+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
How can I call ? I've tried to call with my number and I couldnt reach them . Do I have to be inside Canada to call them? thks
I would assume so. This is how it works for me and mine:

-Call +1 888 242 2100
It will read out a lot of stuff for about 2 mins
-Press 1 to provide UCI number
-Press 1 to confirm if the number provided is correct
-Press 1
-Press 1
-Press 2
- Choose corresponding number your application alphabet starts with
- Enter application number
-Press 1 to confirm correct application number
-Enter birth year
-Press 1 to confirm correct birth year
-Press 1 to check status of application

Hope this helps.

cet

Star Member
Mar 31, 2021
(after PR approval )Does anyone know that where we should submit overseas dependant documents to overseas VO or IRCC Canada ?

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I’m September 2019 application bar shows 83% AIP received in December 2020 after that no update.
I think they would be waiting for ur security which is final step. Have u tried calling them.

canadian23

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hello fellow applicants, today I received a message from IRCC stating the following:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

My medical has also been updated today.

Does anyone know what does this all mean and if it is a good thing or not?

For context, I am March 2019 applicant. Last request/update before today was in October 2019. On my online account (police clearance certificate request), I still didn't pass eligibility, security, or criminality.

Please let me know what you think.
Reassessment takes more time but just pray they pick your file on time. It has happened to brother before.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Reassessment takes more time but just pray they pick your file on time. It has happened to brother before.
It seems strange reassessment means some issue with eligibility I guess.

canadian23

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
It seems strange reassessment means some issue with eligibility I guess.
Not really, there might be something that the case officer didn't understand and needs more experienced or senior officer to assess and make decisions on it. In that case, they always transfer the file close to applicant's local office. This is my view only.

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Sharif4386

Oct 24, 2020
I got my decision letter on 31-Mar through which my file is transferred to Etobicoke office. On 12 April, I received an email from London VO asking for my wife's fingerprints, proof of communication, evidence of financial support along with a couple of forms to be submitted within 60 days. In one of the forms it asks if I am a PR, which I am obviously not until I get a confirmation of my CoPR from Etobicoke office. Now could someone let me know how long does it take for etobicoke office to issue CoPR after Approval letter? In case it takes more than 60 days, what is your advice as I need to submit the requested docs to London VO within 60 days! looking forward to your insights!

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Further assessment not reassessment. I think there's a big difference. I called IRCC the next day I received this email and I was told that I passed eligibility. I indicated in a previous post that I am in contact with my MP and I am assuming that my file has been given a push in response to the MP's efforts. I've requested the GCMS notes to make sure that I know why the file has been transferred. I was also told by the MP's office that Quebec has the jurisdiction to choose who immigrates to Quebec or gets permanent status so the reason could be that they want to sort this out with Quebec. Anyways, the notes will tell.

Last edited:

amer1603

Apr 26, 2021
Hello fellow applicants,

in March 27, 2021:I passed the medical exam.

in March 30, 2021: Eligibility Passed

in April 07, 2021 I received a message from IRCC stating the following:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.
In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:
> CV/Resume: A document containing a description of your education, qualifications, and experience. Please describe, in detail, your roles and responsibilities for each unique employment.

I sent my Resume and documents 20 days ago ,no answer until now , Does anybody know How long will it take to i get The DCM

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Hello everyone i got my DM this morning, june 2019 applicant, now waiting montreal office to send copr. it has been 23 months, will see how long it will take to receive copr.
they requested rcmp finger prints and military details from me on march 2020, eligibility passed 10th december 2020, medicals passed 23th april 2021, DM 26th april 2021.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello everyone i got my DM this morning, june 2019 applicant, now waiting montreal office to send copr. it has been 23 months, will see how long it will take to receive copr.
they requested rcmp finger prints and military details from me on march 2020, eligibility passed 10th december 2020, medicals passed 23th april 2021, DM 26th april 2021.
Hope you get it soon.

Reactions: Newcomer87

mustafababiker

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hello fellow applicants,

in March 27, 2021:I passed the medical exam.

in March 30, 2021: Eligibility Passed

in April 07, 2021 I received a message from IRCC stating the following:

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:
> CV/Resume: A document containing a description of your education, qualifications, and experience. Please describe, in detail, your roles and responsibilities for each unique employment.

I sent my Resume and documents 20 days ago ,no answer until now , Does anybody know How long will it take to i get The DCM
My friend got the DM after 8 weeks after he submitted his resume.