+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Did your background completed?
I don't know. In my account it says background is still in process. However, we checked my friend's account before he got approval letter, his background was still in process. After he sent his photo and proof of address, and after these were approved, his account bar completed to 100% and background section was saying his background completed at a 6 months ago. So I can understand that when they complete background they don't update on account until you are fully approved and get your COPR.

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Anyone who did not get any response for your application, did you have any problems on medical, background or document problems like unreadable documents, unsigned documents? Or being lawyer on application and taking them off from application effects the processing time?

My passport is not clear because I copied the passport page that IRCC gave me when applying, because I don't have a passport in my possession. IRCC copy of passport was terrible and hard to see the information on passport. But ID card from home country is pretty clear because I scanned and copied it, it was in my possession. Maybe that copy of passport makes it problem?

M.Z

Star Member
Dec 23, 2020
March 2019 applicant and my application is dead in the water with no hope in sight. All over a sudden, the IRCC is reallocating their already strained resources to deal with the Afghani crisis which is an emerging problem, and before that, there was Covid which if you add to the equation it means that applications will take another century to be finalized. But I should rest assured they are processing my application and if they need anything they will contact me. 30 months and counting. With this level of effort, maybe I will need another 20 to 30 months to smell the eCOPR. Rock on Canada!
Same thing with me I applied on 1 March 2019 still no DM nothing. Priority wise we are at end of the list.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
yes, but you will need to return your RTD
Thank you . My RTD is expired already so thought instead of RTD should I apply for Certificate of identity? As I am PR now will this help me better than RTD in terms of getting visa for other country to travel ? Or RTD and CofI is same ?

Sunny.mjd

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Since Dec 2018 you haven't heard anything for your application? What is your home country? I am Apr 2020 applicant and I don't have anything. My friend who applied in September 2020 got his E-confirmation portal credentials.
I am from Pakistan, got married here in 2019. The last I heard from them was in May 2021 to submit my ID copy and passport again, after that no updates. Still processing background I guess.

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Yes submitted my PR application in 2018. But I got married in 2019, and added my spouse. Because of covid they never added him to my file. Had to submit documents again and they started processing in 2020 Nov. They asked for pcc in January 2021, after that no update at all
Did they ask for your pcc and your spouse pcc at the same time?