+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Today I called IRCC helpline to know about my pr processing. Someone told that my application is in background checking stage. Could anyone plz help to know what is background checking n how long it could take? Plz help
Criminality check (2 to 12 months )+ security check ( 2 to 12 months )= background check 2 to one year and maybe more depend on your travel history, depending on your nationalty and on your employment history

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Criminality check (2 to 12 months )+ security check ( 2 to 12 months )= background check 2 to one year and maybe more depend on your travel history, depending on your nationalty and on your employment history
Security check 2 months to one year and maybe more in my case my background check started on 15 January 2020 and still waiting

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
Security check 2 months to one year and maybe more in my case my background check started on 15 January 2020 and still waiting
Security starts right after you get your eligibility. Correct? What do you mean by country you come from or nationality? and employment history? What are the countries take up more time ? Also what type of employment cause the delay? Thanks.

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Security starts right you get your eligibility? What do you mean by country and employment history? What are the countries take up more time ? Also what type of employment cause the delay? Thanks?
Yes mostly security starts after eligibility and criminality before eligibility.if you are from war zone countries so its take more time and if you are highly educated then they will ask for your resume and they will check your job description for each employer so it's taking time

Reactions: adbcca

Mysoul78

Jun 30, 2018
Yes mostly security starts after eligibility and criminality before eligibility.if you are from war zone countries so its take more time and if you are highly educated then they will ask for your resume and they will check your job description for each employer so it's taking time
This is crazy. I’m not from war zone but my husband is who is still back home. so likelihood of our security getting delayed is very high? Thank you for your answers.

2MM22

Star Member
Mar 2, 2019
Someone I know got their PR processed as well with the following timelines.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 16, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 15, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on January 8, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.
They never asked him for RCMP fingerprints and PCC? Thanks.

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Hi guys !! Hope you all r doing well.

I just opened my account and showing that your application is completed and check down massage for detail once I check only one bar showing COPR number written there nothing else its n one line but no massage or letter attached please guide me if I need to call them ??
SAME!!! :))

Reactions: Fadros

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019

I just opened my account and showing that your application is completed and check down massage for detail once I check only one bar showing COPR number written there nothing else its n one line but no massage or letter attached please guide me if I need to call them ??
Congratulation! "your application is completed" it means you already have the DM,
check out tomorrow in ECAS at 9 AM and tell us what it says

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA

Which account ? There are 3 common accounts theses days !