+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Just received an email with CoPR! Exactly 24 hours after DM!

Timeline:

• We received your application for permanent residence on July 19, 2019.
  • We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 9, 2020.
  • We started processing your application on January 8, 2020.
  • We sent you correspondence on December 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • We sent you correspondence on August 5, 2020. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  • RCMP police clearance certificate based on fingerprints - August 10, 2020
  • Medical results have been received. - August 12, 2020
  • AIP - December 10, 2020 (Received by mail - End January 2021)
  • Ghost updates: 2021/03/02 - 2021/03/03
  • Background check completed: 2021/03/02
  • DM - 2021/03/09
  • CoPR & Pre-arrival services letters: 2021/03/10
Congratulations @Yessam07

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
Hi,

I have received an Approval Letter through GCKEY today which says that the application processing is complete and Etobicoke IRCC will contact me to finalize the application.

My timeline is as below:
  • 5 September 2019 - Applied for PR
  • 13 December 2019 - Received AOR
  • 23 December 2019 - Application processing started
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to a portal account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • 8 September 2020 - Gave finger prints for RCMP PCC
  • 6 October 2020 - Mailed PCC from UK as I have lived there in the past
  • 16 December 2020 - Received a letter through email (not through portal) that I meet the eligibility requirements for PR
  • 2 February 2021 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum)
  • 3 February 2021 - Ghost Update
  • 11 March 2021 - Processing of Application Completed. Etobicoke IRCC will contact to finalize the application. (Received letter through GCKEY)
  • Estimated completion date is 5 August 2021 (On Portal 5 Months remaining and bar is 79%)

I have few questions:
  • Is this letter same as Decision Made letter?
  • How long will it take the Etobicoke IRCC to send me the CoPR?
  • Does it matter that the GCKEY also shows that my applications is still in background and eligibility processing stages?

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Hi @Spogmey
Yes, I sent the picture to the Etobicoke office and it was delivered on 3/3/2021. One week ago.

The only way to track it is to use the ' Link my application ' option on GCKey, by entering your information, then the system will find all active applications for you. The same like what you did when you linked your pr application and were able to track it.

Now bare in mind ( according to hundreds of people in other threads ) that some people who sent pictures are able to link their application, some can't. The reason is that officially speaking you can't link the application until they physically open the envelope and start the application, which may take time, that's why some people can't link their application until this happens. However, some other people ( and I am one of them ) were able to link the application even before they open the envelope. I actually linked my application BEFORE I send any pics LOL. The reason ( according to some threads ) is that sometimes the immigration officer initiates the application for you on the system. When I linked my application, I saw on the system that the application date was 24th February 2021 ( same date of my COPR, but I actually received PDF on 1st of March ), which means the application was created by the officer on same day I became a permanent resident, even before I receive the copr pdf.

Right now my application says: " Submitted " on GCKey, however some other people can not link it till they open the envelope.

Try it and let me know. Best of luck.
Thank you so much for your detailed message and for being always supportive..

• Love
Reactions: Fadros and saidur

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Hi,

I have received an Approval Letter through GCKEY today which says that the application processing is complete and Etobicoke IRCC will contact me to finalize the application.

My timeline is as below:
  • 24 December 2019 - Received Application Update E-mail (after which I could link my application to a portal account)
  • 6 September 2020 - Received request for Police Clearance Certificate (exactly after 1 year of application submission, may be it's just a co-incidence)
  • 16 December 2020 - Received a letter through email (not through portal) that I meet the eligibility requirements for PR
  • 2 February 2021 - Passed the medical exam (they have extended the medical exam they conducted when I claimed asylum)
  • 11 March 2021 - Processing of Application Completed. Etobicoke IRCC will contact to finalize the application. (Received letter through GCKEY)
  • Estimated completion date is 5 August 2021 (On Portal 5 Months remaining and bar is 79%)

I have few questions:
  • Does it matter that the GCKEY also shows that my applications is still in background and eligibility processing stages?
Congratulations! Yes it’s DM now wait for COPR, I am waiting since 2nd March whereas others friend received COPR in 24 hrs after dm . Keep us posted

Reactions: mehranjadoon

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi,

My timeline is as below:

I have few questions:
Congratulations @mehranjadoon.

TJav

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Hi,

My timeline is as below:

I have few questions:
Hi, would you like to mention that which year you lived in UK?

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
hi, today i got a message and an update in my account which says im eligible toapply for PR and the update shows my medical has been passed.so what does it mean? any suggested timeline?the bar estimatet time is 17weeks! i supposed te get my pr on april or so.
other thing is, my mom application is on my cic account, but she didnt get any message or update yet.

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
hi, today i got a message and an update in my account which says im eligible toapply for PR and the update shows my medical has been passed.so what does it mean? any suggested timeline?the bar estimatet time is 17weeks! i supposed te get my pr on april or so.
other thing is, my mom application is on my cic account, but she didnt get any message or update yet.
Congratulations! It’s AIP ( Approval in principle) next is DM /COPR

Reactions: hamasi

hamasi

Star Member
Jun 16, 2018
Congratulations! It’s AIP ( Approval in principle) next is DM /COPR
im not sure what does DM/COPR means, but apparently its something pleasant since you congrats me. would you please explain it to me a little bit?
thank you for the quick response btw

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi,

My timeline is as below:

I have few questions:
Congrats. For your Completion and hope you till get the DM / COPR soon. But from your timeline and bar we are atleast encouraged that we can get it soon. please update when you get something next.

Reactions: mehranjadoon

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
im not sure what does DM/COPR means, but apparently its something pleasant since you congrats me. would you please explain it to me a little bit?
thank you for the quick response btw
You are very closed to PR , DM ( means decision made ) COPR means confirmation of Permanent Residence, COPR means your landing paper