+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

JANET121

Jun 30, 2020
Or maybe you chose one airline to flight to your home country!! If so,they can easily track you.imo
i just got email from my lawyer if they hold any documents and issue you seizure paper then big problem revoked your status without listen anything

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
Then why say that the CBSA officer is horrible if it’s your mistake? Going back to your home country where you allegedly fear persecution will definitely result in the vacation of your refugee status and PR. I’m sorry for that but you should know better.
I agree

Reactions: Abtols

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
So after they received your document did they update your GC account?
Yes.
It was the only document holding back my application. We got Eligibility three weeks after acknowledgment of receipt mail, then mail to confirm address and post pictures 3days after that.

Last edited:

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Yes.
It was the only document holding back my application. We got Eligibility three weeks after acknowledgment of receipt mail, then mail to confirm address and post pictures 3days after that.
That's great eligibility after three weeks .
Can you please share your time line

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
That's great eligibility after three weeks .
Can you please share your time line
"Yes.
It was the only document holding back my application. We got Eligibility three weeks after acknowledgment of receipt mail, then mail to confirm address and post pictures 3days after that."

Let me make this clearer:

Yes.
It was the only document holding back my application. We got Eligibility three weeks after IRCC sent acknowledgment of receipt email, then IRCC sent us email to confirm address and post pictures 3days after that.

Processing didn't take 3weeks. It took 6months because there was an error in the way the timeline was was written for my spouse, so missed the 3month window. That error led to request for FBI clearance, which was the document submitted.

Mailed application: Feb 2020
AOR: FEB 2021
FIngerprints FOR DEPENDENT: MARCH 2021
AIP AND R.A.D(FBI clearance): MAY 2021

We sent an explanation with stamped passport pages to explain the oversight in timeline. They sent acknowledgement of receipt email but they sent another email asking for FBI clearance again.
RAD(FBI clearance): June 2021
Took a month to get the FBI clearance. Sent the soft copy immediately we got it via webform. They sent acknowledgment of receipt a few days after. This was in June.
Eligibility and Invite to portal: August 13-16, 2021.

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
March 2019 applicant and my application is dead in the water with no hope in sight. All over a sudden, the IRCC is reallocating their already strained resources to deal with the Afghani crisis which is an emerging problem, and before that, there was Covid which if you add to the equation it means that applications will take another century to be finalized. But I should rest assured they are processing my application and if they need anything they will contact me. 30 months and counting. With this level of effort, maybe I will need another 20 to 30 months to smell the eCOPR. Rock on Canada!

Reactions: M.Z and Samer88

nsy1980

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
March 2019 applicant and my application is dead in the water with no hope in sight. All over a sudden, the IRCC is reallocating their already strained resources to deal with the Afghani crisis which is an emerging problem, and before that, there was Covid which if you add to the equation it means that applications will take another century to be finalized. But I should rest assured they are processing my application and if they need anything they will contact me. 30 months and counting. With this level of effort, maybe I will need another 20 to 30 months to smell the eCOPR. Rock on Canada!
No not 20 or 30,after covid and Afghanistan,maybe be will come another virus and 4more broken countries to think of then you will be out for 80months..! Crazy huh?keep the faith…we are in same boat..lets keep on moving forward

Samer88

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Mine is March 5, 2019
They do file review every 3/4 months!
My third review after I got the eligibility will be October 31

Sunny.mjd

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
Dec 2018 applicant here. I feel the same. Tried contacting my phone but they said handling only Afghan crisis, send a webform enquiry, did that got same reply that dealing with Afghan crisis. I guess now no way to find out what stage application is at.

Reactions: Alikhan115674

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Dec 2018 applicant here. I feel the same. Tried contacting my phone but they said handling only Afghan crisis, send a webform enquiry, did that got same reply that dealing with Afghan crisis. I guess now no way to find out what stage application is at.
Since Dec 2018 you haven't heard anything for your application? What is your home country? I am Apr 2020 applicant and I don't have anything. My friend who applied in September 2020 got his E-confirmation portal credentials.