+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

1989Khan

Star Member
Feb 18, 2020
Since today my timeline bar disappeared in GCKEY account it’s was 97% and projected date of completion was 29th January. Only God know how long need to wait towards uncertainty. May End 2019 applicant, AIP received 12Dec 2020
I am also may 29th I got my AIP on 17 DEC, Still waiting and asking Allah to grant me patience to wait for the final decision soon in shah Allah

Nazia25

Nov 24, 2020
It's approaching @2MM22 ;)
Last month IRCC asked to pay biometric fee for my spouse (overseas) n yesterday they sent e mail mentioned that they got the payment.anyone could tell me when will they ask for biometric?moreover what is protected A B C n will it affect the timeline of PR processing?

Sirius1

Dec 27, 2019
الحمدلله الذي بنعمه تتم الصالحات

I just checked my GCkey account and it has been updated.

February 18th, 2019 applicant
No AIP
No PCC
(even though I lived in two countries for more than 6 months)
Did medical only once (when claiming protection)
No DM/approval letter

Review of eligibility

• January 14, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • October 26, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • October 30, 2020 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • January 14, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
And the CoPR number and status are included there.

P.S. I haven’t received any email yet.
Congrats ! :)

Reactions: Ryan4

cibok005

Jan 15, 2021
hi everyone have been following every communication in this forum, i just want to share my time line as well.

feb 2019 applicant
aip 19 Nov 2020
DM 20 NOV 2020 on Ecas but not in my cic accout
jan 14, 2020 account updated to DM and copr# attached in cic account/ no email sent was just checking my account now

oversea spouse document send to VO on Nov 20, 2020 , confirmation email indicated, they will respond in 30 business days but no respond yet.

good luck to everyone.

Hnc

Nov 5, 2020
Last month IRCC asked to pay biometric fee for my spouse (overseas) n yesterday they sent e mail mentioned that they got the payment.anyone could tell me when will they ask for biometric?moreover what is protected A B C n will it affect the timeline of PR processing?
I do not know your timeline but they ask biometric after AIP or DM. If you got any of them and they asked your family documents, it would not take much. They will send biometric letter soon.

Reactions: Nazia25

Hnc

Nov 5, 2020
If u can tell me how to get back original passport any idea?? Or they will send with PR card
Before Covid, they returned all your seized documents at the interview but now I think you should ask your documents via webform.

Reactions: Fadros

Nazia25

Nov 24, 2020
I do not know your timeline but they ask biometric after AIP or DM. If you got any of them and they asked your family documents, it would not take much. They will send biometric letter soon.
I m from dec 2019 n I applied for pr with my dependents.Few days before when I called IRCC they informed that I m in background checking stage.how long it could take?

Reactions: luckyrefugee

Hnc

Nov 5, 2020
It depends lots of factor. IRCC is really unpredictable and no one can give accurate time. Some of Aug and Sep 2019 applicants got AIP but also some 2018 applicants are still waiting. Also, in some case IRCC request family documents after AIP in some cases they request after DM.

For 2 months waiting CoPR is popular, although it was not a big deal before. So, it depends to your case and luck, you can not foresee (At least I do not see any formula in this forum or anywhere else) where you will stuck. But for most case as IRCC stated that over than %80 has been completed in 20 months. for your overseas dependents you can follow;

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/overseas-spouse-and-dependents-of-protected-person-and-convention-refugee-timeline-share-here.616027/page-104

Reactions: PrinceH

Mom31

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
الحمدلله الذي بنعمه تتم الصالحات

I just checked my GCkey account and it has been updated.

February 18th, 2019 applicant
No AIP
No PCC
(even though I lived in two countries for more than 6 months)
Did medical only once (when claiming protection)
No DM/approval letter

Review of eligibility

• January 14, 2021 Your eligibility has been reviewed. Please see the final decision below.
Review of medical results
  • October 26, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • October 30, 2020 Your background check was completed.
Final decision
  • January 14, 2021 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.
And the CoPR number and status are included there.

P.S. I haven’t received any email yet.
Congratulations

Reactions: Ryan4

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
hi all
So I applied 23 May 2019
AIP 2 dec 2020
Medical passed 16 dec 2020
Additional doc provided 17 dec 2020
GCMS notes came on 3 Jan 2021: eligibility, med, criminality passed, security- not started.

called ircc on Jan 10th - they told me we are waiting for an answer regarding security
Called them today - they told me we haven’t started security yet ‍‍:(
so either agents cannot provide an actual information, or I don’t understand the difference between “haven’t started” and “waiting for the answer” - which means for me that security has already started ‍‍:(

Reactions: Fadros and saidur

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Totally agree with you, it is strange! I lived in Saudi Arabia and the Unites Stated and they never asked me for PCC from any of them!! What’s also stranger is that the only things they asked me for are my “Basis of Claim” and “RPD decision along with the reasons” which I have never heard anybody getting asked to provide.
Hi Ryan. I have a question. Did you have a visa to enter canada? Maybe your admissibility was checked when you applied for the visa then, and that is why they did not ask for PCC?

Mahm1984

May 12, 2019
hi all
So I applied 23 May 2019
AIP 2 dec 2020
Medical passed 16 dec 2020
Additional doc provided 17 dec 2020
GCMS notes came on 3 Jan 2021: eligibility, med, criminality passed, security- not started.

called ircc on Jan 10th - they told me we are waiting for an answer regarding security
Called them today - they told me we haven’t started security yet ‍‍:(
so either agents cannot provide an actual information, or I don’t understand the difference between “haven’t started” and “waiting for the answer” - which means for me that security has already started ‍‍:(
I have exact similar status and applied date as yours. Don’t worry at all, I didn’t hear in this form someone applied after May 10 and they started his security. Most May applicant passed eligibility and waiting security.
My point here is that someone wrote here before two or three months that he called them and they told him your security not started then after few days he got his DM. So relax and good news is around for sure...

Reactions: Fadros and saidur