+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Mohamed E.

May 13, 2021
I have DM on ecas but CIC account still shows Background check. I got portal invite already and submitted photos and address. It's clearly mentioned when you get the portal invite that your application is being finalized. Dunno what the hell is going on.
What is ECAS stand for?
And what is the difference between ECAS account and CIC account?

Thank You!

Tamiou

Feb 5, 2021
J'attends depuis 27 mois. Pourquoi moi j'attends depuis le 21 juillet alors?
Les amis les voies de IRCC sont impénétrables. J'ai écrit pour demander pourquoi je n'ai pas encore reçu et voici l'essentiel du message qu'on m'a envoyé
Bonjour xxx xxx,

Merci d'avoir communiqué avec Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC).

Nous avons vérifié l'information que vous avez fournie et pouvons confirmer que votre demande est toujours en traitement.

Nous comprenons que votre compte en ligne indique qu'une décision a été prise. Puisqu'une lettre officielle n'a pas encore été envoyée, l'état de votre demande reste en cours.

Et Covid bla bla bla

Whiskey2020

Apr 8, 2020
I called them today and the agent told me I went through everything and my file is almost complete, including the background check, the security part remains and my file is in processing. I also understood from him that security is part of the background check, but I don't know how long it takes.
2019/9
How do you get them on the phone because when I call the computer doesn't even allow me to speak to anyone and it just say that they not able to connect me with an agent and drop.

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
So you know when u login to cic you ll see “application/Profile updated” but when u open it there’s nothing.. usually it’s a good sign fingers crossed
I can see this once a week. If you have more applications there you can click on another one and you will see same msg. Remove cookies, delete history and refresh the page. All will be normal.

Adam1968

Jun 16, 2021
Hello all,
I want someone to guide me. I received on 30 July conformation permanent residence portal to provide the name UCI date of entry to Canada and port of entry. I replied on the same day and from that I did not hear anything from them. In this form, I have noticed a link to create an account for permanent residence confirmation. Just now I was checking this account I see our names beside each person's UCI number. Is this an alternative for the log in credentials email which I was waiting to receive?
Will they not send me a second email to upload the address and photos ?
Can anyone please guide me on what to do because I am very confused.

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Hello all,
I want someone to guide me. I received on 30 July conformation permanent residence portal to provide the name UCI date of entry to Canada and port of entry. I replied on the same day and from that I did not hear anything from them. In this form, I have noticed a link to create an account for permanent residence confirmation. Just now I was checking this account I see our names beside each person's UCI number. Is this an alternative for the log in credentials email which I was waiting to receive?
Will they not send me a second email to upload the address and photos ?
Can anyone please guide me on what to do because I am very confused.
Even I’m waiting for login details since July 31st .. wait so where did you see all of this ? In GcKey? I don’t understand did you get an update on your profile?

Adam1968

Jun 16, 2021
Even I’m waiting for login details since July 31st .. wait so where did you see all of this ? In GcKey? I don’t understand did you get an update on your profile?
It’s not in the GCKey account. Previously I created account in permanent residence portal and today I noticed that they have added all our members on my account and I uploaded the address and photos and submitted for all.
Now it shows review by IRCC

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
It’s not in the GCKey account. Previously I created account in permanent residence portal and today I noticed that they have added all our members on my account and I uploaded the address and photos and submitted for all.
Now it shows review by IRCC
Wow thank you so much! I created an account before now I saw this as well and I submitted my address and photo ! Thank you so much

Gemini7583

Oct 10, 2019
Good morning guys. Yesterday I received a ghost update and i just checked my ecas it says decision made but nothing in the gckey