+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
my wife, i have 2 small children abroad
Thanks for replying.
Did you apply for your spouse same time as yourself, assuming her application is running concurrently alongside your application, or, at what point did they start processing their application? Thanks.

Glidag

Apr 1, 2021
Cevabınız için teşekkürler.
Başvurunuzla birlikte eşzamanlı olarak çalıştığını varsayarak eşiniz için kendinizle aynı zamanda mı başvurdunuz veya başvurularını hangi noktada işleme koymaya başladılar? Teşekkürler.
I applied at the same time

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on February 10, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 21, 2021.
  3. We started processing your application on January 20, 2021.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on February 11, 2021. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
I had received the same letter in january 2020 and my file transferred to my local ircc london ontario office. This is part of normal processing. Dont worry. This is just to divide workload. However, u will have to wait a bit more than other applicants as local offices are slower. My application still in london ontario office with everything including security complete but no final decision. I am july 2018 applicant.
Thanks for your reply and really sorry you are going through this.

Did you try talking to your MP about your case. If yes, what did he/she say? Are you sure that this is the only condition under which a central processing office sends an application to a local office? In my case, my file has been sitting still for almost 1.7 year. I contacted my MP recently, who in turn, contacted immigration and kinda pushed them to finalize my file. So not sure if the letter I received today came in response to the MP's efforts or just the start of a new struggle.

Last edited:

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hello fellow applicants, today I received a message from IRCC stating the following:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

My medical has also been updated today.

Does anyone know what does this all mean and if it is a good thing or not?

For context, I am March 2019 applicant. Last request/update before today was in October 2019. On my online account (police clearance certificate request), I still didn't pass eligibility, security, or criminality.

Please let me know what you think.
You are almost there

Reactions: Adamdear

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
I had received the same letter in january 2020 and my file transferred to my local ircc london ontario office. This is part of normal processing. Dont worry. This is just to divide workload. However, u will have to wait a bit more than other applicants as local offices are slower. My application still in london ontario office with everything including security complete but no final decision. I am july 2018 applicant.
Have u not contacted your local mp. It’s so long and unfortunate. What I learnt from process in Canada that most things depends on who is looking into ur file and his / her personal discretion

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
No- but I call IRCC 2 times in last two months the agent told me everything is passed only waiting for security check it is under process not sure how long
Inshallah. You will hear good news soon. Brother to be honest none of us have control on what is happening and it’s weird that there is no queue or FIFO system. The only thing is if your officer is efficient he can finish quickly that’s all

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
No- but I call IRCC 2 times in last two months the agent told me everything is passed only waiting for security check it is under process not sure how long
my friend...im so tired of that.i even stopped checking the status of application since its a waste of time. My in-canada dependent left country (because of the covid restrictions, he is unable to work and we barely cover expenses) until the decision will be made. The whole process of reviewing In-Canada PR applications turned out to be an extremely unfair biased procedure. I wish us and all "forgotten" applicant from 2018 and 2019 all the best of luck :)

• Sad
Reactions: Amraneka and Help2

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
I have a question. Has anyone checked their GCMS notes and the security due date has passed and still not started ?
I had it 2 or 3 months ago. And based on the latest GCMS and logical calculations my security was completed in 12-16 days.Pending decision on application

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
I had it 2 or 3 months ago. And based on the latest GCMS and logical calculations my security was completed in 12-16 days.Pending decision on application
Sorry when was the due date for your security assessment on GCMS notes?

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Sorry when was the due date for your security assessment on GCMS notes?
btw you asked about contacting MP...I contacted him yesterday...should reply within 7 days with update...we'll see. I have a feeling that its a useless process and he will just copy-paste data from my CAS lol

Reactions: Help2

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
btw you asked about contacting MP...I contacted him yesterday...should reply within 7 days with update...we'll see. I have a feeling that its a useless process and he will just copy-paste data from my CAS lol
Yeah I don’t actually know if it’s useful or not .. but it’s worth the try. Where did you find your MP and did you email them?