+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Newcomer87

Mar 2, 2021
Thank you for caring others. I am May 1st, 2019 applicant. There are no updates in my application except these 3. We received your application for PR May 01, 2019 : Acknowledging receipt of your application on August 31, 2019 : We started processing your application on August 30, 2019. No request for medicals. No updates. Nothing. Have a dependent (wife) outside Canada. Totally frustrated.
Exactly same here june 2019 applicant, i hope they start process applications been waiting for almost 2 years ,,

• Sad
Reactions: Tamiou

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
June 2019 applicant. AIP December 2020, medical passed January 2021. Nothing afterwards. Did not ask for overseas spouse application.

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
Not true. I am in Montreal and my friend is waiting since July 2020 for this plastic card.
Tell your friend to resend the photos if it's more than 6 months. Lots of people on this forum I put down there got their card from the Montreal office in 2-3 months, including @adbcca
Track your PR card timeline and processing times here

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
So I called IRCC today. my application is finalized and decision was made, but I have to wait for an update in my profile..My application will be finalized in Etobicoke hence I'm gonna wait forever for my PR card lol no web portal for me :) anyway, good news, but I'm surprised why its taking almost a month for them to update my profile ( the decision was made on March 16 (right after I got a ghost update)so I can at least apply for a normal SIN?!!?!?!?!?!?? I think they are waiting for my bar to reach 100%..

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
So I called IRCC today. my application is finalized and decision was made, but I have to wait for an update in my profile..My application will be finalized in Etobicoke hence I'm gonna wait forever for my PR card lol no web portal for me :) anyway, good news, but I'm surprised why its taking almost a month for them to update my profile ( the decision was made on March 16 (right after I got a ghost update)so I can at least apply for a normal SIN?!!?!?!?!?!?? I think they are waiting for my bar to reach 100%..
Congratulations!! I happy for you !! When was the last time you called them? I had a ghost update 3 weeks ago and one 2 weeks ago and one last week. I called them yesterday (since my bar is 100% April 7) Andthey said security hasn’t started yet :(

Reactions: mimika

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Congratulations!! I happy for you !! When was the last time you called them? I had a ghost update 3 weeks ago and one 2 weeks ago and one last week. I called them yesterday Ana they said security hasn’t started yet :(
Thank you :) But I still cannot open a bottle of champagne until I get a COPR lol
I called them 20 minutes ago.. before that I called them in the beginning of March and they told me that the security hasn't been started.. So I can make a conclusion that if in the beginning of March they haven't started a security check, and on March 16th they made a decision - my security check was done within the two weeks.. But its just my assumption. Three days ago I ordered CBSA notes again, so probably I can say something more clear after reviewing them..

Reactions: Help2

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
Congratulations!! I happy for you !! When was the last time you called them? I had a ghost update 3 weeks ago and one 2 weeks ago and one last week. I called them yesterday (since my bar is 100% April 7) Andthey said security hasn’t started yet :(
So I really hope your security will take no longer than mine.. fingers crossed...

• Love
Reactions: Help2

Help2

Nov 16, 2020
Thank you :) But I still cannot open a bottle of champagne until I get a COPR lol
I called them 20 minutes ago.. before that I called them in the beginning of March and they told me that the security hasn't been started.. So I can make a conclusion that if in the beginning of March they haven't started a security check, and on March 16th they made a decision - my security check was done within the two weeks.. But its just my assumption. Three days ago I ordered CBSA notes again, so probably I can say something more clear after reviewing them..
I see .. I’m trying to convince myself that maybe the started security but haven’t updated the status .. I don’t know ... but I ordered Notes from CBSA on March 18th still waiting

Reactions: mimika