+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibility
  • August 19, 2020 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • August 17, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • August 19, 2020 We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • August 17, 2020 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • August 19, 2020 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
@mimika I am not expert bit by reading recent reviews on this forum for last few weeks I am hoping this , moreover ircc started doing digitization of the documents and remove the interview and extended medical process from most of the case which causing making decisions faster for the officers .
I said 4 hrs coz I msg at 12.30 and most of ircc office and officials works till 5 pm
Rest case to case depends

Last edited:

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
@mimika I am not expert bit by reading recent reviews on this forum for last few weeks I am hoping this , moreover ircc started doing digitization of the documents and remove the interview and extended medical process from most of the case which causing making decisions faster for the officers .
I said 4 hrs coz I msg at 12.30 and most of ircc office and officials works till 5 pm
Rest case to case depends
Oh yea it would be great if they can render decisions within short time frame because my eligibility and medical passed 5 months ago, and my everything else (criminality security background) 1,5 months ago and no decision. And there are quite a few people on this forum in same desperate situation ...

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Oh yea it would be great if they can render decisions within short time frame because my eligibility and medical passed 5 months ago, and my everything else (criminality security background) 1,5 months ago and no decision. And there are quite a few people on this forum in same desperate situation ...
All the best to you and all our fellow people

Last edited:
Reactions: Unicornicaaa

Abtols

Star Member
Jan 12, 2021
Trying to get better information on how the concurrent management of applications of main applicant and outland dependents work. Especially from those who submitted December 2019 and after, when the system started. There hasn't been much being said on that. If you have experienced this firsthand, would be great to hear from you. Thanks.

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hi, i am also in the same boat. My everything passed including all background checks(security and criminality) since feb 10 this year, but no decision yet. The ridiculous factor is that i am july 2018 applicant. My file is there in local london ontario ircc office since january 2020....the most slow office on earth.

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Hello fellow applicants, today I received a message from IRCC stating the following:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

My medical has also been updated today.

Does anyone know what does this all mean and if it is a good thing or not?

For context, I am March 2019 applicant. Last request/update before today was in October 2019. On my online account (police clearance certificate request), I still didn't pass eligibility, security, or criminality.

Please let me know what you think.

Survivor1

Star Member
Jan 30, 2020
Hello fellow applicants, today I received a message from IRCC stating the following:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Protected Persons class.

Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada Immigration Centre in Montreal for further assessment. The Canada Immigration Centre may contact you for an interview or to seek additional information or clarification. That office will make a final decision on your APR and communicate to you its decision.

My medical has also been updated today.

Does anyone know what does this all mean and if it is a good thing or not?

For context, I am March 2019 applicant. Last request/update before today was in October 2019. On my online account (police clearance certificate request), I still didn't pass eligibility, security, or criminality.

Please let me know what you think.
I had received the same letter in january 2020 and my file transferred to my local ircc london ontario office. This is part of normal processing. Dont worry. This is just to divide workload. However, u will have to wait a bit more than other applicants as local offices are slower. My application still in london ontario office with everything including security complete but no final decision. I am july 2018 applicant.

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Hi, i am also in the same boat. My everything passed including all background checks(security and criminality) since feb 10 this year, but no decision yet. The ridiculous factor is that i am july 2018 applicant. My file is there in local london ontario ircc office since january 2020....the most slow office on earth.
That’s........ unbelievable..........in your case you must hire a lawyer (not a consultant) and apply for writ of mandamus since it’s an unreasonable delay and federal court will force ircc to render a decision (in other words will give them a sh..lol)