+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Hi everyone. Has anyone ever applied for a police certificate from Poland? When applying online, the form asks for the “scope” of the criminal record you are requesting. Not sure what I should write there. Thanks.

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Hi everyone. Has anyone ever applied for a police certificate from Poland? When applying online, the form asks for the “scope” of the criminal record you are requesting. Not sure what I should write there. Thanks.
They asked you for a police certificate after a decision was made on your application? This is weird

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
Opytaj na generic

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
no worries then. They just started processing the applications of jan and feb applicants this month. they should start processing your applications soon then you will be able to see it on ecas and link it to your account.
Hi. How do you know that they started processing jan, feb 2021 applications this month?
I applied on Jan 29th 2021, received Acknowledgment of Receipt in April but nothing since then. I wonder when they will start processing mine.

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Hi. How do you know that they started processing jan, feb 2021 applications this month?
I applied on Jan 29th 2021, received Acknowledgment of Receipt in April but nothing since then. I wonder when they will start processing mine.
I know based on the posts from Jan applicants here in the forum.. have you tried checking your status online using your UCI?

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Guys please share the steps/procedures ircc follows for the pr applications for protected person,
Do they start background check in the last step

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
the processing of your application should start soon based on the posts in the forum. You can post here asking who has the same timeline as yours so you can compare.
I tried checking online again and now it says the processing started on September 9th and medicals received. I don’t know how they received medicals. I didn’t send it. What should I check on this application portal?

Mursal Waheed

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
I tried checking online again and now it says the processing started on September 9th and medicals received. I don’t know how they received medicals. I didn’t send it. What should I check on this application portal?
As protected person We do medical when we first do refugee claim if u didnt travel outside Canada that’s valid for two years

Unicornicaaa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2021
Vancouver
Category........
Other
Hello everyone, hope everything goes well for all.
3 weird issues happened to me which have been made me too confused. please guide me if you have any information or experiences through these problems.

I'm August 2020 Applicant and here is my timeline which is displayed in ECAS:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 27, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on June 27, 2021.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 16, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
1- at 4th step I got an email to pay biometric (fingerprint and photograph) fee.

Dear **** ****:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence. On July 31st, 2018, biometrics (fingerprints and a photograph) became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. Your application was received on or after July 31st, 2018. After a summary review of your application, it was determined that requirement applies to you. In order for IRCC to process your application, you must complete/submit the following to this office by 2021/08/16 (formatted as “year/month/day”):

Payment of Biometric Fees
1. You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and a printer.
2. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
3. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
4. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”.
5. Select the fee that applies to your application. Note: “If you qualify for the “family” or “groups of performing artists” rates, only enter “1” into the ‘Quantity’.
6. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
7. Once completed, send the payment receipt via one of the following method:
 For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugeescitizenship/services/application/account.html o If you applied via the IRCC Portal, you cannot use this option.
 If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via IRCC webform at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Actually I did biometric in 2018 before coming to Canada! I don't know why should I repay biometric fee again. I Paid this fee anyway and sent the receipt by Webform to them on on 2021/07/16.

2- Yesterday, after 2 months I got these email to provide them the payment receipt! which I sent them before. It utterly make me mad and disappointed because I did it 3 month ago. I sent the requested documents again last night for the second time!

This is the email I got:
Dear **** **** :
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected
Persons class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must
complete/submit the following to this office:
********** / **** ****: (UCI number/Name)
> Payment Receipt: Payment Receipt Biometrics - Second Request. This must be
received at this office by: 2021/10/15
All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within the
timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or
all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other
reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will
be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your
application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to
your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.
Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following
method:
1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
• If you applied via the IRCC Portal, you cannot use this option.
2. If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via IRCC
webform at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

3- I have tried many times to link my application to gckey, but i got this message every time that they could not find my application. I provide the correct information but have no success yet. I talked to an IRCC agent, he told me i have not any lawyer o representative on my application and there are many of us that could not link application to gckey!

Now I want to know, is it a part of normal processing? Why should I pay biometric fee again? is this biometric fee for something like PCC/Background check or etc.? or is this fee for my abroad dependent?
Did you guys pay biometric fee again?
Are there anyone with same experience on linking application to gckey account?

Your kind assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Mursal Waheed

Star Member
Dec 16, 2019
One
Hello everyone, hope everything goes well for all.
3 weird issues happened to me which have been made me too confused. please guide me if you have any information or experiences through these problems.

I'm August 2020 Applicant and here is my timeline which is displayed in ECAS:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 27, 2020.
  2. We started processing your application on June 27, 2021.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on July 16, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
1- at 4th step I got an email to pay biometric (fingerprint and photograph) fee.

Dear **** ****:
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence. On July 31st, 2018, biometrics (fingerprints and a photograph) became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. Your application was received on or after July 31st, 2018. After a summary review of your application, it was determined that requirement applies to you. In order for IRCC to process your application, you must complete/submit the following to this office by 2021/08/16 (formatted as “year/month/day”):

Payment of Biometric Fees
1. You can pay immigration fees online with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card if you have access to a computer with an Internet connection, Adobe Acrobat Reader software, and a printer.
2. This fee must be paid at the following link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/.
3. Click “Continue” at the bottom of the first page.
4. Select “Immigration” then under “Other immigration services”, select “Biometrics”.
5. Select the fee that applies to your application. Note: “If you qualify for the “family” or “groups of performing artists” rates, only enter “1” into the ‘Quantity’.
6. Click “Submit” and complete payment.
7. Once completed, send the payment receipt via one of the following method:
 For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugeescitizenship/services/application/account.html o If you applied via the IRCC Portal, you cannot use this option.
 If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via IRCC webform at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Actually I did biometric in 2018 before coming to Canada! I don't know why should I repay biometric fee again. I Paid this fee anyway and sent the receipt by Webform to them on on 2021/06/16.

2- Yesterday, after 3 months I got these email to provide them the payment receipt! which I sent them befure. It utterly make me mad and disappointed because I did it 3 month ago. I sent the requested documents again last night for the second time!

This is the email I got:
Dear **** **** :
This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected
Persons class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must
complete/submit the following to this office:
********** / **** ****: (UCI number/Name)
> Payment Receipt: Payment Receipt Biometrics - Second Request. This must be
received at this office by: 2021/10/15
All requested documents/information and a copy of this letter must be submitted within the
timeframes specified above (formatted as “year/month/day”). If you are unable to provide any or
all of the requested documents/information, please explain why they are not available. No other
reminder will be sent to you. If you fail to provide the requested information, your application will
be assessed on the basis of the information that we have which may result in the refusal of your
application for permanent residence. Should this occur, no further consideration will be given to
your request for permanent residence unless a new application, including fees, is submitted.
Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following
method:
1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
• If you applied via the IRCC Portal, you cannot use this option.
2. If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via IRCC
webform at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

3- I have tried may times to link my application to gckey, but i got this message every time that they could not find my application. I provide the correct information but have no success yet. I talked to and IRCC agent, he told me i have not any lawyer o representative on my application and there are may of us that could not link application to gckey!

Now I want to know, is it a part of normal processing? Why should I pay biometric fee again? is this biometric fee for something like PCC/Background check or etc.? or is this fee for my abroad dependent?
Did you guys pay biometric fee again?
Are there anyone with same experience on linking application to gckey account?

Your kind assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
One agent helped me to link my application in number of applicant he told me to write one and i did which helped me link my app