+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

xer012

Star Member
May 15, 2019
Yes it does, it averages from 6-8 months even a year
where did you see it? On the official website where they show processing time there is no option for oversees dependents of refugees. family class is there but it think that is a different process. Besides our dependents applications start with G which is PR application for refugees.

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
so far I believe the direct COPR is better than the e-portal because I rather have the permanent resident status ASAP than getting a fast pr card but waiting weeks for COPR.
Exactly IRCC should have just sent the COPR via email and then have you go to that portal to upload picture and then they can send the card but a new portal that makes zero sense and also another waiting period after people have waited forever already

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
First of all where you first applied for refugee claim you have to contact tham the Cbsa who seized passport if you cannot go there call them they will let you know where your documents are after you have to contact that Cbsa office which hold your documents and email them your copr or go by person tan they will give you or mail you your document
Thanks my passport is not seized by claiming refugee but I sent it with my PR application so would I receive it back with PR Card ???

Last edited:

PrinceH

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
THAT ALL BEST WISHES FOR ALL :D:D:D:D
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 13, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 25, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on May 24, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent you correspondence on September 19, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. You entered Canada at the Montreal Immigration office on January 8, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident
Many Congratulations brooo my turn is next

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
From what I see the processes are about somewhat the same waiting time, the portal seems slow because we submitted our info weeks ago compared to getting your COPR on that same day IRCC contacted you but they didn't contact you for a month or 2 after a decision was made. A lot of people who recently got COPR got DM in November and December so with or without the portal it was pretty much the same waiting time. And you might be right about it being easier for IRCC maybe because Etobicoke has a higher volume of applications compared to other offices. Across the site majority of COPRs were sent from Etobicoke.

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
I have been waiting since first week of Dec. 2020 after i got DM & approval letter on my Gckey, still no response from them. Who can I contact from Etobicoke?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Someone I know got their PR processed as well with the following timelines.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 16, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on June 15, 2019.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on January 8, 2021 and became a Permanent Resident.

Reactions: adbcca

Nazia25

Nov 24, 2020
Today I called IRCC helpline to know about my pr processing. Someone told that my application is in background checking stage. Could anyone plz help to know what is background checking n how long it could take? Plz help