in 3 different countries for over 6 months before coming to Canada so they will probably ask me for police certificates. Congrats on your PR!
Probably yes. Sometimes they do not ask for FBI clearance and also RCMP. But they most likely ask for any other country. Right.

Mursal Waheed

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
Hi
I got invitation to pre arrival invitation although they required police certificate and i have not provided yet the deadline for the certificate is 7th October its under process
Anyone knows what is pre arrival invitation

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I tried checking online again and now it says the processing started on September 9th and medicals received. I don’t know how they received medicals. I didn’t send it. What should I check on this application portal?
That's because the medical examination that you did when you first entered Canada is still valid.

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019